The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Higolx said:

I'll give that stormcast have more distinct models when you compare chambers BUT here's where it kinda gets problematic with space marines. While in SCE all stormhost have access to all the minis except for named characters of other storm hosts, space marines actually have chapter specific units that literally can only be used by a specific chapter. Only the blood angels can use the sanguinary guard, only space wolfes can use thunderwolf cavalry etc. But thats not even the worst part, some of this chapters have their own version of existing units but with a slight twist so gw actually has to either launch an upgrade sprue for them or launch a complete "new" unit thats just a version of an existing unit (see deathwing knights) or a combination of existing units (iron father, sanguinary priest). Heck, sometimes its literally just the same unit with adifferent name (see space wolves librarians, techmarines and chaplains). It would be like if the Hallowed knight had their own version of the liberators with a slight difference in appearance and GW decided to launch a whole new unit that ONLY the hallowed knights could use. Or if the lord relictor of the Astral Templars had a different name so they needed to have a unique miniature but the functionality is literally the same as a lord relictor.

Pics added for reference: sanguinary guard, thunderwolf cavalry and deathwing knights.

Thanks for the explanation. There is a bit of difference in the things around them and some paraphernalia (like wolves, wings and hoods), but I mostly see religious power armour or wonky space vikings. I get that there's more to it if you're into the theme of religious super soldiers, and apparently many people are into that.

I don't much care about superficial changes, but like skirmish games better anyway, where it's easy to see this guy is a runner, but this girl is as well. My Pistoleers were made out of Glade Guard, Bretonnian Knights as well as some actual pistoleers.

Back to AoS (to us as well as to GW)!

• Like 1

Just had a thought about the Nighthaunt ship rumour engine. 

The new article on Harrowdeep describes how the Kunnin Krew got sucked into the labyrinth after chasing a Wyrm on their crude raft. 

I wonder if the ship isn't actually a unit and will be a terrain piece like the sets they did for Beastgrave was it? With the giant skull, lava pool etc? 

I'd be slightly disappointed that it's not a new unit but as long as its a full ship I can design a Norscan Warshrine out of, I don't mind 😍

the difference is in the history of the game

Space Wolves, Dark Angels and Blood Angels already had their own Codex in 2nd Edition long before the background was settled to the current state

hence they were made different to the "Codex" Chapters that just use the Ultramarines rules but going down that road what the different Marines needed was half a page with 1-2 special units and rules in 3rd. The difference between White Scars, Iron Hands and Ultramarines is non existent as everything those can do, the Ultras do as well

Of course you can make each SCE Champer its own Army Book, but this was make no sense as those have always been in the same book

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

But thats not even the worst part, some of this chapters have their own version of existing units but with a slight twist so gw actually has to either launch an upgrade sprue for them or launch a complete "new" unit thats just a version of an existing unit (see deathwing knights) or a combination of existing units (iron father, sanguinary priest). Heck, sometimes its literally just the same unit with adifferent name (see space wolves librarians, techmarines and chaplains).

Worse or better depends on one's perspective

Some may call it flavorful while other people claim it boring, though.

24 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Worse or better depends on one's perspective

Some may call it flavorful while other people claim it boring, though.

Oh I think its super flavorful. Dont take me wrong, I love my Salamanders and would be super happy if they got more attention. My problem with it is the unbalance on the attention the factions get from GW. I think its kinda unfair that space marines get so much attention meanwhile certain armies still have models that are like 10+ years. I know thats probably because space marines sell more but still, I think GW could spread the love a lil bit better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

Thats a nice bit of art, though it still has that hazy/fog look about it they seem to do so often now. I'd love to see them do some more stuff like this (not cluttered) but go for some really sharp and detailed art styles.

This looks like it could be really interesting as a show and I'd love to watch it but I still have zero interest in paying for W+ or subscription services. Would rather just buy the episodes to keep. Seems unlikely they will do that anytime soon though.

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

The realm of Planet of the Apes. It’s the most ambitious crossover yet!

(check left hand side)

• Haha 1

I take back what I said eariler, I don't think Harrowdeep will be the subject of this Sundays coming next week article but I think dragons will be as the battle report featuring them on warhammer+ has been pushed back a week. 

Also looking forward to seeing how a deepkin aelf is portrayed on film. 

I just want to add that Space Marines had their background called the Horus Heresy, with their Primarchs and their legions/hosts as the main (and unique) stars of their own show. After third edition, everybody knew about the Heresy: Sanginius was death, Big Emp was on the Throne becasue of Horus, Night Haunter was a cruel vigilante, the treason of Lorgar, ...

