The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, FFJump said:

Haven't read the whole tome yet, but from reviews looks like numerous more Chaos Dwarf references in the new tome. I was afraid they were gonna retcon Hashut, but the new tome specifically calls them "Hashut-worshipping duardin". We also get a named conflict between the Chaos Duardin and the Orruks called the "War of the Broken Promise" which is why they don't trade with Orruks, but the Hobgrots specifically. Though of course, the hobs are only getting cast-offs from exiles and low-quality blacksmiths, while the Chaos Duardin get the weak and sickly slaves in return, both thinking they're scamming the other.

Interesting how they're expanding Chaos Duardin lore through a whole different tome.

Humm… I was going to do a new AOS3 army when the new books dropped but now I’m going to wait and see how this pans out. 😁

• Like 1

Ooh, Chaos Duardin are seeming ever more likely! Between them and dragons they are making my resolve to not bother with this edition waver! I thought the hobgrot lore was encouraging, but had figured regular dwarfs more likely. Its crazy that we've had rumours of United Duardin, Chaos Duardin, and 40k squats all within a few months. I don't think it'll all happen, but if it does it would be about time for us dwaf players to get our time in the sun again!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Ooh, Chaos Duardin are seeming ever more likely! Between them and dragons they are making my resolve to not bother with this edition waver! I thought the hobgrot lore was encouraging, but had figured regular dwarfs more likely. Its crazy that we've had rumours of United Duardin, Chaos Duardin, and 40k squats all within a few months. I don't think it'll all happen, but if it does it would be about time for us dwaf players to get our time in the sun again!

After the times of the elves it's natural to have a proper dwarf expansion.

I'm really excited both for "order" and chaos duardin and i hope their lore will be expanded considerably.

Grungni hinted to some trouble in the dwarvish pantheon so maybe the hashut servants are linked to that.

I can't wait finally to see chaos dwarves finally in plastic.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’m now thinking maybe the squat rumours are actually the chaos dwarfs….

That would make a lot of sense actually. I'd be happy with pretty much any dwarf release for fantasy or 40K, but Chaos Dwarves are definitely top of my list.

I just hope that its a proper update and expansion like Gloomspite, Soulblight or Lumineth, and not a drastic reimagining like Ossiarchs. I want my sinister assyrian fire priests, bull centaurs and steampunk warmachines!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'm really excited both for "order" and chaos duardin and i hope their lore will be expanded considerably.

Grungni hinted to some trouble in the dwarvish pantheon so maybe the hashut servants are linked to that.

The dwarven pantheon? This implies more than just himself...

Valaua and Gazul dwarves confirmed!

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The Age of Aelves is over, the time of the Duardin has come!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 6

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

The dwarven pantheon? This implies more than just himself...

Valaua and Gazul dwarves confirmed!

While both are dead (but Grungni seems want to save Valaya in some manner and Gazul worshippers still revere him and uses runechanting magic)the old whfb dwarvish pantheon has some other members like Smednir,Thungni and Morgrim.

Still the lore passage seems to indicate that all the ancestor god family existed in aos and even in the lamentations book seems to point that. 

Soulbound mentions that he chain that bounded Grungni and Grimnir were made by Grungni's hand, without telling the motive but hinting something happened.

Fyreslayer book mentioned that there was a betrayal in the dwarf pantheon.

If chaos dwarves are coming indeed i could see the betrayal linked to them.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Well, until Malerion comes along and everybody loses their respective mind about how awesome they look. 

But I've always loved Dwarves and am looking forward to whatever they get. 

But y'all have to remember that Tyrion and the third Lumineth book will show up sooner or later! It will be elves with fire burning birds and magical arrows that do 2 mortal wounds instead of one!

I don't think the age of of elves is over, but I don't mind the rest getting some love first!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

While both are dead (but Grungni seems want to save Valaya in some manner and Gazul worshippers still revere him and uses runechanting magic)the old whfb dwarvish pantheon has some other members like Smednir,Thungni and Morgrim.

