The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think someone mention an IDK versus Maggotkin box but he responded saying choose your enemy. I guess IDK is in the box but it’s versus something Fire.

It be pretty unprecedented if it was Fyreslayer since they generally don’t put two army from the same GA but they are the army that is fire. Could also be Khorne 

It could be a new plastic Firebelly leading an army of Leadbelchers and a Scrap Launcher. I associate Tzeentch with (magical)fire the most of any chaos faction so it could be a box featuring flamers. It could also be Slaves to Darkness with an emphasis on Cultists featuring Scions of the Flame. Also I do not know death armies well enough but isn't one of the OBR subfactions fire/flame themed?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It could be a new plastic Firebelly leading an army of Leadbelchers and a Scrap Launcher. I associate Tzeentch with (magical)fire the most of any chaos faction so it could be a box featuring flamers. It could also be Slaves to Darkness with an emphasis on Cultists featuring Scions of the Flame. Also I do not know death armies well enough but isn't one of the OBR subfactions fire/flame themed?

A plastic Firebelly would be amazing, especially if it lead to a whole new subsection of Ogor. The Crematorians are the OBR subsection who basically turn into what certain people in the south think all muslims are.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

2021-06-08.jpg
I feel like these are related... my guess is that they will be related to a new Warcry aesthetic. Maybe Furnace Kings places runes on the dead?

Im pretty sure the second rumor is just black templars. Just look at the Marshal from the box. I might be wrong tho but considering that the new BT have the same skeleton decoration and they also have candles, Im pretty sure this is either the new Grimaldus mini or the new ancient mini from the leak

ooNaT4jkY2FLVgzR.jpg

images (93).jpeg

Screenshot_20210921-140615_Chrome~2.jpg

oHhNtNcyGJg50KQH (1).jpg

Edited by Higolx
Edit to add some pictures with candles
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I was sure Idoneth would get a 2nd edition tome, a hero on foot and some endless spells which never came to pass. 

Some may remember my famous "Idoneth endless spells" comment 😳.

So I'm choosing to believe the image is actually lava going into a river, not the sea, and of course heralds the inevitable arrival of phase 3 Lumineth Realm Lords! 

They are not consistent on who get Endless spell too which kind of suck, warclans and soulblight didn’t get any, so it not even a sure thing that your army will get one later down the line

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Here's the whole map:

jvo1y7t2igu51.jpg

Working on the assumption that those icons correspond to a new wave of warbands, let's speculate a bit. I'll be identifying the symbols by nearby locations, but I don't think that means the location names are connected to them necessarily:

Ashcrawler pits: Scorpion dudes

The Thrall Hives: A chain, could be anything. Given the name, something slavery-related? Probably not Nighthaunt, even though they have lots of chains around.

Upper Forgefloors: Looks like a Stormcast anvil icon.

Hear of the Maw: A chaos star with a swirl. No idea, really. Tzeentch?

Lair of Etaurax: That's a statue of Hashut if I ever saw one. Chorfs confirmed! Well, or Beasts of Chaos, I suppose.

Slaver's Gate: A (blood?) drop and two halberds. Soulblight? Maybe dark elves?

Below Slaver's Gate: Draconic looking halberd or staff with a drop next to it. Could be Blood Dragons or dark elves, too, honestly.

Gnaw-Tunnels: Skaven, obvs.

Khazar's Wroth: A skull and two polearms. TOMB KINGS CONFIRMED. THEY WERE IN THE CATACOMBS ALL ALONG!

I'm so excited about all the possibilities!! 

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Ashcrawlers is just a wonderful combination of words. Seriously, anything called "Ashcrawlers" in fantasy/sc-fi just brings out images of many legged lava monsters and I love it.

Scorpions are honestly my favorite arachnid (besides the jumping spider), they run on the simple philosophy of "Don't mess with me and I won't sting you" and scorpion gods in fiction tend to do the same. 

100% mate. I'm Arachnophobic but have 0 problems with Scorpions for some reason. Probably for the reasons you described. I'd love a monstrous Chaotic Scorpion with 4 pincers, 2 tails and 20 legs!!

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I think someone mention an IDK versus Maggotkin box but he responded saying choose your enemy. I guess IDK is in the box but it’s versus something Fire.

