The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

I don't think @Bosskelot was saying they are ridiculous, I think he was saying that 40k is overwhelmed with too many factions at the moment, and adding a new one while letting so many others languish is unfair.

I don't personally mind in this instance (since squats were so beloved). But he does have a point. At this rate there is no way they will get all of their factions updated before 9th edition hits the 4 year mark. 

Honestly, that's what happens when Space Marine chapters take so many faction spots - and while I have sympathy for every Xenos player (and sincerely believe Craftworlds will be updated before Squats ever become a thing) languishing forgotten, a smaller Squat force doesn't really differ from Beast Snaggas- new models and new rules that you may or may not incorporate in your existing army.

Not that this is a new phenomenon - before 2011 us DEldar players had to make do with a 1998 codex and Bretonnians never got updated after 6th ed WHFB. Life, uh, finds a way.

• Like 3

Ocean Man, take me by the hand, take me to the land, that you understand

So the next Underworlds season is gonna be set in Ulgu! Interesting. Ik we only just got 3e but this basically confirms in my mind that 4e will deal with Slaanesh breaking free. 

I’m really curious how they’re gonna handle the nautical setting, too. Deepkin expansion? Yes? No? Maybe?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Ocean Man, take me by the hand, take me to the land, that you understand

So the next Underworlds season is gonna be set in Ulgu! Interesting. Ik we only just got 3e but this basically confirms in my mind that 4e will deal with Slaanesh breaking free. 

I’m really curious how they’re gonna handle the nautical setting, too. Deepkin expansion? Yes? No? Maybe?

Honestly you'd almost think Deepkin would be the posterboys of Harrowdeep, so maybe they're saved to release in tandem with an AoS proper update...

Oh, you think I meant because of the nautical setting? Hoh hoh hoh, no~! You see, the "Harrow" in Harrowdeep is of course a clever reference to the town of Harrow in Greater London featuring the county-famous "Harrow-on-the-Hill railway station. And who on this forum is quite DEEP into the HOLLOW (soulless) Deepkin? @HollowHills

Once again the genius of Games Workshop has been revealed!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Where is the confirmation of 40k squats, and how would they even fit into the factions? I was under the impression they were a type of "abhuman" and fell under the Imperium's banner

Afaik Squats were in the same leak that talked about the new killteam stuff. So although they're not oficially confirmed, since the leak got some credibility because of the killteam stuff theres some chance they're actually real.

I personally think they would start small with squats, maybe a killteam box. If they were to be fully added to regular 40k, I could see them being added in the imperial guard or even on an army of their own but with only a few kits (see the harlequins for an example)

• Thanks 1

So is this guy going to be a Warcry warband unit, or is he actually the spear unit champion in the multipart Gutrippaz - and we somehow just haven't seen him or the vultures yet?
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I figured this would be the right thread since he is unreleased.

unreleased-kruleboi.png

Edited by GDD
Gramar
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Ik we only just got 3e but this basically confirms in my mind that 4e will deal with Slaanesh breaking free. 

Some people were certain of that for the 2nd editon launch though. And Broken Realms. And the Hedonites second wave. ;)

I have to agree that an Ulgu setting would follow the pattern though.

16 minutes ago, GDD said:

So is this guy going to be a Warcry warband unit, or is he actually the spear unit champion in the multipart Gutrippaz - and we somehow just haven't seen him or the vultures yet?
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I figured this would be the right thread since he is unreleased.

unreleased-kruleboi.png

congrats & thank you for solving one of the older Rumour Engines!!! I would bet that this means Warcry warband rather than anniversary model.

Gutrippaz warscroll would have to mention this vulture if it was tied to the Champion (Vanguard-Raptors kit does this). So definitely a New Dude.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Afaik Squats were in the same leak that talked about the new killteam stuff. So although they're not oficially confirmed, since the leak got some credibility because of the killteam stuff theres some chance they're actually real.

That leak also correctly predicted the existence and rules for the special Black Templars flamer that was previewed, and the semi-leaked primaris Helbrecht. Presumably in the next two days we'll also see if they were accurate about the other BT stuff too.

There's a few rumour engines that look a bit dwarfy - the ones with the boots and the floating rocks, one very dwarfy hand holding some sort of power axe/cleaver - and especially this, which is pretty similar in its chunky coils to the old squat bikers.

D4lsgfOzJyggqSg1.jpg

• Like 6

I really hope that there is a second Destruction Warband and its something we've not yet seen such as the Kurnothi OR an Ogor Mawtribes Warband.

Since Underworlds began we have had;

3 Gloomspite Warbands with Zarbags Gitz, Mollogs Mob and Rippa's Snarlfangs.

4 Orruk Warclans with the Kruelboyz, 2 Ironjawz Warbands with Ironskulls Boyz and Morgoks Krushas and 1 Bonesplitterz with Hedkrakkas Madmob.

