The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

This is all really cool, I knew each battletome would feature path to glory rules but upgrades for mounts and specific lore based rules are really cool. This even fits with my earlier idea of having Yndrasta's rules function as an upgrade for a Knight-Azyros.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Vk2NoykLbbC15PYw.jpg.50c0e43fd7fc3c0328cfb6e43b6ddd3e.jpg

Chorfs?!

It is interesting that this is my first thought but the vent and cables scream 40k chaos. I am hoping it is Darkmech related even if it is not a stand alone faction. I have said it before Darkmech would be the thing to get me to try out 40k even if it is just as a subfaction of CSM. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

This sounds cool, definitely firmly in the 40k crusade model. Given how well the 40k books have handled stuff like Blood Angels characters falling to the black rage or Sisters characters walking the path to sainthood/martyrdom, there's a good chance that the whole 'Stormcast warrior dies and returns changed' will be a cool anchor mechanic.

RE: rumour engine, I think CSM is a shoe-in and this rumoured Warpsmith is probably it. Those segemented cables are very similar to the mechadendrites you see on the existing Warpsmith, the helbrute, and the various daemon engines.

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

This sounds cool, definitely firmly in the 40k crusade model. Given how well the 40k books have handled stuff like Blood Angels characters falling to the black rage or Sisters characters walking the path to sainthood/martyrdom, there's a good chance that the whole 'Stormcast warrior dies and returns changed' will be a cool anchor mechanic.

RE: rumour engine, I think CSM is a shoe-in and this rumoured Warpsmith is probably it. Those segemented cables are very similar to the mechadendrites you see on the existing Warpsmith, the helbrute, and the various daemon engines.

That is really cool and it gives me hope that the Eye of the Gods rules for Slaves to Darkness may get an actual fix by being regulated to Path to Glory rather than a difficult to fulfill objective resulting in a random often negative/neutral effect. 

As I said in my last post I am really hoping that we get some new darkmech stuff. I will run multiple daemon engines, a knight, kitbash some Admech into Cultists and round it out with some Chaos Space Marines from the start collecting box. 

• Like 1

@Neverchosen This system would be perfect for that whole side of the StD.

Hell, it's worth remembering that the original Path to Glory was a campaign system specifically for chaos warriors (featuring ol' Engra himself from your avatar). Still hasn't been beaten, which goes to show how this whole crusade/path to glory pseudo-RPG advancement system was practically invented for chaos.

WARHAMMER PATH TO Glory Fighting With Chaos Warbands Booklet - £4.20 |  PicClick UK

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Vk2NoykLbbC15PYw.jpg.50c0e43fd7fc3c0328cfb6e43b6ddd3e.jpg

Chorfs?!

The recent rumours that detailed the Black Templars did mention a plastic Warpsmith as part of of a wave of new CSM kits with the date of after Jan 2022. That would be the closest fit I would guess. 

Is there a rough time between rumour engines being shown and being solved? 

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's most frequently around 3 months or so, but the longest time I can remember was nearly a year and the shortest was one week.

Didn't they have some Slaanesh models revealed and then release the rumour engine like the next day? 😆 I think it was the Twinsouls?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

The recent rumours that detailed the Black Templars did mention a plastic Warpsmith as part of of a wave of new CSM kits with the date of after Jan 2022. That would be the closest fit I would guess. 

Is there a rough time between rumour engines being shown and being solved? 

Usually we have an unveiling around Christmas, could this years be the Chaos Space Marines? Seems a safe bet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's most frequently around 3 months or so, but the longest time I can remember was nearly a year and the shortest was one week.

There's rumor engines now that haven't been revealed after a year and a half, and it's not the first time. From what I've seen, any timespan between "already revealed" and "two years" is a possibility.

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

Makes me wonder if there's some teeth to the rumor of beasts getting souped into S2D.

We'll know quite soon I guess, as there is an S2D update in the next White Dwarf, and Bob from War Of Sigmar implied that the October Chaos Battletome would be Beast Of Chaos. And yet I still hope it's Nurgle....

(Either that or it will get FAQed when the SCE tome is released OR the Beasts of Chaos faction becomes - against all lore and logic - Destruction :P).

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

It also makes sense to give something called a Warpsmith an actual hammer, hm. If the rumors are true, Chaos Space Marines are going to have one of the best model ranges out there...!

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

I'm sure that's the new Warpsmith. Exciting times ahead anyway :D

Hey guys, quick quiestion - do I uderstand it correctly, that only new battletomes and a few new models will be on preoder 18-19 and not new dragon models?

I've never done a preorder yet from a GW directy, but I really want to get those dragons, so apologies in advance for this and other questions that will follow.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Part of me is actually wondering if the reason their has been such an emphasis on Dawnbringer's is not simply for a rebranding of cities but a new unified identity within order. Namely I am wondering if Dawnbringer's will be reflected in the rumoured combined Duardin book as an aspect of the Dispossessed new identity. Less a focus on isolationist miners and more on craftsfolk helping build settlements in the mortal realms. 

Then we could have some Dawnbringer flavour in Duardin, Cities of Sigmar and Stormcast armies which would explain why there was such a huge emphasis on it in the Core rules. I know that Seraphon are terraforming parts of the mortal realms and that Morathi is kind of making big plays at spreading her cult so it could also thematically go beyond the armies I listed. 

I am not a big fan of the Crusade/Manifest Destiny plot but it does have some potential as a narrative theme for the edition that will hopefully result in the Chaos Gods realizing that they need to hold the lines and then wrecking some of the major cities leading into 4.0 with the armies of order more scattered than before. 

I am really hoping this as well! I'd like AOS to retain a level of nobledark so I'm slightly nervous about the 'crusade' aspect turning Order too far into grimdark. Would love to see Cities solidified as a unified front of humans, duardin, and aelves (and Stormcast)!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

Hey guys, quick quiestion - do I uderstand it correctly, that only new battletomes and a few new models will be on preoder 18-19 and not new dragon models?

Yes, from what they've announced, the preorders will be:

Battletome
Warscroll Cards
Special Dice
Knight-Judicator
Lord Arcanum + Evocator Prime (Re-packaged)
Stormstrike Chariot

• Thanks 1

I can't say for certain that I'd hate them to combine beasts and StD because it COULD be done well. I worry about losing out on the flavor of beasts and feel like that would be a HUGE tome if they just slap all those kits together, but who knows.

I'm not actually optimistic they would do a good job though considering how they treat beasts as the forgotten cousin of their red headed stepchild.

3 hours ago, Sleepa said:

Would be sweet if BoC becomes a Destruction faction with the return of Kragnos. Maybe they start worshipping a NEW god...

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I would like this but i think a lot of chaos players would ragequit if that happened.

I am a big fan of Grand Alliances for narrative purposes and for multiplayer battles. They also tie neatly into other game systems particularly if we ever get an AOS version Apocalypse or an 'epic' scale naval fleet game.  But I want more armies that can bridge alliances through ideological differences that would impact potential allies and some broader army rules. In other words I want Beasts of Chaos to remain but I would not be upset if there was a small group that worshipped Kragnos. Similarly I would like other factions to have the ability to follow different Gods. For example a City of Sigmar army that worships Nagash or has fallen to Chaos would be great. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1