The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Rumours are something is wrong with the moulds. Wouldnt be suprised to see them delayed that long. Does suck for the fans of the mini though.

Yeah I was told it’s production issues by a gw employee who I personally trust so that’s my Xmas list out the window lol those were my most anticipated models 

• Sad 1

While not GW specific. This article talks about the big issues with shipping containers and the impact on board game makers. It will be impacting GWalso. Strap in for some price rises as they claw back costs on containers which cost 3k but now cost 40k

https://time.com/6096497/board-games-shipping-crisis/?fbclid=IwAR092ysTtaakbBWPekRfC9qry9u2x1iwhtGx1UzHGE2s24oZK4Ng2TavzQk

Edited by Praecautus
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Praecautus said:

While not GW specific. This article talks about the big issues with shipping containers and the impact on board game makers. It will be impacting GWalso. Strap in for some price rises as they claw back costs on containers which cost 3k but now cost 40k

https://time.com/6096497/board-games-shipping-crisis/?fbclid=IwAR092ysTtaakbBWPekRfC9qry9u2x1iwhtGx1UzHGE2s24oZK4Ng2TavzQk

Hopefully not, I love this company and its world they built but they are already very expensive and a price increase may just push me out of the hobby. 

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Kronos said:

So what are we expecting to be released in the last 3 months pf 2021?

More Stormcast and Kruleboys individual starter kits?

Dragons?

Harrowdeep?

• Harrowdeep seems almost certain.
  • If the dragon issues are true, we'll probably see everything but them. 
  • Chaos Battletome I could see being delayed into November.
  • Obligatory Battleforces in December. 
  • Maybe whatever's being revealed for Warcry but I could easily see that slipping into 2022.

I think that'll be it AoS-wise. November is inevitably going to be taken up by Black Templar and Kill-Team. December is supposedly GSC/Custodes, as well as the Battleforces. I think at most we'll see a Christmas Day reveal or tease for whatever's coming next for AoS like last Christmas and then a New Year's Open Day like in non-Covid times.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully not, I love this company and its world they built but they are already very expensive and a price increase may just push me out of the hobby. 

I know. It’s a lot at the moment and another rise obviously has an impact. On the bright side I am making an assumption that it will impact GW. But board games manufacturers are having to/have raise prices so there is a precedent. Maybe GW are big enough to absorb the costs and or things will start to come back down over 2022. If not it it’s hard not to see the cost being passed onto the consumer. Particularly non UK 😟

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:
  • Harrowdeep seems almost certain.
  • If the dragon issues are true, we'll probably see everything but them. 
  • Chaos Battletome I could see being delayed into November.
  • Obligatory Battleforces in December. 
  • Maybe whatever's being revealed for Warcry but I could easily see that slipping into 2022.

I think that'll be it AoS-wise. November is inevitably going to be taken up by Black Templar and Kill-Team. December is supposedly GSC/Custodes, as well as the Battleforces. I think at most we'll see a Christmas Day reveal or tease for whatever's coming next for AoS like last Christmas and then a New Year's Open Day like in non-Covid times.

I'm certain the Chaos Tome has been pushed, I think if were being realistic a December release may even be in the cards at this point. 

6 hours ago, Praecautus said:

It's worth noting this is largely from China - container costs are definitely higher worldwide, but they're not nearly that high from other ports like in Pakistan, India, etc (source, myself - because I import stuff).  Stuff from Spain/Turkey/Greece/Italy was maybe double what it used to be.

If most of their production is in the UK, i'd say it's the UK trucking / difficulty getting materials / etc, as opposed to specifically the container issue?

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Push me out of the company but not the hobby. 😕

Maybe I will join the 40k exodus to Battletech although Bushido: Risen Sun, Infinity, Frostgrave and Kings of War all speak more to my tastes. Marvel Crisis Protocol and Star Wars Legion both pique my interest but as these characters have such highly established looks it dampens the excitement of creating my own colour scheme and lists. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Fyrenn said:

It's worth noting this is largely from China - container costs are definitely higher worldwide, but they're not nearly that high from other ports like in Pakistan, India, etc (source, myself - because I import stuff).  Stuff from Spain/Turkey/Greece/Italy was maybe double what it used to be.

If most of their production is in the UK, i'd say it's the UK trucking / difficulty getting materials / etc, as opposed to specifically the container issue?

Good points. Maybe less to be worried about.

Ooof, well there's my crimbo prezzie sorted. 

Valrak reported that there should be a Templar Ancient (Banner Bearer) and a full Sword Brethren squad still to come so I'm guessing we'll see either one of these tomorrow. I'd set expectations to these at least.

Would honestly prefer a Harrowdeep model though, itching so bad to see the roadmap of warbands!

• LOVE IT! 1

Even if the dragon issue is true, that does not explain why none of the other kits are being released and 0 communication is taking place. GW sold us the battletome weeks ago, with rules for models nowhere to be seen for weeks and not even as much as a word on what is going on, that is just so so poorly executed by them. 

If there really is an production issue, tell us, instead we are now getting black templars before what should have been the first big wave of AoS 3.0 models... Even Kruleboyz are still missing the boltboyz kit, which is arguably perhaps the most important one for them, leaving people with no other option than to scavenge Dominion kits... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Even if the dragon issue is true, that does not explain why none of the other kits are being released and 0 communication is taking place. GW sold us the battletome weeks ago, with rules for models nowhere to be seen for weeks and not even as much as a word on what is going on, that is just so so poorly executed by them. 

If there really is an production issue, tell us, instead we are now getting black templars before what should have been the first big wave of AoS 3.0 models... Even Kruleboyz are still missing the boltboyz kit, which is arguably perhaps the most important one for them, leaving people with no other option than to scavenge Dominion kits... 

Yes - is there a customer service email we can all ask?

They've communicated with production/shipping/release issues before when it came to things like the Sylvaneth Battletome even pre-Covid, so if there are issues I don't really see what the harm would be in saying so, unless there's some new marketing head who thinks doing so would be like admitting defeat.

Whilst I'm not surprised to see the BT launch box land before the actual supplement, I didn't expect it this early into October (officially the supplement was to be for November). Does make me wonder if some things got juggled around or it was always the plan to push the box out now.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

I was pretty much past blaming them for the shipping issues and thought surely it was just a poor coincidence that grey knights didnt get caught up in the delay. Or orks. Or kill team.. or black templar...

Now it's starting to feel more and more like they ran the numbers and said "X customers buy 40k so we'll lose less money if we use our limited shipping room to sell only 40k"  (which might even be a sound business decision I dont know) and just wont admit it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

I was pretty much past blaming them for the shipping issues and thought surely it was just a poor coincidence that grey knights didnt get caught up in the delay. Or orks. Or kill team.. or black templar...

Now it's starting to feel more and more like they ran the numbers and said "X customers buy 40k so we'll lose less money if we use our limited shipping room to sell only 40k"  (which might even be a sound business decision I dont know) and just wont admit it.

We know for a fact that GK and TS were late...

We also don't know if the other items were moved around.

The fact is GW WANTS to sell us their products; missing launch is a big miss for the Stormcast kits (especially the non-dragons, which would have sold more on hype, rather than rules).

The lack of communication is bizarre, but these conspiracies are dumb.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1