The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

this might be where we can see the reveal(s)? https://www.twitch.tv/gencontv

either on that channel or on this channel: https://www.twitch.tv/genconmainstage

Those are the 2 channels I could find on their website

Edit: there's a cardboard space marine on the gencon main stage channel so that might be the one we are looking for?

Edited by Higolx
  • Like 1

I like when the Idoneth are seen as a nameless horror from the depths. Like in the Sea Taketh story, to the humans it's like a nightmare they could never imagine that comes out of nowhere. Their local sea festival is tied to the Idoneth harvesting them, but they have no idea.

Then the Idoneth launch a whole raid on the KO to get one treasure back, no one knows why it means so much to them but they don't forget or forgive. 

Meanwhile The Court of the Blind King makes them seem totally dull dark elves that happen to live with Nemo.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The big 40k rumour list was 100% accurate again. It’s a shame there wasn’t any AoS stuff in there. They mentioned one more preview and a tease. So either Warcry or Necromunda is just a tease. 

Edit. New Necromunda gang and a Warcry teaser in half an hour, still set in the eight points.2E9AFEB4-A3FC-4186-8116-A43E46977925.png.4e237e62578cef3e9382e3c5f207e077.png

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

article tibits

Warcry GenCon Sep18 Title

for our final tease from the event, we’ve got whispers straight from the war-torn wastes of the Eightpoints, where things are heating up like the furnaces of Tharkar Zaal* itself. 

Now, there are rumblings of a new struggle beneath the Varanspire, and mysterious creatures have delivered us a morsel.

An itsy-bitsy ditty echoes from the caverns – many fangs** to the Varanspire Octaves for singing us that.

What does this mean for Warcry? Well, we’d love to tell you everything, but we’re in a bit of a bind. 

There’s a name though – Red Harvest. And it already has us itching to find out more.

We’ll leave it up to you to weave together the clues. All we can say is this – make sure your warbands clear the cobwebs off their weapons and armour, because they’re in for the fight of their lives.

• Like 1

What's going on with the pumpjacks in the video?

No seriously, I live by and watch the real life things all the time. Why is the entire wellhead moving up and down with the polish rod? Where's the ground lines to transport the production? If there's an abundance of production, why haven't we moved to ESPs? Is this a BP operation? Those people ****** up everything.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

Sounds like they are releasing chaos spiders and giving spiderfang the middle finger (sorry for the sudden negativity, I think that I´m still recovering from the fact that they gave a better venom rule for the kruleboyz) 

Eh, I'm pretty sure it's just Spiderfang. There's a tidbit in the new Warclans book that mentions Gordrak invading 8 points with a horde of Spiderfang at his back, seems to be an obvious teaser for this upcoming box.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I would totally love a Warcry expansion centered in the chaos warbands at the style of necromunda, that would be nuts! 

edit: In that case, let´s see a chaos dwarf vs spiderfang! I´m in for the hype! If everyone wants the chorfs there will be a lot of nice spare spooders waiting for love!

Edited by Jymmy

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

Eh, I'm pretty sure it's just Spiderfang. There's a tidbit in the new Warclans book that mentions Gordrak invading 8 points with a horde of Spiderfang at his back, seems to be an obvious teaser for this upcoming box.

i think there was an old AoS lore excerpt about Spiderfang infesting a part of the eightpoint and Archeon having problem exterminating them because of their sheer numbers

they also mention fangs in the article 

54 minutes ago, novakai said:

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

sounds like Spiderfang versus Chaos dwarf/ upgraded Iron golem warband be my guess

29 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

Sounds like they are releasing chaos spiders and giving spiderfang the middle finger (sorry for the sudden negativity, I think that I´m still recovering from the fact that they gave a better venom rule for the kruleboyz) 

Rant time!

Okay, what we know from this video is that we have the beloved 8 legged monsters coming to the varanspire. The so called “Red Harvest” seems to be set underground, in the various mines/forges that fuel Archaon’s wars. 

Now some people are pointing out that it seems like Spiderfang are getting shafted. However, in an relatively old White Dwarf article covering Spiderfang it’s mentioned that The Spider God is worshipped as The Scuttling Queen by assassins. 
In conclusion, it looks like we might be getting chaos spider bois vs Chorfs/Iron Golems.

i not sure if Chaos scuttles from bellow mean chaos spider exactly, sound like the Furnace which is underground is where the chaos is happening.

and Scuttles has been a common terminology that been use for Spiderfang grots/ Gloomspite gits

but then against they did say mysterious creatures but that could just be looks different from the current spiderfangs.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Blades of the Varanguard? Ooohh. The Spider Empire might be coming for revenge all the way back from the Age of Chaos.

image.jpeg.ad59984e6320d0975d49f71d1fb3ae25.jpeg

(2015 Everchosen Battletome)

beat me to it, I do think this means Destruction vs Chaos Warcry box. I think Warcry did extremely well & they listened to people wanting non-Chaos specific sets :)

• Thanks 1

I think it is going to be Chaos Dwarves vs Spiderfang!
Alternatively it will be a unmounted Varanguard vs Silent People!

Either way this is one happy clam.

Also Space Marines only different somehow and Necroumunda stuffs... I guess that is cool.

Is this the final reveals for Gencon? 

Edited by Neverchosen

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Is this the final reveals for Gencon? 

yes

that’s a wrap from Gen Con – we hope you’ve enjoyed seeing some of the fantastic boxed sets, miniatures, and books that are on the way to the worlds of Warhammer. We’ll be revealing more as we get closer to the launch dates for all of the goodies we’ve shown off, so sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates sent straight to your inbox.