The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

*By which I mean everyone with a brain. Xenophobic nationalists just brushed past everything that was warned about and now proves true.

+Mod hat+ 

I understand Brexit is a very charged topic and it can be hard to not get political with it as it does have something to do with the current delays, but please stay away from disparaging remarks :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Kramig said:

What is happening exactly? 

it's something much much deeper than all of the above.

When the pandemic hit production in nearly all walks of life stopped, and so it did for raw materials as well. Plastics, metals, everything.

What everyone thought was that it was a blip of a few weeks, almost like a factory summer shutdown, not something that would run for over a year.

The byproduct of that is nobody stockpiled anything.

the byproduct of that is that suddenly demand for such things went through the roof - mainly due to production stopping but people finding that they had the time for activities and projects that otherwise would not have happened and in so doing the stock that was there was depleted overnight, whereas the companies themselves thought that demand would be low to non existent.

Leaving out brexit, haulage crisis etc, what you have is a situation where when the world, not just the Uk, but the world woke up, everyone wanted everything right now or yesterday at the same time.  It's like everyone on the planet switching on their lights at the same time - there's just not enough electricity to cope with the demand.

So it is with production of material goods.

That raw material asset wasn't being produced during lockdowns, so the reserves got depleted to nothing.  Now, that has meant that any forcasting or forward planning has gone out of the window as even had you got your chaos dwarf release made, there's no guarantee there's a single shipping container free till next year, where you were guaranteed a dozen every three months before.

look at the auto industry, perfect example, if it's not the materials to make the bodywork it's the materials needed to make the semiconductors in the control circuits on some of the electrical components.  That's why used cars that should be half the price of a warlord titan are selling for a king's ransom at the moment.

Then you top that off with the small detail of the logistics and distribution chain.  You have suppliers who cannot promise a lead time on an item because they themselves don't know if they can make it in the guaranteed promised timeframe. Currently we're working on things that should only take a month to get to us and we're being told realistically (safety margin) possibly march to June next year, go figure. 

Until everything evens itself out you've got another year if not two of this fun and games to look forward to not just in gaming but across all walks of life.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

it's something much much deeper than all of the above.

Until everything evens itself out you've got another year if not two of this fun and games to look forward to not just in gaming but across all walks of life.

I think you've pretty much nailed it there.

As much as somethings are getting back to normal after the pandemic, global supply chains and manufacturing took such a hit that it's going to take a long time to recover. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norray said:

Some hints for upcoming warbands for Underworlds

Hide contents

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
aelf warband (we know who is in ulgu)
they are the best yes yes
human band
no chorfs :(

Where did this come from!? A little dissapointed if true, though happy to see those Facrions finally get love.

My uncle work at Games Workshop and i know that Primaris Idoneth with tactical crabs are on the way

Excuse me, I didn't want to be mean 😂 but we have difficulties with the rumors without our usual sources, like the fake one we had with 4chan and often behind there is nothing but wind

Or Maybe you're the second account of a certain .. Whitefang 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Norray said:

Hide contents

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
human band

Interesting that the Pirate Warband and Human warbands are listed separately... I wonder if that means the pirates will be something other than human? Corsairs, Vampirates, Updated Plastic Maneater, Grotbag Scuttlers? There are so many possibilities including a motley assortment of pirates from the different realms/Grand Alliances.

Edited by Neverchosen

If true i hope the "pirate themed" are the grotbag as it should be destruction edition...

Chorfs not being there could be good news, as rumors would not have mistaken underworld "warband" as an army, so the rumor is talking at least for something that is not underworld (maybe warcry still).

But who knows.

Zombies are cool.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Norray said:

Reveal hidden contents

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
human band

I mean, grain of salt and everything, given that this is coming from a new poster who does not want to disclose their sources, but that honestly looks like a pretty believeable and cool list.

Zombies are the last untapped subfaction from Gravelords. It makes sense to bring them into underworlds, because we had OBR last season, Nighthaunt has like 4 warbands and FEC has no unit diversity. I could see a Necromancer and his zombie and beast minions. Or, if I dare dream, a Deadwalker queen.

Shadow Elves in Ulgu is honestly to be expected. I think a lot of people would call this one.

Pirates might make sense in the Harrowdeep setting. Could be privateers like Misthavn, but I think an out-of-left-field Destruction warband makes more sense.

Skaven are another army with lots of untapped subfactions for Underworlds, and they have a large presence in Ulgu, too. Let's hope for Clan Eshin.

Finally, Humans are being set up with the Dawnbringer Crusades fluff. I think the chances of this warband being a tie-in to the Dawnbringer release many suspect is seems like a real possibility.

Anyway, we will know soon enough whether this rumour is true after we see the first new warband other than Stormcast and Kruleboyz. Until then, it's at least a fun wish list :)

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Norray said:

Hide contents

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
human band

Despite the lack of chorfs (just got to patient I guess 😭) I feel h y p e d if true! I know someone who has been waiting for everything Malerion and she'll burst from excitement if she finally gets Ulgu aelves - and I don't say no to pirates or more CoS (hey, anyone more knowledgeable about lore - any specific Ulgu humans? Dawnbringer Crusaders perhaps?).

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's a pretty cool list. Eshin Skaven, shadow Aelves, and cities/ Dawnbreaker/ devoted of Sigmar are definitely in the running to get big range updates. It's interesting that there are only five warbands on that list. Is the last one just going to be a mega gargant foot?

last one is from faction that already have 2 warbands in Underworlds so I thought it will not be interesting to share 

Edited by Norray

8 hours ago, Norray said:

Hide contents

zombies
pirate themed warband 🍌
human band

So lets analyse this..

zombies  - Chaos Dwarfs with rotting corpse covered shields and puppeteer strings
pirate themed warband 🍌 - Chaos dwarf nautilus and aquatic crew
aelf warband (we know who is in ulgu) - We do, chaos dwarf infiltrators with tied back beards, potato wedges tied to their ears and with stilts and wearing a really long raincoat.
they are the best yes yes - Chaos dwarf covert assassins dragging fireworks on a bit of string behind them often mistaken as a tail.
human band - brets YAY
no chorfs :(  but hidden in plain sight.

Yup, I love it.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So lets analyse this..

zombies  - Chaos Dwarfs with rotting corpse covered shields and puppeteer strings
pirate themed warband 🍌 - Chaos dwarf nautilus and aquatic crew
aelf warband (we know who is in ulgu) - We do, chaos dwarf infiltrators with tied back beards, potato wedges tied to their ears and with stilts and wearing a really ling raincoat.
they are the best yes yes - Chaos dwarf covert assassins dragging fireworks on a bit of string behind them often mistaken as a tail.
human band - brets YAY
no chorfs :(  but hidden in plain sight.

Yup, I love it.

Ah, a fellow inhaler of c✴️pium. How TGA will shake in it's boots when we'll get more waves than Space Marines. 2020s will be the Chorf decade!!

• LOVE IT! 1