The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Dwarves incoming!

DA04853A-4F73-468A-B825-D1063E08BC35.jpeg

Looks to me like a dude holding a lantern, one of the key motifs of the Black Templars. I’m thinking this might be a servitor or neophyte for them, maybe even part of the partially-leaked new Helbrecht mini with the big Katakros-style scenic base.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Ahhh I feel the drums of hype a-gain! 

Middle has gotta be a Templar and safe guess that we'll see their army box there. 

Left side hmm, I'm guessing some humans maybe a warband like the 2 vampire hunters we have. 

Right side has gotta be a Sister from a new Kill Team box. The rumour was Sister Neophytes vs Tau wasn't it? Bit disappointed if the Tau are just Pathfinders rather than a mix of Xenos races but ahwell. 

Warcry hype! Lets go la. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 3

A slightly better picture. Could we be seeing an Order of Azyr warband for warcry? The middle picture is a black Templar. They will probably show the contents of the army box. On the right is probably a Sisters neophyte which is the rumoured next kill team set. dfea5fdeae770765155d13e595ceef11_8725.png__thumb.jpg.50d3b5e7a0f81db023b4d89548e6b5fe.jpg

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Dwarves incoming!

DA04853A-4F73-468A-B825-D1063E08BC35.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Chikout said:

New Underworlds and Warcry stuff is getting announced at gencon this week. Nothing for AoS unfortunately. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/13/get-ready-for-a-grand-host-of-announcements-from-gen-con-2021/

On 9/7/2021 at 7:04 PM, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Alright, I’m about to go on a Chais Dwarf rant, please correct me if I’m wrong about anything.

from the posts above by @FFJump, comes a compelling picture that Chaos Dwarfs are on the way. The reason he-I’m going to assume you are male, @FFJump, out of habit- says this because of the following sources:

1. Grimdarklive mentioned evil beard bois are on there way after the Dominion preview.

2. Today’s Rumor Engine pic, which could also be the new Warpsmith for the upcoming massive CSM reboot for 9th edition.

3. An unnamed source (possibly a GW employee who lurks on this site or a similar board). 

4. The Oathtakers rumor that came out alongside the Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons box rumor.

Now, let’s go over what we “know.”

Chaos Dwarfs have been mentioned multiple times throughout AOS’s history, but have never been more than a nice snippet of lore if we exclude Forgeworld products. The earliest name for them was “Furnace Kings”, and was mentioned in The Realmgate Wars. We know that they have a presence in Shyish in the form of Zhar Vyxa, a massive oil rig that steals souls, and in Soulbound in the form of The Forge Anethema. There are more instances of them being mention, but this is just the stuff off the top of my head. 

with the Kruleboyz preview and lore drops we know that they are trading with the more cunning orruks via the Hobgrotz (see picture below).
image.jpeg.1b72ff60a9cbb11b496d61b43ad9da31.jpeg

From this picture we can tell that the Dawi-Zhar are once again active in the mortal realms. I can’t tell what the inspiration for the armor is, but I am going to assume it’s supposed to look like some industrial Assyrian/East Asian design in order to ties back to the original lore of both WFB hobgoblins and Chaos Dwarfs. 

In conclusion, we have a decent amount of evidence to support the release of plastics chaos dwarfs. We also have a decent picture of what they may look like. What we don’t know, is the following:

1. Lore

2. units

3. named characters

4. When they come out

Alright, looks like it's time to speculate once again......

First off I'll just say it: I don't think that new Dwarf model is a chaos dwarf. My reasoning for this assumption is as follows

1. The supposed "beard" outline of the model follows the dispossessed style of beard (triangle towards the end) instead of the established rectangle beard of old chaos dwarf models and art (See attached picture below).Legion.png.653150b33afc8383ba5b0f69668d901d.png

2. The general lack of spikes common to any chaos faction GW does.

3. My previous speculations.

4. The fact that the model has a sword scabbard..... Wait a thrice-damned minute!

• LOVE IT! 1

Also some slightly extra hype news for what it will mean for future AoS projects... 

