The Rumour Thread

I'm definitely thinking the blue model on the left is some sort of Stormcast Ranger warband. Thunderstrike version of Vanguards?

DMBpyF9.png

Centre is probably a Black Templar since Horus Heresy wasn't mentioned on what's being Preview'ed.

Right is probably the leaked Sister of Battle vs Tau Pathfinder box for Kill-Team.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Polish_20210913_165903658.jpg.4112eee3e57b42c4ba564fcdb0dbe033.jpg

I cant tell you enough how much this made me laugh and smile mate, a real day brightener!!

OT can I just say...WELCOME BACK HYPE TRAIN BABY!! It feels like an age (of sigmar) since our last Preview and it's so good to get those hype juices flowing!!

The new Aetherwing model looks fantastic and cannot wait to see the rest of the Stormcast Warband attached to it.

My guess, for Underworlds, is they reveal the name of this Season alongside the Starter Box of SCE vs Kreulboyz. 

My hope is that they show off a roadmap just like last season. Leaving us with a vague idea of the Factions but letting our minds run wild.

In regards to Warcry I'm so damned excited to see something from it again. Will it be Season 2? Will it be an Expansion? Will the Warbands be Chaos or other Alliance related? 

I'm so happy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The red figure on the right looks like a Kruleboy to me. Would make sense given that we know their warband is in the works.

Kruleboyz have waists like that? :P 

my money is on an Imperium servant: Sister of Battle or even Inquisitor

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Oh look, more stormcast. I am starting to think that all other factions are made with immense disapproval since they must shove them into freaking everything. 4 warbands already, but don't you worry, a fifth is sure going to be fun. Another issue is that they are all the freaking Hammers of Sigmar, c'mon GW, you can't even give enough creative leeway to use one of the other stormhosts?

You just wanna ignore the sheer amount of creativity poured into AOS minis, especially non-Stormcast? I feel you on them all being Hammer, but c'mon now. We know new edition = new poster faction releases. There'll be this one single Stormcast warband and then everything else in the season will be amazing, fresh models for other factions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

You just wanna ignore the sheer amount of creativity poured into AOS minis, especially non-Stormcast? I feel you on them all being Hammer, but c'mon now. We know new edition = new poster faction releases. There'll be this one single Stormcast warband and then everything else in the season will be amazing, fresh models for other factions.

I don't ignore the great creativty that goes into the other factions, it is the key reason why i am a big fan of AoS, it's just that i look at all the cool factions and wonder. "What could the Idoneth, Maggotkin, Ogres, BoC, Gloomspite, FeC, etc. have gotten if the stormcast didn't get so much themselves". 

Look at the new dragons, their lore is that they were saved from kragnos imposed extinction by the Seraphon, and now they are ready to be released in the realms again to reclaim their identity and forge a future for themselves. Do they get an army on their own like the SoB? Do they become a part of the Seraphon? Do they become a part of the CoS, even though it would help a model starved faction and also be a neat way to tie in the lore of the newcomers of the realms, and their quest to find a home among this new world? No, they just become a part of the stormcast eternals.

Also gameplay wise, the stormcast do already have dragons, both with wings and without.

I dunno, maybe i am just tired of the stormcast and the new warband just made be boil over a little bit.

Edited by Captaniser
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It really looks like a Kruleboy to me! All the elements are there:

dfea5fdeae770765155d13e595ceef11_8725.pn

image.png.4275b8e9e645958fa548b6ecdf201f04.png

• Thin waist
  • Weird kimono sleeves
  • Crossbow
  • Helmet spike

Compare the spikes on the crossbow to the one found on the SoB canoness: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Adepta-Sororitas-Canoness-2020?s=99120108058

Between the thin waist, the pouch, the shoulder pads, and the hero pose, my money is definitely on Sisters - but we will see soon enough :)!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Compare the spikes on the crossbow to the one found on the SoB canoness: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Adepta-Sororitas-Canoness-2020?s=99120108058

Between the thin waist, the pouch, the shoulder pads, and the hero pose, my money is definitely on Sisters - but we will see soon enough :)!

I'll bet you it's Kruleboyz,. Winner gets the right to be all smug about it 😎

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Also some slightly extra hype news for what it will mean for future AoS projects... 

Creative Assembly just announced Total Warhammer 3 is delayed until early 2022 but they will be revealing Cathay tomorrow!! 

The hype train is approaching, very fast, and it's been painted red. 

Edit: Also buzzing for Chaos thicc beards fans, the hints for their return are growing it seems. Exciting times ahead. 

I wonder if AOS chorfs will come alongside Warhammer tw 3 xhorf dlc. 

I know this dosent exactly make me a particularly compelling Kruelboy candidate but I can't really bring myself to paint any sort of beast that looks abused, which all of the new models do. 

Apart from the vulture, but at that price I think it would make me a victim of abuse if I bought it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I really hope in a underworld roadmap because it could hints on aos armies coming throught.

Hoping for warcry also and maybe FINALLY we'll get a new bloodbowl chaos dwarves team.

Also the fact that we are not seeing aos maybe it's a good thing because the next tome could have some models with him?

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Also the fact that we are not seeing aos maybe it's a good thing because the next tome could have some models with him?

The lack of an AoS announcement makes me wonder if the Chaos Battletome will now end up pushed back into at least November.

Even if it's just a 'Tome and some dice, they usually make a point of sliding the reveals into these type of events.

Just now, Higolx said:

Im 99% sure the red one is a sister of battle not just because of the condemnor boltgun she carries but because the silhouette appears to be using the same armor too. Just look at the shoulderpads (in yellow) and the tubes (in blue)

1.jpg.18702ed69066da82bab4bec094c72ab1.jpg2.jpg.7e83503da53257df73e76ea48c15f084.jpg

ammo pouch on the hip says it all IMHO, otherwise we could have an endless argument over Sisters vs Witch Hunter

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The blue one is a sister of battle, you can't mistake that haircut! 

Yeah Thats exactly what I thought - plus the vent from the backpack. Looks like the middle one is Black Templar. Not sure on the left one- maybe another Sister from the Killteam set [rumoured to be a new squad type..]. Those leaks are looking pretty strong.

Interested to see what comes for Warcry- wasn't there a map for the last release? I remember it having an icon of an Anvil and Chain - I hoped for Dwarfs - it could be Chaos Dwarfs ? Wonder what else we will see- hope there are some good hints if not full reveals of what is coming. No offence to their fans but I'd love to see something else than Stormcast and Kruelboyz.. [order dwarfs/Kurnothi/Nids/Squats would be perfect, if unlikely].

• Like 1