The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Charleston said:

image.jpeg.png.4c803929b28d084666e45866f206d82e.png

Some more details spotted. Bottom part is the most interesting one: The cut of is artificial and cuts over the painted highlights. I assume that there will be either another part of the model or a part of an scenic base, which would mean that this is no floaty boaty. 

Also, the triskele seems oddly familiar. Wasn't this exact motif used on some models already? I mean, I know it is quite a common motif but still. 

Yes its familiar. I think its the same one on Lady Olynder's chest

images - 2021-09-28T100448.006.jpeg

• Like 4

[Harrowdeep] was rediscovered almost by accident by a group of Daughters of Khaine. These rebellious aelves didn’t agree with Morathi’s ascent to godhood,** so they formed an alliance with the Idoneth Deepkin to resist the growing power of the Shadow-Queen. Morathi dispatched agents to deal with this breakaway faction, but by the time they found the turncoats’ location, the enclave had already been abandoned. 

Hey this is really cool.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Also, the triskele seems oddly familiar. Wasn't this exact motif used on some models already? I mean, I know it is quite a common motif but still. 

Lauchon the endless spell guy?

Edit: ignore me I'm dumb. You said triskele and I meant trireme.

Edited by The Red King

3 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

The age of Chaos Dwarves is over. The time of Vampirates has come…. Again.

image.jpeg.9a757a5b7671d75f73ae89f9ac62c191.jpeg

Okay so this is never going to happen but what if Malerion's forces utilize winged skyships made from the corpses of great dragons pulled by lesser dragons to fight Kharadron in the sky! I am kind of hoping we get a number of skyships in the game with Kharadron being the masters

Alternatively, I do not care what faction this is for I want a bone ship...!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Okay so this is never going to happen but what if Malerion's forces utilize winged skyships made from the corpses of great dragons pulled by lesser dragons to fight Kharadron in the sky! I am kind of hoping we get a number of skyships in the game with Kharadron being the masters

No plis. I don't want to buy any Aelve... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotAWzrd said:

The age of Chaos Dwarves is over. The time of Vampirates has come…. Again.

image.jpeg.9a757a5b7671d75f73ae89f9ac62c191.jpeg

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Somebody should make a list of all references and what name has been used - I suspect Furnace Kings are the top one (making it the most obvious candidate for the official name!)

“Furnace Kings” seems to be the name being pumped out by GW to be the next chorf army since the real gate wars if I’m not mistaken. I personally love it, it’s not too AOS that we have to mock the ****** outta it, but still unique enough to be copyrighted. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

No plis. I don't want to buy any Aelve... 

Do not worry I am reconsidering my excitement and now I am hoping it is grand galley with royal oarsmen proudly guiding thier mighty ship port to port. In other words a rotting Flesh Eater barge carried by ghouls across the mortal realms.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

A flying ghost ship would rule, it would be great to get to the point where you have speciality flying naval combat game. Kharadron Overlords, Nighaunt, Skaven and Grotbag Scuttlers duking it out in the skies.

On another note, I'm guessing this natfka post has been discussed already but this snippet really surprised me:

image.png.09cf50caf0286c4ae9861c03beddeee7.png

IDK the worst selling army? I'd have bet anything it would be Fyreslayers, I always assumed Deepkin sold solidly. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Klamm said:

A flying ghost ship would rule, it would be great to get to the point where you have speciality flying naval combat game. Kharadron Overlords, Nighaunt, Skaven and Grotbag Scuttlers duking it out in the skies.

On another note, I'm guessing this natfka post has been discussed already but this snippet really surprised me:

IDK the worst selling army? I'd have bet anything it would be Fyreslayers, I always assumed Deepkin sold solidly. 

That "rumour" has yet to have anything to prove it that didn't come from a prior reliable rumour - I wouldn't sweat about it too much

19 minutes ago, Klamm said:

I mean the original TG post had other really bold claims so I would take it with a lot of grain of salt, like the Copyright boycott was good thing because of toxic player removing themselves from the hobby. GW  working to fix the price situation for AuS, NZ, and Japan oversea prices, AT being discontinued in 2022, DoW video game coming back, 3D printing is a very small subsection of hobbyist that it does not pose a threat to GW, and the list goes on and on.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Klamm said:

I know I'm super biased, but I honestly can't imagine Fyreslayers as anything other than the least popular modern AoS army.

Edit:

If we look at this survey by @SirSalabean from early 2021 we can see Fyreslayers are very unpopular while Idoneth are middle of the pack popularity wise.

image.png.05fc2a126261c004b5792a8c0fb57c

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean they sell well, but it gives some basic idea of what might and might not.

If I look at some army specific fb groups Idoneth has 4.3k members, Slaves to Darkness 4.2k members, Sylvaneth 4.5k members, Kruelboyz 3.3k members, KO 4.6k members.

None of this is hard sales figures, but it doesn't seem to indicate any big issue with Idoneth popularity.

Edited by HollowHills
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I actually read the Harrowdeep article before seeing the rumor, so the ship made me immediately think of Umbraneth. But looks like that symbol is pretty firmly in the Nighthaunt line :"( 

1 hour ago, Klamm said:

40k it's actually Harlequins. They had a planned 2nd wave that's been indefinitely shelved because of poor sales from the initial stuff.

GSC have had two waves and look like they're getting at least one new model soon (with a new Codex and battlebox).

50 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

None of this is hard sales figures, but it doesn't seem to indicate any big issue with Idoneth popularity.

Maybe its not a popularity problem but a list building problem? The Idoneth players can correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the main IDK list just eels and that one leader for the longest? So after you end up buying those you dont really have a reason to buy more IDK.

On the other hand, Fyreslayers seem to have more variety on listbuilding meaning that FS players could spend more money on models knowing those could see some use. I dunno, maybe that would explain the allegedly poor sales?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Maybe its not a popularity problem but a list building problem? The Idoneth players can correct me if Im wrong but wasnt the main IDK list just eels and that one leader for the longest? So after you end up buying those you dont really have a reason to buy more IDK.

Yeah this is true, but that 2k list probably cost about the same as any 2k list for Idoneth money wise. 

To be honest I hope they don't change too much with the warscrolls as Idoneth are quite well balanced at the moment. 

I'd like to see Morrsarr go down in cost a bit. I think 170 is probably fair in the current edition. 195 makes them hard to justify.