The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I would like this but i think a lot of chaos players would ragequit if that happened.

Yeah I'm in that boat. I get the sentiment but my beasts of chaos are beasts of KHORNE. Lovingly converted and painted to represent their devotion to the great brass beast and I would be severely miffed if they swept away those years of lore.

Now I get it. Beastmen do appear and act very much in a way that might suit destruction but in my mind they are the true sons and daughters of chaos first and foremost.

In order my thoughts on what they do with beasts going forward. 

I want: BoC to remain a separate faction

I'd be happy with: BoC are souped into StD but done properly.

I expect: BoC are souped into StD but done poorly.

I'd possibly ragequit the army over: BoC are turned into a destruction faction.

To me the grand alliance's are defined by their gods. Pantheon of order, worshippers of chaos, followers of Gorkamorka, Nagash.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mutton said:

They really don't want to show any more Kruleboy rules.

We know more about Kruleboyz than ironjawz and bonesplitterz, they have based entire articles around 2-3 single rules on a few warscrolls and a few Kruleboyz clans, but nothing about the old orruks. Expect old orruks to again be the only factions without both terrain features and endless spells, now souped together 3 factions in total :/

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

We know more about Kruleboyz than ironjawz and bonesplitterz

Not really. We can assume IJ and BSP are going to stay mostly the same with some minor adjustments to stats/artifacts/traits/etc., based on what we've seen of their reboxed warscrolls. Their roles will remain in tact. Kruleboyz are a whole faction we barely know anything about. We don't know if their only allegiance abilities are their venom...we don't know what their ploys are...are there any other basic battleline? We haven't heard anything about their roster of bestial units (trolls, slogs, crocs). We don't even know what their banners and musicians do because we don't have them yet. There may have been more articles dedicated to a few of their rules over the OG orcs, but we still know far less about them in general.

Edited by Mutton

4 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Not really. We can assume IJ and BSP are going to stay mostly the same with some minor adjustments to stats/artifacts/traits/etc., based on what we've seen of their reboxed warscrolls. Their roles will be remain in tact. Kruleboyz are a whole faction we barely know anything about. We don't know if their only allegiance abilities are their venom...we don't know what their ploys are...are there any other basic battleline? We haven't heard anything about their roster of bestial units (trolls, slogs, crocs). We don't even know what their banners and musicians do because we don't have them yet. There may have been more articles dedicated to a few of their rules over the OG orcs, but we still know far less about them in general.

Well, we do know that some Ironjawz units got nerfed and we do know the whole roster of the book. Concerning Battleline there's not much that could change im that regard. Apart from Gutrippaz the only units are Boltboyz (already covered by Big Yellers subfaction), Sloggoths, Beastskewers (highly unlikely) and Hobgrotz. Everything else is heroes/leaders and there is nothing new coming. I guess the Mirebrute hero could make Sloggoths battleline and the Breakaboss could do the same for Hobgrotz. But I somewhat doubt it.

Beasts of chaos are the true children of chaos...changing that does'nt make much sense(same skaven).

I still don't get why most people want to lump everything into destruction also...i get that people does'nt like that the GA is just O&G,Ogre and Gargants but at least is coherent (imho they could just expand the Greenskins and ogres species also) but is better having new ideas than lumping other armies in and calling a day.

About the rumored/implied souping of beasts into slaves...i don't like too much the idea because BoC needs the options of being separated.

More so in Aos that expanded chaos to a whole grand alliance.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I don't want to sound rude, but anyone who thinks BoC should be in Destruction knows nothing about BoC. Read any page from their battletome and you'd know they're tied to Chaos at the deepest possible levels, even beyond some of the god-marked armies. And I'm sorry for even alluding to swearwords on this good, Sigmarite forum, but Chaos is in their name, ffs

Back to an actual rumor, but does the idea of them getting souped with S2D have any real teeth? I'd honestly believe that GW forgetting about them for some stuff is more likely.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't want to sound rude, but anyone who thinks BoC should be in Destruction knows nothing about BoC. Read any page from their battletome and you'd know they're tied to Chaos at the deepest possible levels, even beyond some of the god-marked armies. And I'm sorry for even alluding to swearwords on this good, Sigmarite forum, but Chaos is in their name, ffs

Beastmen are the most Chaosy Chaos mortal boys around. They were the origin seed for everything that came after them. Before there were lunkheads in black armor moseying about, beastmen had been living it up for aeons. They are the True Children of Chaos.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I think it might be a new warpsmith for CSM.

