The Rumour Thread

I'm actually getting major Shadow Aelf vibes from the latest rumour engine... the way the shadow creeps around the gravestone like a hand seems like something right outta someone hailing from Ulgu to me. We do see a boot up there, maybe that is similar to something like the Khainite guys (too lazy to check).

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I'm actually getting major Shadow Aelf vibes from the latest rumour engine... the way the shadow creeps around the gravestone like a hand seems like something right outta someone hailing from Ulgu to me. We do see a boot up there, maybe that is similar to something like the Khainite guys (too lazy to check).

It's a tree, not a shadow.

7 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Sorry @MitGas, the age of the multiple elf release is over, that is clearly a Chaos Dwarf!

All jokes aside I don’t actually think it’s either faction, odds are it’s something death or sylvaneth related. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

My first thought as well! Will I be able to pull off a fire and ice theme for my Ogors... I am going with snowy bases and I am thinking I might have a ring of snow around any fire bellies and scorched earth around the model... 🤔

Also I am still nailing down a colour scheme for my ogors and was thinking of going with a snowy blue so maybe if I add Firebellies I will give them a fiery look. Elemental Animistic Ogors that combat the forces of heaven and hell fighting over the lands wrecking destruction... My Ogors live in harmony with the frozen lands an unusual trait for all consuming Ogors.

So in other words we see what we want too and I am hyped for what I want.

The burnt ring of snow is such a perfect idea mate I love it!! 

Your Ogor force sounds incredible mate, I love people such as yourself who put extra thought and background into their army.

I fully understand what you mean mate, I'm hoping that between this Season of Underworlds and Warcry that we get at least one Ogor Warband in some form or another!!*

*Alongside a range update please.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Sorry @MitGas, the age of the multiple elf release is over, that is clearly a Chaos Dwarf!

All jokes aside I don’t actually think it’s either faction, odds are it’s something death or sylvaneth related. 

Sorry? I'm sick of the plague of aelves! GW can make lots of them, I'm sure especially Lumineth need more, but after some other factions got anything that really need a single bone thrown in their direction.

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The burnt ring of snow is such a perfect idea mate I love it!! 

Your Ogor force sounds incredible mate, I love people such as yourself who put extra thought and background into their army.

I fully understand what you mean mate, I'm hoping that between this Season of Underworlds and Warcry that we get at least one Ogor Warband in some form or another!!*

*Alongside a range update please.

Hahaha, if only I put as much effort into actually building and painting my models as I do developing a backstory for them. Choosing a location to set my narrative (not a mortal realm, but a cold mountainous region) really helped me develop a history for my armies. I also left the narrative open just enough to have room for possible expansions for my armies or the addition of a death army completing the 4 grand alliances. 

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

A merging of Idoneth and fyreslayers!

Idoneth Fyrekin!

I have argued time and time again that I felt these two armies should have been Duardin and Aelven destruction forces with an emphasis on the martial side of Destruction, rather than simply smashing and bashing. Grimnir would have made a fantastic God of War to lead the more civilized forces of destruction and rival to GorkaMorka. Meanwhile the Idoneth being a godless people that steal souls in the night would bring forward the idea of destruction on a more metaphysical level. But alas the narrative went in a different direction but the introduction of Kragnos promises more animistic gods of destrution that might be far more interesting then the heroes of the old world with fancy new models. I particularly love the idea that the Destruction Gods will be based around different disasters like Kragnos' with Earthquakes. A God of Flood, Drought, Tempests, Blizzards and Tornados could all be interesting and varied options. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hahaha, if only I put as much effort into actually building and painting my models as I do developing a backstory for them. Choosing a location to set my narrative (not a mortal realm, but a cold mountainous region) really helped me develop a history for my armies. I also left the narrative open just enough to have room for possible expansions for my armies or the addition of a death army completing the 4 grand alliances. 

This, this right here @Neverchosen, speaks to my soul.

In unrelated rumors/news, Grand Cathay Lore!!! 
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-grand-cathay-lore/

And Now GW has joined the fun!!!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/21/read-the-official-background-for-total-war-warhammer-iiis-most-deadly-units/

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Copied from another site, pretty interesting thought:

"Honestly while a non reveal, there is a bit more to it... while the obvious first tought is Spiderfang goblins (wich I would like very much), I think they are excluded because of the chaos comes scuttling from below...

