The Rumour Thread

Warning: Random Musings Alert!

I was thinking about Warcry and spiders and I realized that this is actually the best way for GW to support some of the smaller subfactions with new units. They used Warcry to fill out the Cultist range of Slaves to Darkness and now might be using it as a way of getting some new plastics for Spiderfang Goblins. I can easily see this being expanded upon for most armies to allow for model refreshes and new releases.

I think that the initial wave of cards might be a good indicator of potential sub-factions focused on in Warcry. I could see this being an expansion of how Underworlds introduces a number of subfactions. I also think Dawnbringers might play into Warcry even if they are not part of the upcoming box. I find the use of barricades in Kill Team pretty interesting and thought it would be a cool mechanic for Dawnbringers. Maybe there could be a unit of builders that place barricades on the battlefield. 

I dunno, I think as we sort out random rumours we can at least look forward to some AOS content in Warcry and Underworlds... as we continue to argue figure out what the lava pouring into the ocean represents. I am thinking it is simply GW's new model casting process.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I can feel my heart sinking as I am running low on my c✴️pium reserves and the fire meaning "Fyreslayers" rather than "the mighty forges of Hashut" means even longer wait until I can fondle a Chorf miniature in the darkness of the damp cavern I inhabit. "My preciousss...we needsss it~ Gollum! Gollum!"

I mean, I like my Kruleboyz - but they don't feel "mine", you know? Am I the only one who feels this way?

All that said, I'm really happy if you're finally getting more IDK. They deserve some love.

Have you seen the Dancing Yak Miniatures version of chorfs? Some good 'n goofy sculpts there. take a scroll here

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Warning: Random Musings Alert!

I was thinking about Warcry and spiders and I realized that this is actually the best way for GW to support some of the smaller subfactions with new units. They used Warcry to fill out the Cultist range of Slaves to Darkness and now might be using it as a way of getting some new plastics for Spiderfang Goblins. I can easily see this being expanded upon for most armies to allow for model refreshes and new releases.

I think that the initial wave of cards might be a good indicator of potential sub-factions focused on in Warcry. I could see this being an expansion of how Underworlds introduces a number of subfactions. I also think Dawnbringers might play into Warcry even if they are not part of the upcoming box. I find the use of barricades in Kill Team pretty interesting and thought it would be a cool mechanic for Dawnbringers. Maybe there could be a unit of builders that place barricades on the battlefield. 

I dunno, I think as we sort out random rumours we can at least look forward to some AOS content in Warcry and Underworlds... as we continue to argue figure out what the lava pouring into the ocean represents. I am thinking it is simply GW's new model casting process.

It’s possible, though most people seem to be leaning in them being chaos spider creatures then spiderfang at the moment.

the thing with Warcry warbands is they are design with weapon options, and different champion/ unit type because of how they function as different individual in Warcry. So for example if hypothetically it is a spiderfang warband I wouldn’t expect them to refresh the spider rider unit but do more of a squad similar to untamed beast where there a bunch of grots on foot some with bow or spear and they have a giant spider beast as part of their unit like the rock jaw.

of course maybe this edition they change how they design them for Warcry like how they did kreig guardsmen

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

The thing is I don’t think there is a new AoS army coming out anytime soon and these quick battle boxes are quite normal release that GW does to update books faster when edition comes out. I would expect a battle box to come out pretty soon since the last one for AoS was shadow and pain which was last November

Having them do these to update a book makes it even less logical if dwarves are souped. Adding the least popular part of the army in a box doesn't advertize it very well.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

That would be super cool, but I feel like Fyreslayers is probably more likely than Chorfs.

I have trouble believing that they'd risk a box with two of the less selling factions. I would also not be interested at all in having a lot of basically identical fire dwarves. Now there is design space for Fyreslayers, but I doubt they'll redesign them.

20 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Having them do these to update a book makes it even less logical if dwarves are souped. Adding the least popular part of the army in a box doesn't advertize it very well.

I have trouble believing that they'd risk a box with two of the less selling factions. I would also not be interested at all in having a lot of basically identical fire dwarves. Now there is design space for Fyreslayers, but I doubt they'll redesign them.

I mean you are assuming that they are the least selling army ( I personally don’t think IDK statement is as true). But I remember Warcom article saying that Fyreslayer is a very popular army when the 2nd battletome came out and people defended that statement. So maybe GW think otherwise?

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

Hello all, getting back into the hobby after a 10+ year hiatus and loving the look and feel of the Flesh Eater Courts. I see there are some unsolved rumour englines with a FEC vibe (hand holding skull on throne, hand grasping sword). Are there any rumours about the next FEC battletome/new models etc being soon, or am I safe to jump in now and get the battletome and start stockpiling ghouls?

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, Bimini Bon Bidoof said:

Hello all, getting back into the hobby after a 10+ year hiatus and loving the look and feel of the Flesh Eater Courts. I see there are some unsolved rumour englines with a FEC vibe (hand holding skull on throne, hand grasping sword). Are there any rumours about the next FEC battletome/new models etc being soon, or am I safe to jump in now and get the battletome and start stockpiling ghouls?

Welcome to the TGA mate!! Straight into the Rumour posting you gotta love it, so far our only Rumours for FEC are those Rumour Engines you have mentioned.

FEC or Nighthaunt are most likely of the Death Alliance to get Battletomes first but they could still be very far off into the future.

