The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

The age of Chaos Dwarves is over. The time of Vampirates has come…. Again.

image.jpeg.9a757a5b7671d75f73ae89f9ac62c191.jpeg

I think this is a Death model. I'm going to go with Nighthaunt on this one because of the swirly decoration. That design element does not show up at all in OBR or FEC, and it's only found on Vyrkos models in G-Lords. This does not look like a wolfy thing, though. It does however look like a ghost ship, which makes perfect sense for Nighthaunt.

• Like 1

Anyone remember Firestorm? Were orruks could burn terrain to scraps and we could play as Vampirates!? Maybe the first miniature from Varkos Varactyr army?!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/21/the-armies-of-firestorm-the-wraith-fleet-sep21gw-homepage-post-4/

The Wraith Fleet is here to plunder the seas!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

Just now, Maogrim said:

Sounds too specific. And Shyish as a setting doesn't seem to be on the menu for the time being, neither for the maik story nor for Underworlds.

Well, rumor engines can be spoiling things that will only appear in couple of years tbh. I could see we exploring Shyish and Ghyran in a couple of years to learn the consequences of the "lifequake".

But yeah, its probably too specific. I think thats just me wishing for a Land Ship tbh

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

These old 4chan rumours are nonsense.

The next three tomes are almost certainly Maggotkin, Idoneth and Fyreslayers. 

Idoneth vs Fyreslayers with a foot hero for each in a battlebox.

What is the source on Maggotkin? Didn't hear any rumours on that and I'd be curious. 

12 minutes ago, JanGret said:

You can see the bones of a chest there.

Very likely just another Space Marine banner...

Very unlikely. Space marine's bones are usually human shaped and those dont look human shaped to me. Also there's wood, wich is not a very common space marine material, and that pattern on the metal part is also not common to space marines.

Tbh I dont think its a 40k rumor at all. Too lowtech I think.

2 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Well guesswork.

1) we know it's a chaos book.

2) Maggotkin is the oldest book.

3) When the aos app launched the Maggotkin section wasn't on there.

Thanks for explaining!

Although I have to say that this doesn't convince me. The oldest book never meant much to GW, in fact we have seen with Slaanesh and LRL that GW has no problems with providing new books to factions regardless of older publications. As for the AoS App I would assume it is rather just an issue with the App rather than a secret hint. Althrough I would be glad for Maggotkin players if it came true. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Thanks for explaining!

Although I have to say that this doesn't convince me. The oldest book never meant much to GW, in fact we have seen with Slaanesh and LRL that GW has no problems with providing new books to factions regardless of older publications. As for the AoS App I would assume it is rather just an issue with the App rather than a secret hint. Althrough I would be glad for Maggotkin players if it came true. 

I feel there is equal chance for Maggotkin or BoC at this point.  there certainly are reasonable possibilities of both amounting to:

Nurgle: doesn't need much in models, but needs a new book - so if it's a filler / small release it makes sense.

BoC: needs a major overhaul with the book, fits the "era of beasts" theme.

Both apparently have been left out of things recently.... what boggles my mind is the possibility that one of those is looking at another 6+ months for release.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Front of an OBR chariot ?

This or an Boat. When you look between the ribs you can clearly see some wood texture/wooden planks. In the upper right corner is a pease that looks like metal.

image.jpeg.png

Edited by Charleston
Updated image to a cleaner colorized version
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

It could be a boat, or it is more likely some chaos possessed thing ( since it's part of the giant 40k "rumor") 

The posessed they talk in the rumors are posessed space marines tho. They look nothin like this. Also Demon Engines (the posessed vehicles) dont look like this either. Pics for reference:

images (99).jpeg

images (100).jpeg

images - 2021-09-28T094946.781.jpeg

images - 2021-09-28T095002.549.jpeg

image.jpeg.png.4c803929b28d084666e45866f206d82e.png

Some more details spotted. Bottom part is the most interesting one: The cut of is artificial and cuts over the painted highlights. I assume that there will be either another part of the model or a part of an scenic base, which would mean that this is no floaty boaty. 

Also, the triskele seems oddly familiar. Wasn't this exact motif used on some models already? I mean, I know it is quite a common motif but still. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1