Still the lore passage seems to indicate that all the ancestor god family existed in aos and even in the lamentations book seems to point that. 

Soulbound mentions that he chain that bounded Grungni and Grimnir were made by Grungni's hand, without telling the motive but hinting something happened.

I think it was written somewhere that Nagash couldn't reach at least some of the dwarven dead, and death in AoS does not seem to be final anyway. If one domain seems good at keeping piwer in death, it would also be death.

Gazul and Valaya embody aspects that are not covered by Grungni or Grimnir, but Smednir and Morgrim seem to fit within Grungni's domain (Morgrim less so, but if Kharadron are considered Grungni's followers in spirit, Morgrim isn't all that special anymore).

Thungni isn't neccessary if you have Valaya, but Valaya isn't covered by Thungni.

30 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I swear to Mathlann if Lumineth get another big release before 4th ed I'm burning my armies.

Expand 👏 existing 👏 armies 👏 

probably better off selling them, both for the environment and your own physical health.

I learned today that gutter runners are metal. I always thought they were plastic, just ugly. Hope whitefang's bone reading comes true soon- I don't suppose we've heard anything more about eshin?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

probably better off selling them, both for the environment and your own physical health.

I learned today that gutter runners are metal. I always thought they were plastic, just ugly. Hope whitefang's bone reading comes true soon- I don't suppose we've heard anything more about eshin?

They still sell models made in metal?

Or is it leftovers from the past?

4 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

They still sell models made in metal?

Or is it leftovers from the past?

Skaven have:
Gutter Runners
Arch-Warlock
Warlock engineer (Bombardier is not the same)
Acolytes
most weapon teams
Plague censer bearers
still in metal. One or two of the teams are finecast and I can't remember which.

Edit: still on the gw webstore 

Edited by Ratboy genius
forgot an important bit
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ratboy genius said:

Skaven have:
Gutter Runners
Arch-Warlock
Acolytes
most weapon teams
Plague censer bearers
still in metal. One or two of the teams are finecast and I can't remember which.

Ulgu is near perhaps "finally" we'll see the Eshin clan expansion.

4 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

And the ever wise and elusive@Whitefang has gifted us with a reaction to your post my friend. You have drawn the attention of the gods!!

2 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

I'm really hoping that the next Underworlds is Ulgu and we get a Clan Eshin Warband yes-yes!!

3 minutes ago, brocktoon said:

What's the hot money on next battletomes? Still Beasts and Nurgle?

If I were a betting man, I'd say either Nurgle or Beasts followed by FEC or Ossiarchs.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Yeah its pretty amazing looking forward as a dwarf fan- particularly looking forward to Squats [the moment I saw KO I knew that GW could make awesome Squat models] as well as new Grungni Duardin

6 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’m now thinking maybe the squat rumours are actually the chaos dwarfs….

NO!! Don't you dare take them away from me! Plus there is room for all!!

[But seriously rumours wise squats seem to be coming and not massively in the distance]. 

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The Age of Aelves is over, the time of the Duardin has come!!

At last! The true order has been returned!

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

Skaven have:
Gutter Runners
Arch-Warlock
Acolytes
most weapon teams
Plague censer bearers

There is actually a lot of metal still, its just mostly in the Lord of the Rings range. So most folks who are just into AoS or 40K assume that its almost all been phased out and are really surprised at how much skaven still have.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Why I'm so exited after reading this? Ahhh, I know... give me more dwarf!!!

Dwarvish pantheon stuff has been around for some time. The Gazul-Zagaz is a society of Dispossessed, that obviously worship Gazul. https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gazul-Zagaz

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pantheon_of_Order

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Underworld_Deities

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Godbeast

Other gods from the old world, may have been reincarnated in the mortal realms.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Morrda

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mirmidh

Edited by xking