The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'd love that. I would really like for us to get off the battletome treadmill for a bit. New narrative books are definitely more exciting that battletome updates that just update the rules language to be 3.0 compatible.

I completely agree mate. Pushing the narrative forward is far more important to me than rules. Narrative also opens up for the introduction of new Factions such as Chaos Duardin, rather than 'Oh and then these guys are here'.

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I completely agree mate. Pushing the narrative forward is far more important to me than rules. Narrative also opens up for the introduction of new Factions such as Chaos Duardin, rather than 'Oh and then these guys are here'.

It also opens up the possiblity to mere faction and develop them into their own identity etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

It also opens up the possiblity to mere faction and develop them into their own identity etc.

Precisely. Say Duardin are souped, we may have a reason for them coming together. Perhaps Grungni has a plan to bring Grimnir back to the Realms and requires the Duardin coming together to make that happen. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I'm still a bit ehhh about getting another wave of new armies.

Expand the existing ones please!

I hope we continue to get further Subfactions as I feel it is a good way to expand armies while also getting new content.

Malerion/Umbraneth--DOK, Kurnothi--Sylvaneth, Chaos Dwarves--S2D, Grotbag Scuttlers--Gloomspite, Firebellies--Ogor Mawtribes, Vampirates--Soulblight, Dawnbringer--Cities. 

I still do hope we get Silent People as an entirely new army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Really? Are those guys credible? And any word on whether DOK will be souped together with Malerion's army (which is something I suspect and desperately do NOT want)?

I cannot see Dorfs Of Kaos teaming up with an over tall pointy eared praying mantis shadow goon.

Im really hoping for the box of elf casualties release.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Thats unlucky… I hast the hope to See malerion much early! But i will Start Save Money know to buy all the malerion Stuff!😅

i dont buy gw products atm, cause of the pricing and so on, but malerion would be another thing!🙄

come on now don't be silly. You know it's going to be 150 for a tabletop smoke machine because you know.. shadow elves innit.

16 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

One thing I hadn't considered before now... maybe the combining of FS and KO will be related to the release of Chorfs? Like the orderly stunties have to set aside their differences and band together against the Hash-up-to-no-goods?

Having a big dwarf throw-down would be pretty great.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

One thing I hadn't considered before now... maybe the combining of FS and KO will be related to the release of Chorfs? Like the orderly stunties have to set aside their differences and band together against the Hash-up-to-no-goods?

I think its more to do with the with Dwarfs reuniting to reclaim their kingdoms, but the return of Grungni could push the Chorfs to be more active and aggressive, Belakors fluff mentioned him knowing that some would be interested in the return of their old foe. 

• Like 1

I would absolutely love a massive dwarf campaign, pitting an alliance of all of the orderly Duardin against their chaotic kin. Chaos Dwarves are one of my all time favourite armies, and classic dwarves aren't far behind, so its the perfect rumour to catch my attention, and if it comes true might, just might, get me to care about 3e.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I think its more to do with the with Dwarfs reuniting to reclaim their kingdoms, but the return of Grungni could push the Chorfs to be more active and aggressive, Belakors fluff mentioned him knowing that some would be interested in the return of their old foe. 

Well, the dwarfs could end up stumbling into some chorfs when exploring old dwarf ruins. A box of dwarfs vs chorfs with dwarf terrain would be amazing but Im afraid that might give some people here a hype induced heart attack XD

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Hey guys just woke up what did I mi--

Polish_20210930_170415376.jpg.48fcbdccf384e2af79e779a781aa70f9.jpg

Sigmar tries in vain to make Gold the new black. Although, with Grungni's new sliming Thunderstirke line Archaon has finally taken notice of his rival's style. Teclis and Nagash battle in a constantly waging war of hat dominace. But deep in the Shadows Malerion took council with the imprisoned Chaotic God of High Fashion and learned of peoples forgotten in time with raging furnaces and impeccable tastes. Soon he sought them out and created a deadly alliance that would shake the realms to the core. 

Furnace King Fashion Week has found the Ultimate Runway Model! The Mortal Realms will never be the same:
352296647_MalerionChorfHat.jpg.2c730d1c031153558a07cc7ebcc14610.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't think that having Fyreslayers in a battle box before the release of a combined dwarf book is a big problem. I would bet that a future dwarf book would follow the Orruk Warclans model, with it's subfacitons being playable as their own allegiances. There was no problem having Kruleboyz in the Dominion box instead of a mix of Orruk units, so I don't see why it would be a problem here.

I think it more about timing because next summer is really far off and the boxset seems to coming much sooner and both battletome off the heel of the release. I would expect that much of siginificant wait time between the model and ruls