The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Mutton said:

His lowish bravery will also prevent him from Heroic Healing a lot of the time, so you can't count on that.

I genuinely despise heroic recovery as a destruction player. If you're death demons, starborne or stormcast it'll go off almost guaranteed, while it never goes off for you. Turns stuff that was already hard to kill, into something completely nutty. Should have been a flat 5+ for everyone.

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

56 minutes ago, trolemon said:

I genuinely despise heroic recovery as a destruction player. If you're death demons, starborne or stormcast it'll go off almost guaranteed, while it never goes off for you. Turns stuff that was already hard to kill, into something completely nutty. Should have been a flat 5+ for everyone.

GW could add diferent Heroic Actions to each battletome too. Something like "Scavenging: Roll a dice. On a 1, nothing happens, on a roll of 2-3, heal 2. On a roll of 4-5, add +1 to save rolls until the end of the turn. On a roll of 6, gain 1 CP".

Edited by Beliman

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

troggoths are all pretty monstrous in my opinion. 

They're just misunderstood. And a bit grumpy.

I don't actually play so I had never noticed that. It does seem a little odd but at least it's consistant across Kruleboyz and Gitz. Wonder if the Sloggoth will have the keyword? It's one of the most monstrous things I've seen.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Not sure how you feel about 3rd party models (or resin) but Drakon from creature caster seems like a decent enough proxy for the image you posted. Still might need some bits to make it a little closer to your desired effect. I would post a link but I don't really know the rules for 3rd party models on the forum. 

As a bit of a divergence from the general doom and gloom hereabouts lately, here's my current conversion project I figure some of you will get a kick out of, especially after todays Mirebrute Preview. It was originally intended as a unique model for narrative play, but with the inclusion of the mirebrute and sloggoth, I think it actually makes a pretty good proxy. 

Going to add some fine chains from the horns to the driver after its been painted, but right now i need to be able to separate the various occupants from the pagoda. If anyones interested in their own version, its a Reaper Bones fire giant jailor for the body (though a dankhold would be perfect for the same role), with bits from an greenskinz orruk chariot, the flag and grot from the ogre gluttons kit, some gobbo biker bits from 40K(red plastic), a club from the base gargant kit, and some other random bits and bobs I had kicking around. 

Orruk Brute Pagoda.JPG

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

As a bit of a divergence from the general doom and gloom hereabouts lately, here's my current conversion project I figure some of you will get a kick out of, especially after todays Mirebrute Preview. It was originally intended as a unique model for narrative play, but with the inclusion of the mirebrute and sloggoth, I think it actually makes a pretty good proxy. 

Going to add some fine chains from the horns to the driver after its been painted, but right now i need to be able to separate the various occupants from the pagoda. If anyones interested in their own version, its a Reaper Bones fire giant jailor for the body (though a dankhold would be perfect for the same role), with bits from an greenskinz orruk chariot, the flag and grot from the ogre gluttons kit, some gobbo biker bits from 40K(red plastic), a club from the base gargant kit, and some other random bits and bobs I had kicking around. 

Orruk Brute Pagoda.JPG

That is crazy! I think that it would work fantastically as a Sloggoth or Mirebrute and being a unique creation you can freely run it as both! 😮

44 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Very interested to see the relative points between Breaker Boss and Stormstrike chariot.  Chariot is +1Sv and 12" move but about half the damage output. (similarly Killabow Vs Knight-judicator).

• Like 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Argel Tal pre order up on FW today. Beautiful mini. Don’t think I’ve exclaimed the number 47 in such shock before. 

28F2A6A1-B795-4D32-A724-62C98CAB4D47.png

Considering he saves me the cost of 3 drop pods to run my Gal Vorbak as troops, he's worth it to me lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't want to be doom and gloom but the stormcast rules are quite disheartening. They all seem to indicate powercreep to me.

Warclans might have some amazing synergy, but right now they look a lot worse than the stormcast. 

So a chariot with some mortal wounds on the charge and an average damage output of 4.5 and a hero with a bow dealing 3,3 dmg average (vs 4+ saves) is powercreep? There really is nothing shown so far to suggest any kind of meta defining synergy and of course we do not know any point values at all.

Nothing suggests so far that they got anything to compete with the strongest armies out there right now. Only thing that stands out is above average saves, but that is really not all that important anymore in a meta defined by excessive mortal wound output and extreme maneuverability, neither does anything suggests they can stand up to the oppressive spell casters out there.