I actually disagree. I 100% believe those rumors about the new CSM stuff, including the Warpsmith. And you'd think immediately Warpsmith because of the tentacles. However, look at that stone the hammer is made out of. That doesn't match the aesthetics of any CSM weapon. For example, you might say its a Thunder Hammer, but the Chaos Lord from BSF has a well-cut stone hammer. This looks more rough. The existing Warpsmiths don't have crude-looking weapons either. What exactly is that stone? You could say Blackstone, but what Blackstone do we know of that's so roughly hewn? Off the top of my head, the only CSM with crude looking stone weapons (not Blackstone even) like that are Death Guard and Plaguebearers, with their swords.  

You know what does look similar to that type of stone? Warpstone looks similar when in Skaven weapons. But perhaps not Warpstone, but some other kind of realmstone? Say... the lore in Broken Realms about Archeon mining for Varanite? I think this may be Chaos Dwarfs, leaning more into the "Daemonsmith" aspect of their reimagining using Varanite to forge weapons.
image.png.c3ed3656d607e8cf607adce899e14f07.png

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I actually disagree. I 100% believe those rumors about the new CSM stuff, including the Warpsmith. And you'd think immediately Warpsmith because of the tentacles. However, look at that stone the hammer is made out of. That doesn't match the aesthetics of any CSM weapon. For example, you might say its a Thunder Hammer, but the Chaos Lord from BSF has a well-cut stone hammer. This looks more rough. The existing Warpsmiths don't have crude-looking weapons either. What exactly is that stone? You could say Blackstone, but what Blackstone do we know of that's so roughly hewn? Off the top of my head, the only CSM with crude looking stone weapons (not Blackstone even) like that are Death Guard and Plaguebearers, with their swords.  

You know what does look similar to that type of stone? Warpstone looks similar when in Skaven weapons. But perhaps not Warpstone, but some other kind of realmstone? Say... the lore in Broken Realms about Archeon mining for Varanite? I think this may be Chaos Dwarfs, leaning more into the "Daemonsmith" aspect of their reimagining using Varanite to forge weapons.

Idk the tendrils look almost one for one with maulerfiends. Not to mention the little engine looking thing between the tendrils. Way too mechanical imo. 

Do we have any solid basis to think Chorfs are even actually in the pipe other than us really wanting them and them being mentioned a lot in lore? I mean grottvag scuttlers still dong exist and kurnothi have actual models but no big release. Did I miss something?

47 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I'm loving this take mate!! 

I do wonder why Beasts of Chaos have been excluded twice now, both from the beginner's guide to factions and this new ability. Not to say they're getting squatted (I don't think so), but I do wonder if something is happening to them like a merger... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I do wonder why Beasts of Chaos have been excluded twice now, both from the beginner's guide to factions and this new ability. Not to say they're getting squatted (I don't think so), but I do wonder if something is happening to them like a merger... 

I agree. It cant be an oversight to exclude a Faction, and the very same Faction, multiple times over different articles. 

There was that hint from that person, cant remember who, who posted the picture of a Goat in reference to upcoming Chaos releases. I think there are three possibilities.

1. Beasts of Chaos is getting a massive refresh.

2. Beasts of Chaos is getting a name change.

3. A merger with Slaves to Darkness.

I dont believe nor think that BOC should join Destruction.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Idk the tendrils look almost one for one with maulerfiends. Not to mention the little engine looking thing between the tendrils. Way too mechanical imo. 

Do we have any solid basis to think Chorfs are even actually in the pipe other than us really wanting them and them being mentioned a lot in lore? I mean grottvag scuttlers still dong exist and kurnothi have actual models but no big release. Did I miss something?

Yes, two reasons actually. One, Grim Dark Live who were on the money about Dominion and the Kruleboyz completely including the name and units weeks in advance, said Chaos Dwarfs were coming sometime soon. The second reason I cannot share because it will actually get someone in trouble, but its something floating around a few groups that all but confirms it.

Also there's the Oathbreaker rumors, which I'm sad to say are totally fake. They were in the same batch that said GSG vs BoC boxed set and that the Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons boxed set had ALL new Grey Knights and not just the character.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

Yes, two reasons actually. One, Grim Dark Live who were on the money about Dominion and the Kruleboyz completely including the name and units weeks in advance, said Chaos Dwarfs were coming sometime soon. The second reason I cannot share because it will actually get someone in trouble, but its something floating around a few groups that all but confirms it.