Creative Assembly just announced Total Warhammer 3 is delayed until early 2022 but they will be revealing Cathay tomorrow!! 

The hype train is approaching, very fast, and it's been painted red. 

Edit: Also buzzing for Chaos thicc beards fans, the hints for their return are growing it seems. Exciting times ahead. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber

Middle is for sure something Black Templar flavoured.

The lefthand silhouette could be from a Knights of Azyr/Witch hunters warband for WHU or Warcry.

Not sure on the righthand, there are so many things in both 40k and AoS universes that could have crossbows like that.

3 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Middle is for sure something Black Templar flavoured.

The lefthand silhouette could be from a Knights of Azyr/Witch hunters warband for WHU or Warcry.

Not sure on the righthand, there are so many things in both 40k and AoS universes that could have crossbows like that.

The hanging sleeve is common in the sisters range and the crossbow looks really similar to this one. It has the same spikes on the limb. Screenshot_20210913-234442.png.d9e7d514a3ec80eadee38a5b1447470f.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A slightly better picture. Could we be seeing an Order of Azyr warband for warcry? The middle picture is a black Templar. They will probably show the contents of the army box. On the right is probably a Sisters neophyte which is the rumoured next kill team set. dfea5fdeae770765155d13e595ceef11_8725.png__thumb.jpg.50d3b5e7a0f81db023b4d89548e6b5fe.jpg

The red figure on the right looks like a Kruleboy to me. Would make sense given that we know their warband is in the works.

10 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Also some slightly extra hype news for what it will mean for future AoS projects... 

Creative Assembly just announced Total Warhammer 3 is delayed until early 2022 but they will be revealing Cathay tomorrow!! 

The hype train is approaching, very fast, and it's been painted red. 

Edit: Also buzzing for Chaos thicc beards fans, the hints for their return are growing it seems. Exciting times ahead. 

Alright, Tuesday is going to be amazing this week! so let's do some speculating! generally speaking..... what culture/time period do we think GW and CA are gonna pull inspiration from? I just want some form of Jiangshi inspired vampire unit.

• LOVE IT! 1

Looking forward to some new cool warbands for underworlds, although I would really love it if the Slaanesh warband gets a separate release from the starter box.

I’m also hoping wel’ll see some new warcry warbands. For me those are some of the most interesting expansions to chaos we’ve seen. A very welcome and cool looking expansion on the look and feel of that part of warhammer. 

38 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Teaser for new SC warband. This bird reminds of the Liverbird and I can't tell you how much I need this. Like, my lawd this is perfect. 

A Knightly themed SC warband too would be amazing, that hooded Knight in the artwork tease looks interesting! 

Screenshot_20210913_160257.jpg

Oh look, more stormcast. I am starting to think that all other factions are made with immense disapproval since they must shove them into freaking everything. 4 warbands already, but don't you worry, a fifth is sure going to be fun. Another issue is that they are all the freaking Hammers of Sigmar, c'mon GW, you can't even give enough creative leeway to use one of the other stormhosts?

I am so tired om stormcasts it is actually unreal. Seems that the disease of the spacemarines has fully enveloped AoS now. Guess the only real saving grace is that stormcasts are allowed to lose in the lore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Captaniser said:

Oh look, more stormcast. I am starting to think that all other factions are made with immense disapproval since they must shove them into freaking everything. 4 warbands already, but don't you worry, a fifth is sure going to be fun. Another issue is that they are all the freaking Hammers of Sigmar, c'mon GW, you can't even give enough creative leeway to use one of the other stormhosts?

I am so tired om stormcasts it is actually unreal. Seems that the disease of the spacemarines has fully enveloped AoS now. Guess the only real saving grace is that stormcasts are allowed to lose in the lore. 

At least stormcast don't get more supplements than there are xenos armies...