The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Back to rumours please. Nothing is deleted. All is good 😉

Does anybody know if there are any other big gaming conventions or events coming up? Just wondering if GW will be doing any more seminars between now and end of the year?

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

There is a rumour (with potato-photos) forma new Horus Heresy edition/box too.

I don't know if the Warhammer World tournaments count as events?

I've just checked the Warhammer World Event's page and they have a Horus Heresy tournament across the 9th/10th October. I don't know how tournements work, but it would make sense to link it any preview? That has to be a big release right? Big new plastic box, potential new ruleset, some accompanying FW upgrade kits, BL book, etc. Plenty to show off. 

The only AoS event is a matched play tournament for 16th/17th October. 

In 2020, there was a new year event at Warhammer World that had a load of stuff being shown off for AoS, Warcry, WHU (and 40k):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/04/reveals-from-the-new-year-open-day-2020gw-homepage-post-1/

I guess they don't want to plan for anything at that point, as they don't know how the UK Winter is impacted by Covid.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:07 AM, CommissarRotke said:

I don't think we can call this "reversing" AOS.

When I said reversing I meant things aren't fractured into a faction that has like,.. a sword master hero and swordmaster unit.  So we don't look at Warherd as a faction but a sub-faction within a faction.

Edited by Popisdead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

They also haven’t done a preview show since the Warhammer+ Preview show in July? I believe.

also we are assuming it’s Nurgle as that the one that make sense in our head but it can be any chaos army atm.

It's sad to say that I think the Online Previews are done for now while we can do Live Events. 

It means they're definitely going to be more infrequent but hopefully more will be shown off? GeoCon wasnt a good example of this to be fair. 

• Sad 1

Usually in the fall before Covid , they are bit light on events after NOVA outside some Warhammer weekender events for each of their system but the one for AoS is usually in May and the 40K is in November I believe.

There was a big preview show when blood and glory happen which you know is related to person who runs this forum.

after that is basically the Christmas preview, new year preview and LVO at beginning of next year

Edited by novakai

58 minutes ago, novakai said:

Usually in the fall before Covid , they are bit light on events after NOVA outside some Warhammer weekender events for each of their system but the one for AoS is usually in May and the 40K is in November I believe.

There was a big preview show when blood and glory happen which you know is related to person who runs this forum.

after that is basically the Christmas preview, new year preview and LVO at beginning of next year

So we may have a 40K Preview in November but other than that possibly nothing until Christmas.

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So we may have a 40K Preview in November but other than that possibly nothing until Christmas.

Probably yes outside of preview shows or a random Conventions that I don’t remember.

blood and glory was cancelled last year in October and there is no word about it returning this year so I am assuming their won’t be a reveal event for it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

Do those warbands then become unplayable in the next iteration? I'm unfamiliar with Underworld but interested in getting into it.

I only buy the models to paint so I am not sure, but I think any "phased out" warbands are still legal. Their personal cards are fine, but I think the universal cards are removed?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SunStorm said:

I don't know if the Warhammer World tournaments count as events?

They do and sometimes they show things off but I think they prefer to leave them as just events. Means the evening entertainment is a quiz and chatting to other players! 

I've just checked the Warhammer World Event's page and they have a Horus Heresy tournament across the 9th/10th October. I don't know how tournements work, but it would make sense to link it any preview? That has to be a big release right? Big new plastic box, potential new ruleset, some accompanying FW upgrade kits, BL book, etc. Plenty to show off. 

It’s possible they may tease something but I’m not expecting anything Heresy related apart from what they’ve announced already. I think they just want to focus on people having fun after not being able to play for such a long time!

I guess they don't want to plan for anything at that point, as they don't know how the UK Winter is impacted by Covid.

Also doesn’t help we could have issues around food and energy but that’s going to turn political and I must stop now! 

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Quick question while we are lacking any rumours anyway. I own Mollogs Mob and Rippas Snarlfangs, can i play those straight out of the box with the basic starter set? Or would i miss some of the rules/tokens/dice? Still hyped for Harrowdeep, give me a spiderfang warband please.

Yes you can but I’m not too sure if they have been cycled out if you plan to play competitively. Ask the question on the Underworlds part of the forum!

Anyway, back to rumours…

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

Much hype for Deepkin Wave 2.  Really hoping for some new units and invocations or endless spells although endless spells don’t really make sense for IDK.  Magic is not our strong suit. 

It ought to be more present than it is, though...an entire caste of Idoneth is dedicated to magic. Soulrenders and Soulscryers should be wizards as well, IMO.

Idoneth endless spells have got to be the easiest for them to design though, there are TONS of options for spectral sea life. Urchins that slow movement, schools of tiny fish that obscure, a sharknado...the possibilities are endless (pun intended)

Edited by chosen_of_khaine

3 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

It ought to be more present than it is, though...an entire caste of Idoneth is dedicated to magic. Soulrenders and Soulscryers should be wizards as well, IMO.

Idoneth endless spells have got to be the easiest for them to design though, there are TONS of options for spectral sea life. Urchins that slow movement, schools of tiny fish that obscure, a sharknado...the possibilities are endless (pun intended)

100% agree that magic could be a big feature of the army, however since the battletome came out the IDK hero phase in non-existent. I’m hoping that changes in a new book. 

• Like 1