The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, edmc78 said:

So collected soupy rumours to date from here with a bit of supposition from me. 

1) The ‘Naughty Elves’ collective. IDK, DOK. Will this include tge rumored Shadow Elves / Daemons of ulugu? Wonder if the old fantasy dark elves from Cities are included? Lore wise this had been trailed and they are all awesome models…

2) ‘Increase the numbers of the Beast’ by merging BOC and STD probablywith a reduction of resin in both lines. 

3) ‘Dwarves ReUnited’. Khaderon and slayers. Again, will the old fantasy range be in the mix? They are great models after all. 

4) ‘Dawnbringer crusades’ the original soup with a spicy new mix. Cities of Sigmar reworked with a mostly human focus but ability to take allies from the others. I would love more kits but wonder if we get upgrade spruces, heads and weapons etc. 

I could see all of thosw happening except for the last one really. In the book Dominion there are very clear crusade dispossessed and those are the big deal. Iirc one of the characters even says that if you wanted to get stuff on the new city fort you had to flatter that "one dwarf in command" since he was the one in charge of making the fort. Its been a while since I've heard the audiobook tho so Im missing some details but the crusades are not just humans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Locally, everyone who wanted the army only wanted eels and sharks etc. they spread out the release and people got sick of waiting and moved on to something else. 99% of the players I’ve seen with them have been hyper competitive tournament players

True about the competitive idoneth players.. the two i know are not even aware of the lore of their faction and AoS in general

I absolutely love Idoneth and even bought the battleforce but I was weirdly intimidated by painting and particularly basing the models. IDK, Nighthaunt and Lumineth all are amazing but make use of the new thin plastic connection points that GW is so fond of in their models and I know they will break the second I breathe on them. 

As for rumours the thought that the new Warcry campaign will drop sooner rather than later has me excited. I feel like with all the collected lore info Spiderfang Grots seem inevitable but I am still a fan of AOS inspired Venomcrawler with Chorf handlers/crew so I will likely be happy no matter the case. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Boltboyz would be nice too.

Of course.

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I absolutely love Idoneth and even bought the battleforce but I was weirdly intimidated by painting and particularly basing the models. IDK, Nighthaunt and Lumineth all are amazing but make use of the new thin plastic connection points that GW is so fond of in their models and I know they will break the second I breathe on them. 

As for rumours the thought that the new Warcry campaign will drop sooner rather than later has me excited. I feel like with all the collected lore info Spiderfang Grots seem inevitable but I am still a fan of AOS inspired Venomcrawler with Chorf handlers/crew so I will likely be happy no matter the case. 

If we do get the new Warcry Season next month I'll be very pleased as since 3.0, AOS hasnt really done much. Basically since June we've been in a stand still, especially narratively wise as the Dawnbringer Crusades begin but we havent seen them in action. 

I also hope it's a core box with a new Season and Warbands and not just a new Campaign book with a new Warband.

• Like 2

I see Idoneth pretty regularly across numerous shops and LFGS' both casually and at tournaments'. They're popular modelling projects too. I don't know if I'd call them unpopular from my questionable experience.

Remember that Idoneth launched in that really weird period between 1.0's launch being a complete and total dub, to when the General's Handbook was causing it to gain momentum. I wouldn't say it was really until Kharadrons - who came after Idoneth - that things started, excuse the pun, taking off, which might've contributed to the "Idoneth were a flop" feeling that was more a result of AoS itself being a wet fish at the time than Idoneth specifically... man, I'm all about the unintentional puns in this post.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 4

It's by no means a fullproof method but I checked the number of Instagram hashtags for each of the factions. The bottom three were Kruleboyz, Sons of Behamat and Beasts of Chaos. Stormcast were comfortably number one, well ahead of Skaven in second and that's probably because of the old world connection. Idoneth Deepkin had more than Lumineth or Daughters of Khaine. 

Obviously the newer factions are going to have fewer posts but it does suggest that not many people are painting beasts of Chaos. Even a sub faction like Bonesplitterz had twice as many posts as BoC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I see Idoneth pretty regularly across numerous shops and LFGS' both casually and at tournaments'. They're popular modelling projects too. I don't know if I'd call them unpopular from my questionable experience.

Remember that Idoneth launched in that really weird period between 1.0's launch being a complete and total dub, to when the General's Handbook was causing it to gain momentum. I wouldn't say it was really until Kharadrons - who came after Idoneth - that things started, excuse the pun, taking off, which might've contributed to the "Idoneth were a flop" feeling that was more a result of AoS itself being a wet fish at the time than Idoneth specifically... man, I'm all about the unintentional puns in this post.

Idoneth came out almost exactly a year AFTER kharadron, and were the last tome before Soul Wars and 2.0. Right after they came out was a large explosion of popularity with AoS. I remember it well, I started playing at that time with Idoneth as the army that got me into AoS!

Edited by chosen_of_khaine
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Marcvs said:

From the very limited perspective of my small club, I think fyreslayers still benefits from the dwarven nostalgia, whereas idoneth do not feel elvish enough for that

Oho, quite the opposite in our circles, the old Dwarf players HATE the Fyreslayers, they are a poor slayer knock off that appeals to basically none of the same things as the old dwarf armies, usually i am very anti wishing someone elses toys would go away but the Fyreslayers are the exception :(

Idoneth are a very cool concept, i dont like their infantry sculpts very much though, which has put me off collecting them, but everything mounted is awesome.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Marcvs said:

From the very limited perspective of my small club, I think fyreslayers still benefits from the dwarven nostalgia, whereas idoneth do not feel elvish enough for that

I like fyreslayers in concept, but their sculpts are awful. Neutral faces under the beards, many have static poses and they have even less visual distinction than their few sets indicate.