I am not saying they will not be good, I am just saying if they are, those rules have not been shown yet that will take them from mid tier to anything like top tier.

It is not looking better for warclans either, at least the KB got MW on 6s going for them and they get access to an above average spell caster with some anti magic shutdown and a bit more board control, so in that regard we have seen some more tactical flexibility that is often seen in top lists, although we have only seen mediocre warscrolls to be backed up by those rules.

• Like 2

Definitely a case of "so far, so mediocre" for the Stormcast and Orruks, but there are still a lot of rules and warscrolls to be revealed. We'll have a better idea soon enough when youtubers start doing previews of the battletomes. I don't remember if those typically happen when preorders go live, or when they release for real.

I am really loving the new units both aesthetically and in terms of rules. I think that they are trying to create kind of oppositions in the SCE and Orruk Warclans with one being defensive and the other offensive. I think that this works really well for the Stormcast thematically as the immortal staunch defenders of order. Defence seems to be a little more noteworthy this edition and so the balance seems to be in Stormcast's favour but I also think that the points of the Stormcast are likely going up. I also think that people are assuming that the saves of the SCE are going to become standard but I think that they are going to be one of the most defensive armies in the game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I don't want to be doom and gloom but the stormcast rules are quite disheartening. They all seem to indicate powercreep to me.

Warclans might have some amazing synergy, but right now they look a lot worse than the stormcast. 

I think it seems right that Stormcast warscrolls look better at first glance than Kruleboyz. Stormcast are always being sold as a beginner army. If their rules are supposed to reflect that, their faction should probably be elite (which they have historically been at ~30 models per army) and mostly rely on the strength of their warscrolls with simlple to use allegiance abilities.

I believe in the new Stormcast rules, that is what we are seeing. Their warscrolls look good, especially their saves and attack profiles. But in the end, every stormcast has to do the damage of somewhere between two or three models of other armies to catch up, so that is fine overall if they get their points right. We have also seen the introduction of allegiance abilities that help Stormcast with their histrocially weak objetive play. Overall, if we are lucky, Stormcast might be a solid, easy to get into and play army that gets by on good fundamentals.

I agree that Kruleboyz are not looking too hot right now. But they are being sold as a tricksy army, so in this case we definitely need to see the whole picture to pass judgment.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

So a chariot with some mortal wounds on the charge and an average damage output of 4.5 and a hero with a bow dealing 3,3 dmg average (vs 4+ saves) is powercreep? There really is nothing shown so far to suggest any kind of meta defining synergy and of course we do not know any point values at all.

I agree, I don't see the powercreep either.

Stromcast units have a hard time carving out a niche because the Stormcast model range is so huge and they get to use Cities units as well. Doing some calculations, the Stormcast chariot looks solid, but not necessarily better than 2-3 Drakespawn Chariots or a Steam Tank, which Stormcast also get access to. So as long as it's ~200 points, there is not really any powercreep to speak of.

The Judicator is cool, though. A one-model hero sniper that fills out battalion is welcome. He competes with Doralia ven Denst in this role, so I guess 115+40 for two Gryph Hounds is what he should cost. Possibly competes with an updated Knight-Venator as well.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

I like the rules we‘ve seen so far, as they give us a glimpse of what’s to come going forward. 
No indication of power creep, cool but not overpowering rules. I like it a lot.

won‘t fix the problems that some current armies create, but I‘d rather have them be dealt with separately.

• Like 1

Duncan Rhodes new paint range 

While I have personally reduced my paint range from over 100 to about 12 (learn to mix, you'll paint better!), all power to Duncan for valuing himself where GW manifestly didnt and a hearty lol that as a consequence of GW's miserly approach to their talent, they now have to contend with an entire rival paint range 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

No worries, all other armies will look worse against them.

It's back right to the point where Space Mar... errr Stormcast have been introduced as their poster boys.

We are in for a tread of years and years of Stormcast releases with multiple books and myriads of models every month

while other guys don't see an update at all.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

4 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Well i would challenge you to a contest then.

I take the a Stormcast Chariot and you take a Warriors of Chaos chariot.

12 wounds, 3+ Save, 2 attacks 18" 3+3+, -1rend/ 2 attacks, 3+3+, -2rend/ 2 wounds

vs

7 wounds, 4+ save, no range, 2 attacks , 3+3+, -1 rend/ 2 wounds

I wonder who will win every time. In fact you won't even make it to my chariot.

If they leave it like that, the game is broken. If they fix the other faction, we have powercreep.

It's a wonderful choice

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Confused 3