The Rumour Thread

It just maybe they don’t want to do the public announcement just yet until they have a better grasp of the situation. like giving a good ETA on when the dragons are coming. Once they start rolling out the SCE their hands are tied on what they going to do and announce.

Either that or they are super delay because originally the BT box was rumor to be slated at end of September  and it could just be a case of being behind schedule by 2 weeks or so

• Like 1

From what I understand of GW's practices, a lot of times models are loaded up into their warehouses months ahead of time to prepare for simultaneous distribution to all the game stores around the world on release day. 

It's more likely that they're just struggling to keep an even cash flow while also being behind on releasing big-name things like Black Templar. The Aeronautica stuff was also really overdue. I'm sure now the schedule is going to struggle between the rest of the stormcast stuff and the rest of the Black Templar stuff while also prepping for the next wave of releases and also struggling with global supply chain issues. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 2:07 PM, SirSalabean said:

Yeah I was told it’s production issues by a gw employee who I personally trust so that’s my Xmas list out the window lol those were my most anticipated models 

If employees know, and are allowed to tell people, then why won't the company say anything...

4 hours ago, The World Tree said:

GW WANTS to sell us their products

Do they? I don't think 40k getting precedence over AOS is a conspiracy; especially taking into account things like novels, video games, and now (animated) shows. If shipping is such a hassle + 40k is their bigger seller, it would seem predictable business sense for GW to sideline AOS--especially with the dragon moulds problem.

51 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

If employees know, and are allowed to tell people, then why won't the company say anything...

Do they? I don't think 40k getting precedence over AOS is a conspiracy; especially taking into account things like novels, video games, and now (animated) shows. If shipping is such a hassle + 40k is their bigger seller, it would seem predictable business sense for GW to sideline AOS--especially with the dragon moulds problem.

yes lol they do. releasing aeronautica is not a more sensible move than releasing models for mainline factions in aos that already have books released...

• Like 1

I didn't mean to imply a conspiracy or even a negative. Just that as someone who worked in medical logistics if you told me "weve only got room for like 60% of what you need to send" I'd do an analysis of how best to utilize the room available and make a difficult decision based on that.

Now they're not sending medicine but plastic toys so they dont have to weigh damages to the recipient (nor should they) but instead weight damage to their bottom line. If using all available space to ship the bigger selling game is the more financially sound decision I would expect them to make it.

Of course the damage it does to the... for lack of a better word, morale, of your customers is an intangible that won't show up on a quarterly earnings report and I'm not qualified to say whether they've properly weighed it or not.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Sorry I keep seeing references to problems with the dragon molds. What are the problems is it a production or sculpt issue?

The rumor started here by someone saying that Rob from Honest Wargamer had heard that there havd been problem with the molds.

I haven't seen anything more to back up the rumor but it's possible I have missed more to back up the claim. However, there are lot of other kits not released and since fuel is a problem in the UK (and lorry drivers are rare) it could just be that they have no possibility to get kits out of their warehouse storage.

• Thanks 1

It could simply be that the specific shipment with the new AoS releases is having difficulties whilst everything else made it through just fine. Anyone who's bought regularly from FFG/Asmodee will have heard the jokes about how much Somali pirates must love X-Wing considering how often their stuff runs into trouble getting across the ocean. 

Call it a hunch, but I highly doubt Aeronautica Imperialis made it out the door first because it's more popular than AoS - I've seen more dust on those boxes than anything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

From what I understand of GW's practices, a lot of times models are loaded up into their warehouses months ahead of time to prepare for simultaneous distribution to all the game stores around the world on release day. 

They try, but we know they are not always as ahead as they would like to be.  Example I can remember off the top of my head are the Primaris Chaplain on Bike. Which was around 6 weeks delay for shipping in Australia in Sep 2020. So its likely they either have no stock or insufficient stock in a warehouse for whatever reason, shipping, production, higher sales forecast needs more stock on release, etc.

I used to work at a railway company. There will allways be a delay somewhere.