SCE background is a bit diferent. They were part of a big crusade in the Realmgate Wars, but it was more about a presentation than a story. Anybody knew any Lord Commanders that fought in the Realmgate Wars? Who is/was the Lord Commander's of Anvil's of Heldenhammer/ Knights Excelsis/ Astral Templars/ etc... in the Realmgate Wars?

Named characters can drive the narrative (Hi Vandus!) and that's what Space Marines did for Horus Heresy. Space Marines unique-units were part of that story, something that I'm not sure that SCE have in their own battletomes. There is that buffal-like riders, but I'm not sure if they are from a unique stormhost...

Edited by Beliman
Grammar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:

SCE background is a bit diferent. They were part of a big crusade in the Realmgate Wars, but it was more about a presentation than a story. Anybody knew any Lord Commanders that fought in the Realmgate Wars? Who is/was the Lord Commander's of Anvil's of Heldenhammer/ Knights Excelsis/ Astral Templars/ etc... in the Realmgate Wars?

Named characters can drive the narrative (Hi Vandus!) and that's what Space Marines did for Horus Heresy. Space Marines unique-units were part of that story, something that I'm not sure that SCE have in their own battletomes. There is that buffal-like riders, but I'm not sure if they are from a unique stormhost...

And even within that narrative presentation, Stormcast kicked off the Age of Sigmar but they had a ton of help from other Order factions--so unlike Horus Heresy you'd need a wide variety of named characters to rep the Realmgate Wars.

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

my guess is Chamon or Ghur? I want to say Hysh but with Neave having a really heavy Viking Huntress theme + 3.0 being "the year of the beast" it seems Ghur is more likely than Hysh.

Disappointed we won't see until 2022, excited that her companion will be Idoneth.

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

That being said, I think Hallowed Knights is the only other Stormhost who'd get a Lord-Commander. I do expect another "Celestial" character though, maybe the Celestial Shield if Azyr is breached.

Celestial Warbringers and Knights Excelsior are confirmed to have LC currently, Gardus could have been Hallowed Knights’ LC but he refused, so I guess no LC for Hallowed Knights atm.

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Thanks for the explanation. There is a bit of difference in the things around them and some paraphernalia (like wolves, wings and hoods), but I mostly see religious power armour or wonky space vikings. I get that there's more to it if you're into the theme of religious super soldiers, and apparently many people are into that.

I don't much care about superficial changes, but like skirmish games better anyway, where it's easy to see this guy is a runner, but this girl is as well. My Pistoleers were made out of Glade Guard, Bretonnian Knights as well as some actual pistoleers.

Back to AoS (to us as well as to GW)!

Gotta admit, GW indeed did them a bit over the top...

72C995C4-3CE6-4F4E-B735-C5F541DC8CFB.jpeg

36E2BD46-42D7-40B6-A6DB-A72CE4F8173D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

YLylo1aE9d0xWH2X.jpg

Imagine an AoS themed anime with sort of the style and tone of the original Berserk anime, that would be so cool! Unfortunately GW seems to be working at a snails pace with like a 20 minute animation bit for AoS every 3-6 months, so while interesting, I fear there wont be much meat on the bone all in all. Not sure if a single episode of this will make me sub for that alone.

4 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Imagine an AoS themed anime with sort of the style and tone of the original Berserk anime, that would be so cool! Unfortunately GW seems to be working at a snails pace with like a 20 minute animation bit for AoS every 3-6 months, so while interesting, I fear there wont be much meat on the bone all in all. Not sure if a single episode of this will make me sub for that alone.

I believe it’s a series like Angels of blood so it be like multi episode story ( like 12 episodes)

Edited by novakai

15 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Yeah Blacktalon will be 8-12 episodes at most going by other western anime... if it happens to be good enough to be worth paying to watch, I'll wait until all the episodes are out instead of paying for 2-3 months for a single piece of AOS content.

edit: is GW releasing one single episode of ONE single show each week, or are each of the 40k anims getting 1 episode per week??

Edited by CommissarRotke

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

my guess is Chamon or Ghur? I want to say Hysh but with Neave having a really heavy Viking Huntress theme + 3.0 being "the year of the beast" it seems Ghur is more likely than Hysh.

Disappointed we won't see until 2022, excited that her companion will be Idoneth.

I'm hoping since Neave is just the anglicized version of Irish name Niamh, they make her more Irish huntress than Viking. 

But my hopes, they are low :(

• Like 2