The Rumour Thread

Not sure why people are mentioning chaos dwarves, unless I missed something they didn't feature in any of the article or teaser. 

So many exciting things could come from a spiderfang vs chaos box. 

Plastic spider big boss to replace the finecast one. 

Goblin hunters 

Goblin/spider mutants 

Plastic chosen on foot 

More iron golems 

Varaguard on foot

So looking forward to it!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Not sure why people are mentioning chaos dwarves, unless I missed something they didn't feature in any of the article or teaser. 

So many exciting things could come from a spiderfang vs chaos box. 

Plastic spider big boss to replace the finecast one. 

Goblin hunters 

Goblin/spider mutants 

Plastic chosen on foot 

More iron golems 

Varaguard on foot

So looking forward to it!! 

Well I'd love to see those ! 

But people (including me) may think of Chaos Dwarfs because : 

• they exist in Warcry already.
  • they are mentioned in the existing lore ; notably they have bases and forges around the Varanspire - attacked by Katakros during Wrath of the Everchosen -  and under the crust of the Eightpoints. 
  • the lava pumping machines from the trailer looks very Chaos-dwary (to me at least).
  • (Spider) Grots (if any) and (Chaos) Dwarfs / Duardin are traditional ennemies.
  • they get increasingly mentioned in the new lore too (Warclans tome). 
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well I'd love to see those ! 

But people (including me) may think of Chaos Dwarfs because : 

• they exist in Warcry already.
  • they are mentioned in the existing lore ; notably they have bases and forges around the Varanspire - attacked by Katakros during Wrath of the Everchosen -  and under the crust of the Eightpoints. 
  • the lava pumping machines from the trailer looks very Chaos-dwary (to me at least).
  • (Spider) Grots (if any) and (Chaos) Dwarfs / Duardin are traditional ennemies.
  • they get increasingly mentioned in the new lore too (Warclans tome). 

I get all that but the trailer teased nothing hinting at chaos dwarves. The setting seems to be the capital of the iron golems. 

25 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

From what I've learned about the TGA community, people here will always bring up Chaos Dwarves.

One day GW will put up a trailer featuring the howling of wolves and a narrator speaking about how the silvery light of the moon reveals portents of a bloody hunt... and people will connect it to Chaos Dwarves.

And when every single shred of possibility that it has to do with Chaos Dwarves has been eliminated...only then will they start moaning about how much they would have prefered Chaos Dwarves instead.

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Chaos Dwarves are the new Vampirates.

When we finally do get them, I have every confidence that this fine community will find some other far-fetched faction to obsess over (though Chaos Dwarves are actually looking quite probable at the moment.)

Wheeling back into the rumor lane . . .

The spider motif is an interesting one for Warcry. I think the most obvious connection are Spiderfang Goblins, but if not that, what else in AoS has strong ties to spiders?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I get all that but the trailer teased nothing hinting at chaos dwarves. The setting seems to be the capital of the iron golems. 

No, the Iron Golem capital is in Chamon. The narrator clearly speaks about the Eightpoints and being under the Varanspire. Where we know chaos dwarfs have forges. 

So forge devices appearing in the trailer + my list of hints =... Well, just that Chaos Dwarfs may be part of the set (the other sides being spider things). But of course it's just interpretation from a meager teaser.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

No, the Iron Golem capital is in Chamon. The narrator clearly speaks about the Eightpoints and being under the Varanspire. Where we know chaos dwarfs have forges. 

So forge devices appearing in the trailer + my list of hints =... Well, just that Chaos Dwarfs may be part of the set (the other sides being spider things). But of course it's just interpretation from a meager teaser.

Ah, my mistake, the article mentioned Tharkar Zaal and I assumed that's where the new stuff was set, but just reread and realise it doesn't say that. 

Still not seeing chaos dwarves tho 😆

I would truly loved to be proved wrong tho. 