• Thanks 1

There is also some precedent of battle boxes with less-than-stellar models like the Craftworlds part of the Blood of the Phoenix set and to a lesser extent, the Grey Knights. If anything, the boxes are used to move quantity that isn't already selling itself. And for all the Chorf disciples in here, I'm surprised that people would think that this would be their debut? Surely GW have something far ambitious planned for them?

Then again, Ossiarchs were introduced that way, albeit with complimentary releases. The rumor about Chorfs blowing a hole in Azyr were ultimately bunk, but man did that sound like fun...!

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Welcome to the TGA mate!! Straight into the Rumour posting you gotta love it, so far our only Rumours for FEC are those Rumour Engines you have mentioned.

FEC or Nighthaunt are most likely of the Death Alliance to get Battletomes first but they could still be very far off into the future.

Thank you! No matter the fandom or hobby, I gravitate towards spoilers - can't help myself!

Sounds like I'm pretty safe to pick up a couple of start collectings then, hopefully by the time they're table-ready we'll know a bit more about upcoming releases

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bimini Bon Bidoof said:

Thank you! No matter the fandom or hobby, I gravitate towards spoilers - can't help myself!

Sounds like I'm pretty safe to pick up a couple of start collectings then, hopefully by the time they're table-ready we'll know a bit more about upcoming releases

Absolutely mate.

9 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

OK, "Will they get a new book soon?" tier list:

my-image.png.b9d15959a8831cbe0706f36140a868a3.png

*snip*

I like your reasoning and I’d especially love dwarfs to be up soon but I’m not so sure. There are dwarf looking things in the rumour engines but I think they are more like Squats, unless the Grungni faction have a more futuristic feel. 
I think Sylvaneth could be higher as one if the themes of 3rd is Spring has come and life is unleashed. Plus the Kurnothi have been sitting there as a perfect expansion for them. Dawnbringers, Sylvaneth and Dwarfs would be my first 3 Order picks as fluff wise they are set up. 
i think Chorfs will come but not as a full faction until later in the edition, maybe appearing as a war band or underworlds set. 

But generally- no idea what’s coming ! I don’t expect any surprises before Christmas the way things are going. But open to being surprised! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bimini Bon Bidoof said:

Good call, FEC has one of the bet start collecting boxes too. Even if a new book comes out with a bunch of crazy radical changes, you'll still have a great solid base no matter what

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

NEW RUMOUR

Courtesy of the folks over at Warhammer weekly. According to Tom, next summer we will see a new campaign featuring Malerion, combined Duardin and the introduction of the chaos Duardin. 

Really? Are those guys credible? And any word on whether DOK will be souped together with Malerion's army (which is something I suspect and desperately do NOT want)?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Really? Are those guys credible? And any word on whether DOK will be souped together with Malerion's army (which is something I suspect and desperately do NOT want)?

Tom does know people but he's fallen for lies before. He got the initial warcry release dead wrong but he shared some early rumours about the KO book which all came true. No news on DoK. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

NEW RUMOUR

Courtesy of the folks over at Warhammer weekly. According to Tom, next summer we will see a new campaign featuring Malerion, combined Duardin and the introduction of the chaos Duardin. 

New Campaign as in new Narrative books?! I'm all about that and glad we arent waiting till the end of this Edition to get the Narrstive moving again. 

Interesting. Could mean that itll be a Duardin Summer next year which I am all about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

New Campaign as in new Narrative books?! I'm all about that and glad we arent waiting till the end of this Edition to get the Narrstive moving again. 

Interesting. Could mean that itll be a Duardin Summer next year which I am all about. 

I'd love that. I would really like for us to get off the battletome treadmill for a bit. New narrative books are definitely more exciting that battletome updates that just update the rules language to be 3.0 compatible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

NEW RUMOUR

Seems plausible.

GW like campaign books at the moment. We know chorfs and Malerion are coming at some point. 

Only thing I'm not sure on is the combined dwarf book.

I'm sure Whitefang is hinting at Fyreslayers. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Seems plausible.

GW like campaign books at the moment. We know chorfs and Malerion are coming at some point. 

I don't think that having Fyreslayers in a battle box before the release of a combined dwarf book is a big problem. I would bet that a future dwarf book would follow the Orruk Warclans model, with it's subfacitons being playable as their own allegiances. There was no problem having Kruleboyz in the Dominion box instead of a mix of Orruk units, so I don't see why it would be a problem here.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

NEW RUMOUR

Wow cool!! Really hope so for combined dwarfs [as long as we get some new dwarf sculpts - I love the current Ironbreakers and hammerer sets but we could do with some AoS dwarfs]

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Summer of Duardin! I'm all in! Hoping for Squats to return in 40k as well and then the circle will be complete....

28 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't think that having Fyreslayers in a battle box before the release of a combined dwarf book is a big problem. I would bet that a future dwarf book would follow the Orruk Warclans model, with it's subfacitons being playable as their own allegiances. There was no problem having Kruleboyz in the Dominion box instead of a mix of Orruk units, so I don't see why it would be a problem here.

Yeah I could see Fyreslayers getting a model or two in a box and then appear in a combined tome. Whitefang suggested new things for Slayers but he also heavily suggested a combined dwarf book. The two aren't mutually exclusive and I'm fairly sure I remember him saying just because factions share a book doesn't mean they can't get a new model or two. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Seems plausible.

I wonder if it's a slight miscommunication. I could imagine a campaign book that contains rules for a combined Duardin army while the battletomes remain separate, a bit like The legion of the first prince. 

• Like 4