It be pretty unprecedented if it was Fyreslayer since they generally don’t put two army from the same GA but they are the army that is fire. Could also be Khorne 

FIREBELLY GANG RISE UP!!

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

A plastic Firebelly would be amazing, especially if it lead to a whole new subsection of Ogor. 

A new plastic Firebelly with updated Gluttons or even better, Fire themed Gluttons would be ****** incredible. My expectations have been raised!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

100% mate. I'm Arachnophobic but have 0 problems with Scorpions for some reason. Probably for the reasons you described. I'd love a monstrous Chaotic Scorpion with 4 pincers, 2 tails and 20 legs!!

My only concern is what would this proposed Chaos Scorpion God be the deity of? We already have two different gods of poison (Spider God and Nagendra of the Splintered Fang), maybe it's a corrupted death god who kills grave robbers whose followers hate anything related to Nagash (especially OBR for obvious reasons).

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My only concern is what would this proposed Chaos Scorpion God be the deity of? We already have two different gods of poison (Spider God and Nagendra of the Splintered Fang), maybe it's a corrupted death god who kills grave robbers whose followers hate anything related to Nagash (especially OBR for obvious reasons).

Could just be a native species thats been mutated by Varanite. We've yet to see it depicted on a model thus far.

I don’t think it’s a scorpion they specifically said spider in the trailer. GW don’t generally misdirect people that much into something different even if scorpions are technically archanids. If it is a new box for Warcry I would assume it be what ever this spider force versus the Archeon chaos force that guarding the furnace 

Edit: also scorpions have 6 legs and two pinchers but they specifically said eight legs in the trailer as well as mentioning cobwebs and wall crawling which is unique spiders

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I was sure Idoneth would get a 2nd edition tome, a hero on foot and some endless spells which never came to pass. 

Some may remember my famous "Idoneth endless spells" comment 😳.

So I'm choosing to believe the image is actually lava going into a river, not the sea, and of course heralds the inevitable arrival of phase 3 Lumineth Realm Lords! 

I'm ready! I already bought three Lumineth battletomes (first one, the 2nd one and a digital one since it took 8 weeks to get my own order from the UK) and the br: Teclis book. 

All we need is Tyrion...

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

I don’t think it’s a scorpion they specifically said spider in the trailer. GW don’t generally misdirect people that much into something different even if scorpions are technically archanids. If it is a new box for Warcry I would assume it be what ever this spider force versus the Archeon chaos force that guarding the furnace 

Edit: also scorpions have 6 legs and two pinchers but they specifically said eight legs in the trailer as well as mentioning cobwebs and wall crawling which is unique spiders

I don’t think it’s scorpion related either, but scorpions actually have 8 legs and 2 pincers (which are evolved pedipalps, which spiders also have but they just look like small legs near a spiders mouth). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I don’t think it’s scorpion related either, but scorpions actually have 8 legs and 2 pincers (which are evolved pedipalps, which spiders also have but they just look like small legs near a spiders mouth). 

Oh yeah it that set of leg underneath the pinchers

16 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Depends 

CFEB9295-284E-413E-8DEF-A18D4D4D1504.jpeg

If it is Fyreslayers vs Deepkin that would be cool. They have had a couple of run ins as part of the lore and both are (relatively) small ranges compared to many factions.

That said, I would be a little surprised as I thought we were heading towards the united dwarf book with new models.

9 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

If it is Fyreslayers vs Deepkin that would be cool. They have had a couple of run ins as part of the lore and both are (relatively) small ranges compared to many factions.

That said, I would be a little surprised as I thought we were heading towards the united dwarf book with new models.

I mean pretty sure the United dwarf book is people just wishlisting but I don’t believe there was anything that suggest that GW was going into that direction. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

They are not consistent on who get Endless spell too which kind of suck, warclans and soulblight didn’t get any, so it not even a sure thing that your army will get one later down the line

Pretty sure ES are done in that sense, they were marketed as being part of the Necroquake fallout, which Teclis has since sorted out. I think that was sort of short hand for "less random magic now".

Also they were marketed initially as "cinematic representations" at the start of AOS 2.0 and I think envisioned as the next big thing by GW. But clearly it hasn't had the take up they were expecting. 

Edited by Nos