The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

duardin boar cavalry when 😢 

I'll take duardin insect cavalry instead.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dobkine

Be great mixed Ghyran freeguild shellriders units.

"Not every insect carries the foul touch of the Plague God upon its body, however. Not only do bugs and grubs provide [Hammerhal Ghyra's] main source of food, but larger species of insect native to Verdia are harnessed as beasts of burden or even war-mounts – the famed Shellriders of the 68th Veldtguard have employed rockcrusher scarabs to great effect in their massed cavalry charges. Docile and pliant andronicus beetles are more common than carthorses in the city's farming strata, and have the added benefit of a powerful pair of glittering wings. Indeed, beetle-flight is one of the few ways for one to reach the docks of the floating drift-isles and the highest levels of the city."

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

32 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It really is horrendous. I'm not a fan of this Underworlds box in general. The weakest in the series imo.

Just seems really short sighted too. I know the purpose of Underworlds is not to make models for AOS, but a lot of them are pretty compelling hero or champion options.

With these you can have two orcs who have no statline- not a Killa, not a Murk, not a shaman, can't have snatchas on foot- who also dosent remotley fit with any of the existing units to act as a champion or even generic member, unless you want to add the flavour of one of the unit being on a Stag Do or something 

One (1) Hobgrot to add to a unit of Hobgrots, wooo

2 f***ing grots, who can't be used at all. 

It's just a pack of useless runts.

Edited by Nos

2 minutes ago, Nos said:

Just seems really short sighted too. I know the purpose of Underworlds is not to make models for AOS, but a lot of them are pretty compelling hero or champion options.

With these you can have an orc who has no statline- not a Killa, not a Murk, not a shaman, can't have snatchas on foot- who also dosent remotley fit with any of the existing units 

I'd use them for alternate sludgeraker riders and sloggoth trogg crew. I think the sculpts are great

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Nos said:

With these you can have an orc who has no statline- not a Killa, not a Murk, not a shaman, can't have snatchas on foot- who also dosent remotley fit with any of the existing units 

Meanwhile the Stormcast set has:

• a guy with a bow, that can fill in as a Judicator/ Knight Judicator or maybe Castigators
  • a dead tree with bird that looks like nice scatter terrain
  • warhammer guy, that could fit with Liberators, Praetors or Decimators/Retributors
  • woman with lamp, that could be used as a standin for several leader characters...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm going to have to see Xandire painted by more than the 'Eavy Metal team before making a decision on the box. Overall the models are a good idea, but I am shocked they didn't use her box art for the actual model... feels like a really bad disconnect.

The good news is that UW warbands got some decent rules in the new Stormcast tome, so these warbands may actually have a niche! Especially the Kruleboyz one.

• Like 2

Really disappointed that Squats seem likely to make a return to 40k. Not only were they always a lame idea, but the game struggles to support its already existing factions and in fact has plenty of critically important ones in-lore that have no representation on the table yet. To overlook all of those and bring back the worst idea is just really bleh.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

Just now, Bosskelot said:

Really disappointed that Squats seem likely to make a return to 40k. Not only were they always a lame idea, but the game struggles to support its already existing factions and in fact has plenty of critically important ones in-lore that have no representation on the table yet. To overlook all of those and bring back the worst idea is just really bleh.

At this point I'm just glad they're making anything besides another colour of space marines

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bosskelot said:

Well back in 1992 I loved my trikes and exo armour so gotta disagree. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Personally, I think they are as equally lame as all the other Space-Tolkien-fantasy species. Eldar can get a slight pass if they keep their helmets on. But so as long as 40k is a tongue in cheek pastiche of science fiction and fantasy tropes I am all in favour of some silly space Dwarves on motorcycles. 

Edited by Neverchosen

It'd be cool if he was the brother* to the UnderWorlds Kruleboy with a crow on his right shoulder to mirror the vulcha on his left.

*(as much a brother as growing from the same swampy mushroom patch can be)

I'm curious how Kruleboyz ended up under the Ulgulian sea though. Either they got teleported there from Shadespire's growing pathways and they came from Beastgrave or they're from a sunken slave ship and used their swamp magic to survive. (Just another add-on to the pile of great cinematic ideas an AoS rpg videogame could have with these guys dropping down on you from the sea above).

Also cool to see a Azyr lightning lantern in full design. There was a few mentioned in the novels of lighting up noble Greywater & Azyrite districts. Very clean looking with the reinforced looking glass to contain the lightning bolt stored in it.

37 minutes ago, PJetski said:

image.png.b0bd3a344b7ca00aad980bf987505019.png

If I had to guess, these dashed hexes block line of sight for a model standing inside them

Good eye! That'd fit with their talk of the Realm of Shadow's messing with the fighters.

• Like 1

Woah!! Awesome to hear we are finally going to Ulgu!! And Under the Sea of all places!! If one of the Warbands isnt Clan Eshin, Idoneth or Malerions Aelves that would be a wasted opportunity. 

In regards to the SCE and Kruelboyz Warband they arent to my tastes. Much love to those who enjoy them but they seem a bit bland to me, other than Hooded Hobgrot.

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

40k could support more things if they'd stop to churn out power armor armies everytime they can (and i still want the other 2 god centered legions left XD).
Tbh instead of having another flavour of something (like exodites eldar, x-marines, chaos version of another army) i prefer a niche army that has no "copy".
If not Squat also Demiurgh were a fair idea for "space dwarf" (and the Ferengi-style face for the face mockup was very interesting XD),we got space orks,ogres,halfling and elves, we need the space dwarves.
Also there's no much left to take back from the lore: Dark mech,Chaotic guard,Khorne and Slaanesh, exodites perhaps....not counting strange ideas like the return of Zoats or Men of iron.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bosskelot said:

This is such a weird take. "Biker Dwafs from Mars" is equally as ridiculous as "Burly Space Action Men - Coming in Blue, Yellow, Green, Repressed, Red, White and Furry" or "Dinosaurs, but really hungry". And that's the great thing about 40K! The whole game is juvenile, but that's also what's kind of fun about it. If Squats become a thing you'll start me playing the game again after a decade-long hiatus.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This is such a weird take. "Biker Dwafs from Mars" is equally as ridiculous as "Burly Space Action Men - Coming in Blue, Yellow, Green, Repressed, Red, White and Furry" or "Dinosaurs, but really hungry". And that's the great thing about 40K! The whole game is juvenile, but that's also what's kind of fun about it. If Squats become a thing you'll start me playing the game again after a decade-long hiatus.

I don't think @Bosskelot was saying they are ridiculous, I think he was saying that 40k is overwhelmed with too many factions at the moment, and adding a new one while letting so many others languish is unfair.

I don't personally mind in this instance (since squats were so beloved). But he does have a point. At this rate there is no way they will get all of their factions updated before 9th edition hits the 4 year mark.