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

It has potential! Kind of a weird one because we have sort of two kinds of mutation here

• chaotic/warp-y mutation, giving us stuff like the grot scutterlings who arrive at their forms from living in the Silver Tower and being exposed to the energies of Tzeentch
  • 'normal' mutations for Spiderfang characters, like the shaman on the araknarok spider growing four eyes, which could be either from worshipping the Spider God or from the sheer amount of weird venoms they consume. Same for the Spiker, dude's got three eyes and like four legs from doing so many Cave Drugs

So what we might see is a blend of the two, where the particular hypothetical Warcry dudes are meant to be twisted because of the Varanite but then the same models wind up representing regular ol' greenskin mutants in AoS proper.

Spiderfang really could do with a plastic Scuttleboss though. It'd make them a full plastic range and resin/metal really is not set up for spindly multi-legged minis like that giant spider.

Absolutely. Maybe that rumour of GSG and BOC boxed set may have been semi correct but it was for Warcry and BOC could have been a more Bestial Warcry Warband? Or it's all coincidental since the other rumours from that post turned out false. Regardless it does have a very strong possibility of being Spiderfang related!!

I mean, i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but....

All the talk of a BoC vs Spiderfang box for AoS as a rumor awhile ago? 

Think maybe that's red harvest, and the warcry box?

Like with other things, be it actual spiderfang or chaos spiders, if someone saw it that would line up rumorwise, potentially?

9 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I mean, i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but....

All the talk of a BoC vs Spiderfang box for AoS as a rumor awhile ago? 

Think maybe that's red harvest, and the warcry box?

Like with other things, be it actual spiderfang or chaos spiders, if someone saw it that would line up rumorwise, potentially?

I was thinking the same thing, last time it was chaos vs order for a warcry box, chaos vs destruction would make sense this time, although i think there's a decent chance it would be an ogroid warband instead of a BoC one.

There's definitely a part of me that feels as though there will be more Chaos Dwarf presence but that its just going to be in the form of Dwarves who worship Chaos sprinkled throughout the Chaos ranges, as they already are with Warcry

The Chorf/Legion of Azwhatever archetype is fairly bland for the AOS setting. Quite a big gamble to invest resources into the reinvention of a range which was never popular. There's already a faction of Duardin obsessed with Industry and Black Powder. Bad Factory Dwarves And Also Bulls is not particularly appealing outside of nostalgia prison.

• Confused 1

they will at least have article for WHU: Harrowdeep this coming weeks though (nothing for Warcry though)

Finally, we’ve been bringing you jaw-dropping announcements from Gen Con all week, so you can expect lots of articles that dig deeper into Kill Team Chalnath, Warhammer Underworlds: Harrowdeep, the Underhive Outcasts, and Khorne’s gory gridiron gang in Blood Bowl. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maogrim said:

From what I've learned about the TGA community, people here will always bring up Chaos Dwarves.

One day GW will put up a trailer featuring the howling of wolves and a narrator speaking about how the silvery light of the moon reveals portents of a bloody hunt... and people will connect it to Chaos Dwarves.

And when every single shred of possibility that it has to do with Chaos Dwarves has been eliminated...only then will they start moaning about how much they would have prefered Chaos Dwarves instead.

I totally agree.

we have the blood rain, eight points, eight legs

i totally agree with you that we’re getting khorne mechanised spider golem riding chaos dwarfs.

im loving it.. keep em coming. 👍

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I feel that these “spiders” are going to be a bit of left field lore expanding. The way Kragnos came out of nowhere. 

I don’t know why but I keep watching these reveals and always come away a little bit negative that something “huge” hasn’t been revealed. I just think there’s so many ApS big characters missing, and so many Primarchs, Daemon Primarchs and Xenos special character that I wonder what exactly they’re waiting for? 

• Like 2

So the rest of the Stormcast releases and potentially the Dragons will go up for Pre Order on the 2nd for release on the 9th of October. Meaning the October Chaos Battletome is definitely a November release.

November for the Chaos release could mean a December release for Underworlds like last year.