At a flgs, they were rock bottom in sales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

It's by no means a fullproof method but I checked the number of Instagram hashtags for each of the factions. The bottom three were Kruleboyz, Sons of Behamat and Beasts of Chaos. Stormcast were comfortably number one, well ahead of Skaven in second and that's probably because of the old world connection. Idoneth Deepkin had more than Lumineth or Daughters of Khaine. 

Obviously the newer factions are going to have fewer posts but it does suggest that not many people are painting beasts of Chaos. Even a sub faction like Bonesplitterz had twice as many posts as BoC.

Generally factions with new models or a book are going to have more people painting them even if just a one off to try it out or something. I'd say that skaven being second place surprises me but I suspect if you look at the posts you'd find much less models than uh.... Character art to be generous.

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I absolutely love Idoneth and even bought the battleforce but I was weirdly intimidated by painting and particularly basing the models.

If money is not too tight, maybe consider these bases if you ever get around to starting IDK:

image.png.a4d9054df05eb8141c40723b62232b6d.png.

https://shop.microartstudio.com/en/274-deep-water

They definitely make me want to start a fish elf army everytime I see them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

We can speculate and talk anecdotally but without the actual sale figures we'll never know where the deepkin sit in terms of sales. 

I don't know if the studio still works this way but it used to be they would work to a 5 year plan. 

So when soul wars was released, they knew it would end with broken realms and lead into the era of the beast. Thats not to say they would have all the details but a time frame of what is being released. 

We are coming up on 5 years since deepkin and Kharadron were released so will be interesting to see what they have in store for them. I'll love to add more deepkin and KO to my armies. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Ain't that the truth. My doombull of khorne is still like the 3rd thing that pops up if you google image "Brass despoilers". Which I mean cool for me I guess but not for my beasts lol.

1 minute ago, novakai said:

Only Aeronautica stuff, but next week they will reveal a killer model (Guessig is Grimaldus) and more info on the harrowdeep boxset (hopefully true this time)

Yes I do hope that Underworlds is actually Previewed in some capacity.

Fingers crossed the model Previews are for Underworlds as well as the closer look at the Factions.

• Like 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Yes I do hope that Underworlds is actually Previewed in some capacity.

Fingers crossed the model Previews are for Underworlds as well as the closer look at the Factions.

Well they already preview the whole set already and both warband have been fully reveal. I don’t think they are going to reveal more before the box is fully release to the public. It probably either the last Black Templar models that have not been reveal, or maybe they will start revealing Red Harvest

I've moved beyond blaming GW as I hear more and more shipping woes for everyone, but I'm still going to disparage their awful communication skills. A roadmap would do wonders right now for consumer goodwill. Like stormcast dragons interest me because they're dragons, but I'm not buying anything until I know what the chaos battletome is going to be so just leaving money on the table there. It makes even less sense because they're currently putting (ostensibly) a fourth of their customers into a holding pattern when if they revealed what the chaos tome is going to be it would only be one factions customers dissuaded from making purchases in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I've moved beyond blaming GW as I hear more and more shipping woes for everyone, but I'm still going to disparage their awful communication skills. A roadmap would do wonders right now for consumer goodwill. Like stormcast dragons interest me because they're dragons, but I'm not buying anything until I know what the chaos battletome is going to be so just leaving money on the table there. It makes even less sense because they're currently putting (ostensibly) a fourth of their customers into a holding pattern when if they revealed what the chaos tome is going to be it would only be one factions customers dissuaded from making purchases in the meantime.

Agreed, a roadmap for everything GW produces would be amazing right now, especially since they're apparently not doing any more previews atm. AOS and anything related to Fantasy, barring Total War and The Old World, seems to be getting the shaft for now, while 40k is getting another space marine army(albeit a rather badass one), and has a ,so far, accurate unofficial roadmap in the form of that one rumor post. For now I propose we all focus on finishing our current armies and posting nonsensical rumors about Chaos Dwarfs until we know what chaos is getting this October. 

• Like 3

Just now, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Agreed, a roadmap for everything GW produces would be amazing right now, especially since they're apparently not doing any more previews atm. AOS and anything related to Fantasy, barring Total War and The Old World, seems to be getting the shaft for now, while 40k is getting another space marine army(albeit a rather badass one), and has a ,so far, accurate unofficial roadmap in the form of that one rumor post. For now I propose we all focus on finishing our current armies and posting nonsensical rumors about Chaos Dwarfs until we know what chaos is getting this October. 

Yes, just months being laid out would be great for battletomes and big game releases. 

I don't even need solid release dates because I know that can backfire.

Just tell me "we'll be releasing a chaos-death-order-destruction tome [in that order] and this is what they'll be!"

I don't care when it's coming but knowing WHATS coming can only help players plan out their projects but for whatever reason, GW insists on marketing as if their selling an impulse product when it's clearly a luxury hobby.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1