The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Well i would challenge you to a contest then.

I take the a Stormcast Chariot and you take a Warriors of Chaos chariot.

12 wounds, 2 attacks 18" 3+3+, -1rend/ 2 attacks, 3+3+, -2rend/ 2 wounds

vs

7 wounds, no range, 2 attacks , 3+3+, -1 rend/ 2 wounds

I wonder who will win every time. In fact you won't even make it to my chariot.

If they leave it like that, the game is broken. If they fix the other faction, we have powercreep.

It's a wonderful choice

Did you know units can cost different amounts of points? 

A new unit having more stats than an old unit is not inherently powercreep.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Well i would challenge you to a contest then.

I take the a Stormcast Chariot and you take a Warriors of Chaos chariot.

12 wounds, 3+ Save, 2 attacks 18" 3+3+, -1rend/ 2 attacks, 3+3+, -2rend/ 2 wounds

vs

7 wounds, 4+ save, no range, 2 attacks , 3+3+, -1 rend/ 2 wounds

I wonder who will win every time. In fact you won't even make it to my chariot.

If they leave it like that, the game is broken. If they fix the other faction, we have powercreep.

It's a wonderful choice

and what happens if the stormcast chariot costs twice as much as the chaos one?

2 hours ago, Nos said:

Duncan Rhodes new paint range 

While I have personally reduced my paint range from over 100 to about 12 (learn to mix, you'll paint better!), all power to Duncan for valuing himself where GW manifestly didnt and a hearty lol that as a consequence of GW's miserly approach to their talent, they now have to contend with an entire rival paint range 

I felt a little bit tempted and would like to support him. But I've invested heavily in the citadel paint line and I have enough colors now ... I hope it goes well for him though!

Do people think cities of Sigmar will get a new book, or they will divide the faction?

I wonder reading Powercreep here. We are in a new edition and these are the first new tomes to drop which will finally give an insight into what the devs want the new edition to play right now. Current Meta is a semi stable snapshot (as always btw) and this is now the start of a transition to what 3.0 is supposed to be played like. 

Seeing a lot of Rend and Damage makes sense considering how they pushed 3+ saves with AOD and Mystic Shield. Looks like 3.0 is more loaded and this will for sure cause trouble during transition, as always. Seeing -1 rend beeing used way more often around and also seeing a broad range of -2 looks fine to me. I felt like GW was afraid to put Rend on anything in the 2.0 tomes. Factions with new tomes will propably have two ways of pushing through that 2+ armor which right now is kinda invincible. Having more units to cause Mortals and -2 Rend D2 hits really helps. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I was thinking....Hobgrotz did'nt received any spoiler about alternative loadout?
Is possible that they'll remain with the "dominion sprues" or maybe we'll see a more "expanded sprue"  in the future...maybe with the coming of their employer?

I suspect they will be sold separately as-is, similar to Poxwalkers, Chainrasps, and Necron Warriors as the chaff/basic soldier of the enemy faction of this edition.

Disregarding the obvious hyperbole found in some comments here, I guess I'm excited at the prospect of Stormcast becoming a bit more punchy. I'm biased as a player/collector but they've always felt incredibly bland on the tabletop to me. Similar to how Primaris felt when they came out. Then GW tipped the balance big time in the favor in late 2019, mid-edition - it was controversial, but it also started a new cycle of most armies getting a bit more punchy and powerful. I don't know... I guess I just want my demihuman super soldiers to pack a serious punch - and for every other army to then have interesting counters to that 'standard'.

Edited by Magnusaur

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

I wonder reading Powercreep here. We are in a new edition and these are the first new tomes to drop which will finally give an insight into what the devs want the new edition to play right now. Current Meta is a semi stable snapshot (as always btw) and this is now the start of a transition to what 3.0 is supposed to be played like. 

Seeing a lot of Rend and Damage makes sense considering how they pushed 3+ saves with AOD and Mystic Shield. Looks like 3.0 is more loaded and this will for sure cause trouble during transition, as always. Seeing -1 rend beeing used way more often around and also seeing a broad range of -2 looks fine to me. I felt like GW was afraid to put Rend on anything in the 2.0 tomes. Factions with new tomes will propably have two ways of pushing through that 2+ armor which right now is kinda invincible. Having more units to cause Mortals and -2 Rend D2 hits really helps. 

The problem with this is you should use either high rend or MW to balance buffed armor saves. NOT BOTH, and specially not both in the same army while other armies get none.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PJetski said:

NZ preorders are up... no free warscrolls on the website

I assume certain members of the forums will come out now against this decision and admit they were wrong about them not paywalling this stuff. 

*I want to be @'d if they're not there just because it's the NZ pre orders and they come up with the full pre orders, both because I'd be happy to be wrong and also so I wont be a hypocrite for not eating crow.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I assume certain members of the forums will come out now against this decision and admit they were wrong about them not paywalling this stuff. 

*I want to be @'d if they're not there just because it's the NZ pre orders and they come up with the full pre orders, both because I'd be happy to be wrong and also so I wont be a hypocrite for not eating crow.

That's both unsurprising and super annoying for competitive play. Having the scrolls easily at hand was super helpful during tournaments. It's irritating that it'll be paywalled, but I'm hoping the new app will have the general bank of warscrolls the old one did and doesn't require buying the individual tome to unlock them. I don't expect it though.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I hope that this is just a day 1 thing and that the warscrolls will be added once the preorders are up in all timezones. Failing that, hopefully the scrolls will be added on release day. Or perhaps it's an oversight.

If indeed this is the end of warscrolls being available for free then that's pretty terrible.

They didn't add the Dominion warscrolls, I don't see why they would add any others

• Thanks 2

The lack of warscroll is not surprising but it is massively disappointing. The free warscrolls, the free app and warscroll builder were a massive plus for AoS. 

Now only warscroll builder is left and I worry for its future. 

The delay to the AoS app doesn't exactly engender hope that it will be good. 

I'm not going to buy a battletome this year. 

I hope gw has a change of heart over this 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The lack of warscroll is not surprising but it is massively disappointing. The free warscrolls, the free app and warscroll builder were a massive plus for AoS. 

Now only warscroll builder is left and I worry for its future. 

The delay to the AoS app doesn't exactly engender hope that it will be good. 

I'm not going to buy a battletome this year. 

I hope gw has a change of heart over this 

I'm also worried about the warscroll builder... I really like it since I then can build a list for me and friends that visit me.

If they go behind the paywall way, then perhaps the subscription to the app to be able to see all warscrolls would be"acceptable" to me...

37 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

I'm also worried about the warscroll builder... I really like it since I then can build a list for me and friends that visit me.

If they go behind the paywall way, then perhaps the subscription to the app to be able to see all warscrolls would be"acceptable" to me...

Or appreciate the models and move to other games.

• Like 2

A paywalled (because paying astronomical numbers for the miniatures is not enough anymore it seems) broken game with wildly unbalanced factions. Seems it's time to find new pastures as every fear about 3.0 is coming true. 

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2