I was part of passenger information: Our job was to give as much realistic information about the delay. When the passengers feel like they have enough information to figure out what to do, they are kinda "happy" (if the delay never appeared it would be better). It is important for passengers to know: "How long do I have until my train arrives? Can I go to the toilette? Can I go to the kiosk and buy a book? Or should I figure out a hotel for tonight?".

The GW "passenger information" is horrible. We understand there is a delay. Just give us a roadmap so we can figure out, what to do. Should we expect to be able to play SCE at an upcoming event or do we need to switch things around? Don't go around and sneak edit your stuff. Be transparent and your customers will love you for it. Instead of despising you.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

16 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I don’t care how old the sculpts are, GW is rereleasing tomb kings and I couldn’t be happier.

image.jpeg.cecfdb925c6608dcaf0d8c33cdc725da.jpeg

My thoughts exactly. Its not the best bloodbowl team ever made, but maybe if lots of people want it that will encourage them to make new plastic tomb kings for bloodbowl. And I can always use a few more skeletons...

That space marine box set looks hilariously sparse. Are they actually going to charge everyone the >£100 ticket price that box sets usually go for for ten guys and a dreadnaught? I know they put a lot of value in special edition books, but in general the community seems t not exactly agree. Surely however good the models are, it can't be worth a boxed set price?

40 minutes ago, JanGret said:

The GW "passenger information" is horrible. We understand there is a delay. Just give us a roadmap so we can figure out, what to do. Should we expect to be able to play SCE at an upcoming event or do we need to switch things around? Don't go around and sneak edit your stuff. Be transparent and your customers will love you for it. Instead of despising you.

The problem GW has is that investors tend to look at stuff like this and they can wipe the price off the stock value if it comes across as they were having issues. So if you look at the problems we are aware of:

1) Rumours about mold problems for a kit.

2) Issues around transporting products (HGV drivers in the UK, fuel)

3) Complications around Brexit

4) Complications with Covid

5) Complications with failed ERP update internally

Throw these all together and it’s a tricky situation to sort out and they may not know the full plan. They may be firefighting to get things out now, such as the Stormcast releases but this will impact future releases due to production runs and storage. Plus we don’t know all the details. But I strongly suspect that if they started making announcements, people would get twitchy.

Yes I know it’s frustrating but they want to release stuff. They also don’t want to spook people either!

Anyway, rumours please

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

That is why you pair bad news with positive news and announce Chaos Dwarves and see your stocks go up tenfold. 

You can’t do that as the internet would melt from the excitement and then rage about not knowing when they were coming out due to the issues! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

That is why you pair bad news with positive news and announce Chaos Dwarves and see your stocks go up tenfold. 

To be fair it was only a few years ago that they made a big announcement that there was going to be a subsequent big announcement, which was that the Old World was coming in the future, at some non specified point 

• Haha 1

They uploaded a video about Underworlds: Rivals but more than that apparently Harrowdeep will be released this month? We only have two more releases that will actually be in store in October so either this Sunday or next would have to be the announcement.

image.png.0bd7dbdb677cbf5c8450cd306fe02112.png

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

They uploaded a video about Underworlds: Rivals but more than that apparently Harrowdeep will be released this month? We only have two more releases that will actually be in store in October so either this Sunday or next would have to be the announcement.

image.png.0bd7dbdb677cbf5c8450cd306fe02112.png

Scenes when GW release another side game before the SCE kits.

WHU Rivals sounds as expected. I like the idea a lot but can't help notice that only Direchasm and Harrowdeep warbands are actually shown in the video. Doesn't necessarily rule out the idea that this could be a reprieve or a boost (or even a reissue!) for S1/2/3 warbands but does suggest this format won't break from the larger WHU model.

It's also a bit much to suggest that it'll be perfectly balanced just because all the decks are pre-made but that's the inevitable marketing copy. As a concept it's still a good call to introduce a format that doesn't rely quite so heavily on the FOMO churn of cards and pay-to-win aspect of deckbuilding.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3