The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

What do you guys think GW will preview tomorrow? My money is on Necromunda and Warcry, with a possible hint of Horus Heresy.

Im not sure they are going to show Horus Heresy since its not listed on the list of games they said they were going to showcase.

What they are going to show tomorrow is going to depend if they're going to show anything on Sunday. If so I think at least one day will be dedicated to 40k and the black tempalrs stuff, one day is going to be Necromunda and Bloodbowl and maybe one day for warcry (hopefully something ?).

If they are only showing stuff on friday and saturday then I think its going to be one big reveal (40k and warcry) and one smaller reveal (Bloodbowl and Necromunda) per day, so I'd say tomorrow is Warcry and Necromunda and saturday would be 40k and Bloodbowl

(I think the idea of something big coming for warcry is just wishful thinking after seeing the killteam stuff but one can dream)

I just had a nasty thought. What if the Warcry preview is just the 2021 annual? The first preview said there would be books and we've only had box sets so far. If they were going to do a season 2 it would make sense to wait until next summer and echo what Kill team is doing this year. 

I really hope we see a new warband or two this week but I'm not very optimistic. 

All that said any Warcry news at all is good. I really want this game to become as well established as Underworlds is now. 

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I just had a nasty thought. What if the Warcry preview is just the 2021 annual? The first preview said there would be books and we've only had box sets so far. If they were going to do a season 2 it would make sense to wait until next summer and echo what Kill team is doing this year. 

I really hope we see a new warband or two this week but I'm not very optimistic. 

All that said any Warcry news at all is good. I really want this game to become as well established as Underworlds is now. 

I honestly want Warcry to become the fantasy chaos version of Necromunda. multiple smaller factions, upgrade kits, special characters, the whole shebang.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I have a feeling it will just be the annual in terms of 'new rules' but we might get some new environments and maybe some more of those pre-existing models packed into a Warcry Warband.

In terms of environments, I am going to venture a guess and say one will feature a mixture of the new Dawnbringer scenery sprues and one featuring the Numinous Occulum and Baleful Realmgates.

Edited by Neverchosen

This won’t happen, but it would be amazing to use warcry to introduce a bunch of alternate sculpts for smaller/older factions similar to what Underworlds has done. They don’t need to be constrained by unit sizes and can fit a mix of stuff on the sprue. Eg. 4 skinks, 3 saurus guard and a saurus knight or something.

New sculpts will tempt people into older armies and encourage folks who have those armies to expand, but without invalidating their existing models. For painters, it also offers a compact package to paint something new without getting a bunch of duplicates sculpts.

Alternate poses, genders, faces, heraldry/banners/instruments. Nomnomnom

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

Idk. A "runty" singular named man crusher who also happened to be a wizard or priest could make a great addition to a range that lacks granularity.

That's what have always hoped for!! An upgraded Mancrusher Gargant seems perfect to slot into Underworlds, even with basing being an issue.

9 hours ago, Higolx said:

Afaik Squats were in the same leak that talked about the new killteam stuff. So although they're not oficially confirmed, since the leak got some credibility because of the killteam stuff theres some chance they're actually real.

If Squats return (and I hope they do) will we still be able to use the term "getting squatted" as we do now? 😂

5 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I honestly want Warcry to become the fantasy chaos version of Necromunda. multiple smaller factions, upgrade kits, special characters, the whole shebang.

In some ways, they are the exact opposite.

Necromunda is a campaign style game with lots of loadout options, while Underworlds is push fit and resets every game.

Necromunda's models (and factions) stay relevant year after year except for balance issues and get new add ons, Underworlds are planned obsolescence.

Necromunda has reasonably priced models but unreasonably priced rulebooks, which you need a lot of and are frankly not very good. Underworlds is comparatively cheap to get into, but their price per model has shot up ridiculously with their 50% price increase in two years while reducing average model count.

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Necromunda is a campaign style game with lots of loadout options, while Underworlds is push fit and resets every game.

Necromunda's models (and factions) stay relevant year after year except for balance issues and get new add ons, Underworlds are planned obsolescence.

Necromunda has reasonably priced models but unreasonably priced rulebooks, which you need a lot of and are frankly not very good. Underworlds is comparatively cheap to get into, but their price per model has shot up ridiculously with their 50% price increase in two years while reducing average model count.

The price increase on Underworlds is a big issue, but the warband sizes haven't changed. They had three Stormcast in season 1 and three Stormcast and a pet in season 5. 5 Skaven in season 1 and 6 Seraphon in season 4. It's two small sprues each time which is part of the reason why doing something like a gargant is difficult. 

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Think @Loyal Son of Khemri was talking about Warcry and not Underworlds.  Underworlds was always intended as a competitive board game (hence push fit, deck building & seasons).  Warcry currently sits in a bit of a weird place as it has the potential to become more like Necromunda but doesn't have the same level of customisation or background.

Ultimately I think there's a demand for a more Mordheim style game but set within AoS.  What makes Necromunda work well is that the gangs within them aren't plucked straight from armies - they're (on the whole) fairly low level humans with little military training.  That's a lot more difficult to achieve currently in AoS though, which is by it's nature far more fantastical with less background.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The Gencon reveals have shown us two out of three of the silhouettes already. The third is almost certainly a black templar. That makes me scarred we won't see any models for warcry... 

there were 6 game systems and only 3 silhouettes. I don’t think they’ll only show models from 3 of those systems, and I don’t think they’ll have shown 2/3rds of all the models they’re going to show on the first day. I wouldn’t worry yet. 

Edited by Still-young

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'm unfamiliar with Tomes Celestial, would this make the Seraphon Battletome out of date and no longer valid?

it's added to the battletome. It will bonus and ease of use for the current Battletome if it follows the same patern as the last two. There will probably be a small fluff with it and less usefull battle tactics and grand strategies.

Many are not happies with the addition of more battle tactics and grand strategies because it adds more thing to remember even it is less usefull

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Think @Loyal Son of Khemri was talking about Warcry and not Underworlds.  Underworlds was always intended as a competitive board game (hence push fit, deck building & seasons).  Warcry currently sits in a bit of a weird place as it has the potential to become more like Necromunda but doesn't have the same level of customisation or background.

Ultimately I think there's a demand for a more Mordheim style game but set within AoS.  What makes Necromunda work well is that the gangs within them aren't plucked straight from armies - they're (on the whole) fairly low level humans with little military training.  That's a lot more difficult to achieve currently in AoS though, which is by it's nature far more fantastical with less background.

I'd bloody love a Mordheim style game for AOS set within the slums of Hammerhal Aqshy or Excelsis. Mostly Human Factions with a sprinkling of an Aelf, Duardin or Ogor within a Warband. I just want anything more for AOS.

40 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The Gencon reveals have shown us two out of three of the silhouettes already. The third is almost certainly a black templar. That makes me scarred we won't see any models for warcry... 

There are other systems and probably more models to show off but I am concerned that Warcry will just be another add on book rather than an expansion or 2.0 of the game. The Khainite Shadowstalkers are incredible models as are the rest of the Chaos Warbands so I'd love to see what they do with other Factions and Alliances. 

• Like 3