Sons of Behemat unfortunately, incredibly sadly and downright blasphemously will probably never get a Warband.

Leaving Ogor Mawtribes with 1 Warband with Horthgorns Mantrappers so I hope that there is a second Ogor Mawtribes Warband this Season!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That leak also correctly predicted the existence and rules for the special Black Templars flamer that was previewed, and the semi-leaked primaris Helbrecht. Presumably in the next two days we'll also see if they were accurate about the other BT stuff too.

There's a few rumour engines that look a bit dwarfy - the ones with the boots and the floating rocks, one very dwarfy hand holding some sort of power axe/cleaver - and especially this, which is pretty similar in its chunky coils to the old squat bikers.

D4lsgfOzJyggqSg1.jpg

Yeah, I just double checked the leak. Not only did that leak correctly got the black templar special flamer, it got the killteam boxes in detail (sisters being new models, pathfinders being an upgrade kit and the terrain too!).

Also, I see a whitefang like on the comment. Looks like the leak is on the right track

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope that there is a second Destruction Warband and its something we've not yet seen such as the Kurnothi OR an Ogor Mawtribes Warband.

Since Underworlds began we have had;

3 Gloomspite Warbands with Zarbags Gitz, Mollogs Mob and Rippa's Snarlfangs.

4 Orruk Warclans with the Kruelboyz, 2 Ironjawz Warbands with Ironskulls Boyz and Morgoks Krushas and 1 Bonesplitterz with Hedkrakkas Madmob.

Sons of Behemat unfortunately, incredibly sadly and downright blasphemously will probably never get a Warband.

Leaving Ogor Mawtribes with 1 Warband with Horthgorns Mantrappers so I hope that there is a second Ogor Mawtribes Warband this Season!!

For sure, I hope they introduce some Gutbusters on a new Warband.

Maybe this is a personal wish but I would also love some hybrid warbands within the GAs. A warband that combined Dispossessed, Kharadrons and Fyreslayers would be very interesting. Maybe a great waaagh warband too, a CoS warband. Heck, even Soulbound warbands where each miniature is from a different army. The sky's the limit

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

congrats & thank you for solving one of the older Rumour Engines!!! I would bet that this means Warcry warband rather than anniversary model.

Gutrippaz warscroll would have to mention this vulture if it was tied to the Champion (Vanguard-Raptors kit does this). So definitely a New Dude.

There's loads of AOS figures with little dudes who aren't on warscrolls.  So dosent necessarily follow. SC tomes have also made a big thing of how birds are like their best friends and stuff and how they fight together. 

Also there's nothing in the book that relates to this guys load out except a gutrippa with spear, which this dude literally is, just with a bird. Sometimes a bird is just a bird. 

And GW have *never* released full pictures of a model without announcing it first, and I highly doubt it was just a mistake. 

90% we'll find out he's just a gut rippa. 

Edited by Nos

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Honestly you'd almost think Deepkin would be the posterboys of Harrowdeep, so maybe they're saved to release in tandem with an AoS proper update...

Oh, you think I meant because of the nautical setting? Hoh hoh hoh, no~! You see, the "Harrow" in Harrowdeep is of course a clever reference to the town of Harrow in Greater London featuring the county-famous "Harrow-on-the-Hill railway station. And who on this forum is quite DEEP into the HOLLOW (soulless) Deepkin? @HollowHills

Once again the genius of Games Workshop has been revealed!!!

This is revenge for my petition.

58 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

D4lsgfOzJyggqSg1.jpg

Was there any AOS Rumours that were mentioned alongside these 40K ones? If so we must know!!

23 minutes ago, Higolx said:

For sure, I hope they introduce some Gutbusters on a new Warband.

Maybe this is a personal wish but I would also love some hybrid warbands within the GAs. A warband that combined Dispossessed, Kharadrons and Fyreslayers would be very interesting. Maybe a great waaagh warband too, a CoS warband. Heck, even Soulbound warbands where each miniature is from a different army. The sky's the limit

I think that because Hrothgorn was an Icebrow Hunter from the Beastclaw Raiders, that the Warband should be Gutbuster focused. 3 new Gutbuster Gluttons or Maneaters is my dream!!

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

D4lsgfOzJyggqSg1.jpg

My memory and Google Fu is failing me... was that the same rumor talking about a whole bunch of CSM next years as well as a "big but incomplete" Craftworlds overhaul?

• Like 1

Just now, Magnusaur said:

My memory and Google Fu is failing me... was that the same rumor talking about a whole bunch of CSM next years as well as a "big but incomplete" Craftworlds overhaul?

Correct, i believe it was on bolter and chainsword and subsequently deleted. I can see if i can dredge up screenshots, but it's basically all 40k.

• Thanks 1