Also there's the Oathbreaker rumors, which I'm sad to say are totally fake. They were in the same batch that said GSG vs BoC boxed set and that the Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons boxed set had ALL new Grey Knights and not just the character.

This is the information I was looking for thanks.

5 hours ago, FFJump said:

2 hours ago, FFJump said:

Alright, I’m about to go on a Chais Dwarf rant, please correct me if I’m wrong about anything.

from the posts above by @FFJump, comes a compelling picture that Chaos Dwarfs are on the way. The reason he-I’m going to assume you are male, @FFJump, out of habit- says this because of the following sources:

1. Grimdarklive mentioned evil beard bois are on there way after the Dominion preview.

2. Today’s Rumor Engine pic, which could also be the new Warpsmith for the upcoming massive CSM reboot for 9th edition.

3. An unnamed source (possibly a GW employee who lurks on this site or a similar board). 

4. The Oathtakers rumor that came out alongside the Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons box rumor.

Now, let’s go over what we “know.”

Chaos Dwarfs have been mentioned multiple times throughout AOS’s history, but have never been more than a nice snippet of lore if we exclude Forgeworld products. The earliest name for them was “Furnace Kings”, and was mentioned in The Realmgate Wars. We know that they have a presence in Shyish in the form of Zhar Vyxa, a massive oil rig that steals souls, and in Soulbound in the form of The Forge Anethema. There are more instances of them being mention, but this is just the stuff off the top of my head. 

with the Kruleboyz preview and lore drops we know that they are trading with the more cunning orruks via the Hobgrotz (see picture below).
image.jpeg.1b72ff60a9cbb11b496d61b43ad9da31.jpeg

From this picture we can tell that the Dawi-Zhar are once again active in the mortal realms. I can’t tell what the inspiration for the armor is, but I am going to assume it’s supposed to look like some industrial Assyrian/East Asian design in order to ties back to the original lore of both WFB hobgoblins and Chaos Dwarfs. 

In conclusion, we have a decent amount of evidence to support the release of plastics chaos dwarfs. We also have a decent picture of what they may look like. What we don’t know, is the following:

1. Lore

2. units

3. named characters

4. When they come out

• Like 6

Maybe the Beasts are being added to the relevant Chaos faction (Maggotkin, Blades … etc) so they can benefit from specific god abilities and add more unique variants like what they’ve been doing with Gors? Just a thought and would explain their absence in the recent articles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

I don't think they got missed for the beginners guide stuff:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/26/the-beasts-of-chaos-are-ready-to-rumble-with-the-new-editions-monstrous-rampage-rules/

And they even got a new-new FAQ to change some rules for ungor raiders and dragon ogres, so I'd agree with you that they are very unlikely to get squatted. I even doubt they will get souped tbh, I think they have enough identity that they will remain their own faction and just get updated rules.

9 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Expect old orruks to again be the only factions without both terrain features and endless spells

Hnnnn city of sigmar and soulbligth come to my mind as others armys with no terrain and endless spells.....oh and kharadrons and for sure we have many more

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

Back to an actual rumor, but does the idea of them getting souped with S2D have any real teeth? I'd honestly believe that GW forgetting about them for some stuff is more likely.

Because destruction got a random centaur god added to their list without any models to go along with it. I think he looks really out of place. Would it be awesome if we could run him along some beastman, yesh i think it would. Also their mindset is not that different from the kruleboyz. I still think gw wont ever move them to destruction but i get where people get the idea.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Il Maestro said:

I don't think they got missed for the beginners guide stuff:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/26/the-beasts-of-chaos-are-ready-to-rumble-with-the-new-editions-monstrous-rampage-rules/

And they even got a new-new FAQ to change some rules for ungor raiders and dragon ogres, so I'd agree with you that they are very unlikely to get squatted. I even doubt they will get souped tbh, I think they have enough identity that they will remain their own faction and just get updated rules.

Ahh sorry, not that beginner's guide - I meant the one which I think is in the Core Rule Book (not actually sure - maybe some other printed material, can't check at the moment) that goes over each grand alliance with some pictures of models (an alliance gets about a double page each). Beasts of Chaos were just skipped over even though there was enough room at the bottom of the page to include them (there was a picture of a battle instead); I don't believe any other faction was skipped.

That could just be a simple mistake, but with this new Tome Celestial, it looks like they were left off again. I don't think this is a sign of getting squatted, but it does make me wonder if something is happening with them soon, such as a name or faction change. I hope they stay their own thing in chaos, personally.