Which could possibly mean Ashcrawlers

image.png.703f33890e2b667f4e77e01eaa526411.png

And if Ashcrawlers are their own distinct warband, its very possible the other symbols indicate a new wave of unique warcry warbands.. and while its odd to start this late after the book they featured in, keep in mind that its quite possible that whats coming for warcry now was supposed to come much earlier."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

"Honestly while a non reveal, there is a bit more to it... while the obvious first tought is Spiderfang goblins (wich I would like very much), I think they are excluded because of the chaos comes scuttling from below...

And if Ashcrawlers are their own distinct warband, its very possible the other symbols indicate a new wave of unique warcry warbands.. and while its odd to start this late after the book they featured in, keep in mind that its quite possible that whats coming for warcry now was supposed to come much earlier."

Scorpions would be a much better choice!! They scuttle and sting and dont encroach on the Spiderfangs Arachnids!! I love this mate, cant believe I didnt see it before. 

I will say that I am one of those naive fools that believes we are getting Furnace Kings and that the spider will be part of the rules further integrating Monsters and Characters into Warcry's core rules. Personally I suspect that Chorfs will be a part of Slaves to Darkness incorporating some deamon engines into the line. I am imagining something very similar to a Venomcrawler with a 'crew' of handlers for the new Warcry book. Once again my hope is that it will also include some conflict with new unmounted Varanguard as a new alternative to Chosen.
Venomcrawler.jpg
I love this model and I have been thinking of including one as a Soulgrinder in my army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Here's the whole map:

jvo1y7t2igu51.jpg

Working on the assumption that those icons correspond to a new wave of warbands, let's speculate a bit. I'll be identifying the symbols by nearby locations, but I don't think that means the location names are connected to them necessarily:

Ashcrawler pits: Scorpion dudes

The Thrall Hives: A chain, could be anything. Given the name, something slavery-related? Probably not Nighthaunt, even though they have lots of chains around.

Upper Forgefloors: Looks like a Stormcast anvil icon.

Hear of the Maw: A chaos star with a swirl. No idea, really. Tzeentch?

Lair of Etaurax: That's a statue of Hashut if I ever saw one. Chorfs confirmed! Well, or Beasts of Chaos, I suppose.

Slaver's Gate: A (blood?) drop and two halberds. Soulblight? Maybe dark elves?

Below Slaver's Gate: Draconic looking halberd or staff with a drop next to it. Could be Blood Dragons or dark elves, too, honestly.

Gnaw-Tunnels: Skaven, obvs.

Khazar's Wroth: A skull and two polearms. TOMB KINGS CONFIRMED. THEY WERE IN THE CATACOMBS ALL ALONG!

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • LOVE IT! 2

28 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Ashcrawlers is just a wonderful combination of words. Seriously, anything called "Ashcrawlers" in fantasy/sc-fi just brings out images of many legged lava monsters and I love it.

14 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Scorpions would be a much better choice!! They scuttle and sting and dont encroach on the Spiderfangs Arachnids!! I love this mate, cant believe I didnt see it before. 

Scorpions are honestly my favorite arachnid (besides the jumping spider), they run on the simple philosophy of "Don't mess with me and I won't sting you" and scorpion gods in fiction tend to do the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I will say that I am one of those naive fools that believes we are getting Furnace Kings and that the spider will be part of the rules further integrating Monsters and Characters into Warcry's core rules. Personally I suspect that Chorfs will be a part of Slaves to Darkness incorporating some deamon engines into the line. I am imagining something very similar to a Venomcrawler with a 'crew' of handlers for the new Warcry book. Once again my hope is that it will also include some conflict with new unmounted Varanguard as a new alternative to Chosen.
Venomcrawler.jpg
I love this model and I have been thinking of including one as a Soulgrinder in my army.

I've had the head canon that Hashut is the one that runs the soul forges that make Soul-Grinders. It just fits the lore so well.

• Like 1

I think someone mention an IDK versus Maggotkin box but he responded saying choose your enemy. I guess IDK is in the box but it’s versus something Fire.

It be pretty unprecedented if it was Fyreslayer since they generally don’t put two army from the same GA but they are the army that is fire. Could also be Khorne 

• Like 1

I don't want to get my hopes up too much. I was sure Idoneth would get a 2nd edition tome, a hero on foot and some endless spells which never came to pass. 

Some may remember my famous "Idoneth endless spells" comment 😳.

So I'm choosing to believe the image is actually lava going into a river, not the sea, and of course heralds the inevitable arrival of phase 3 Lumineth Realm Lords! 

• Haha 4