The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Part of me is actually wondering if the reason their has been such an emphasis on Dawnbringer's is not simply for a rebranding of cities but a new unified identity within order. Namely I am wondering if Dawnbringer's will be reflected in the rumoured combined Duardin book as an aspect of the Dispossessed new identity. Less a focus on isolationist miners and more on craftsfolk helping build settlements in the mortal realms. 

Then we could have some Dawnbringer flavour in Duardin, Cities of Sigmar and Stormcast armies which would explain why there was such a huge emphasis on it in the Core rules. I know that Seraphon are terraforming parts of the mortal realms and that Morathi is kind of making big plays at spreading her cult so it could also thematically go beyond the armies I listed. 

I am not a big fan of the Crusade/Manifest Destiny plot but it does have some potential as a narrative theme for the edition that will hopefully result in the Chaos Gods realizing that they need to hold the lines and then wrecking some of the major cities leading into 4.0 with the armies of order more scattered than before. 

I'd prefer more Gorkamorka finally smashing through the realms responding to the order push.

Maybe with Gordrakk finally kickstarting a "colossal waagh" like the age of myth.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'd prefer more Gorkamorka finally smashing through the realms responding to the order push.

Maybe with Gordrakk finally kickstarting a "colossal waagh" like the age of myth.

I would love for Gordrakk to do some krumpin but i dont think he will so soon after Kragnos kicked his butt and took his Waaagh!

Edited by Iksdee

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'm hoping there is more to the Era of the Beast than just the Kruelboyz. We are only at the beginning of the Edition and Soulblight and Ossiarchs came later in the 'Death Edition' but I do hope there is another Broken Realms type series that has a narrative push for Destruction to become bigger players in the Realms.

Especially Ogor Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat. This isnt even coming from a biased standpoint, I just want these 2 Factions to have more of a Narrative impact. Perhaps a combined force of the 2 does same major power shifting in the time to come, destroying a major Free City or staking claim to their own patch within the Eight Points.

Also Duardin. We need big Duardin moves and fast!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I do hope there is another Broken Realms type series 

It would be nice to have one of these that does NOT lead to a new edition.

I also don't get why Battletomes aren't Spiral-Staplers like the new GHB, yet you can open the clamp to add new pages.
So GW could simply add new Rules in books and White Dwarfes, make them extractable from that book to be put into your Battletome-Spiral-Stapler... easy and always up-to-date.
Yes Spiral-Staplers don't look nice, yet it's utterly practical and it'd be great to keep up to date, add rules, change rules, rewrite rules and update rules.

EDIT: And it saves production costs *wink wink*

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

12 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Yes Spiral-Staplers don't look nice, yet it's utterly practical and it'd be great to keep up to date, add rules, change rules, rewrite rules and update rules.

Releasing Spiral-Staplers in 2021-2023 for factions in A4 would be quite hilarious, why not even make them whole file folders for all the FAQs, White Ddwarfs, Campaigns etc. 😁

I love my bound battletomes with all the art and lore to browse through. Just make all rules digital and update or add to them in the digital space, its that easy. The route they are going with the codes in tomes for apps is a good one (another one would be a monthly subscription for all rules without the codes) - we just need good apps which are always up to date.

• Like 1

I think battletomes are an outdated concept as a whole. If they would put all army rules and warscrolls in the app for all who like to play games and do a separate release for the books with just the lore and art and fluff for the people who are into that. I think all would be happy They could also just do broken realms style books without rules to showcase new lore and models.

Edit: Could be that they are moving towards that kind of thing now but they really need to upgrade the apps to another level. 

Edit: I'll make another topic for this.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 6

On 9/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, PrimeElectrid said:

Good: battletomes at last!

Bad: just two kits?? Wtf there’s like 10 on the Stormcast side alone. Are we going to be waiting until Xmas for this?

I like both the Stormcast and the Orruks. Glad there are "only" two kits, plus new book and cards for each released on the same week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I also don't get why Battletomes aren't Spiral-Staplers like the new GHB, yet you can open the clamp to add new pages.
So GW could simply add new Rules in books and White Dwarfes, make them extractable from that book to be put into your Battletome-Spiral-Stapler... easy and always up-to-date.

Quick mockups to drive home the point:

Spoiler

example1.png.325b070268d778cc9504e0206d7ba802.pngexample2.png.2c5757b84c07de1b93d22bde4bbcd4aa.pngexample3.png.10754ad0c815705c12fa7d74400a5304.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd love for there to be a narrative push DURING the Edition. I really dont want to have to wait another 2 and a half to 3 years to see the culmination of the Dawnbringer crusades. If we got another 3 book series in late 2022 that would be incredible.

36 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Vk2NoykLbbC15PYw.jpg.50c0e43fd7fc3c0328cfb6e43b6ddd3e.jpg

Chorfs?!

Chaos Duardin or Chaos Space Marines!! The piping leads me to believe its CSM alongside those rumours of new CSM in 2022.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Quick mockups to drive home the point:

Hide contents

example1.png.325b070268d778cc9504e0206d7ba802.pngexample2.png.2c5757b84c07de1b93d22bde4bbcd4aa.pngexample3.png.10754ad0c815705c12fa7d74400a5304.png

That's what I'm doing. I edited some pages to be updated with last FAQs. The whole album is less than 15 pages, easy to carry and has all things needed to play (with an spreed sheet with all 3.0 phases).

I could see them releasing battletomes like this at some time in the future like when they released the A5 codex for 40k last edition. 

A5 Rules-bundles. No lore, no fluff, just everything you'd need for the actual gameplay. Easy to edit, easy to add to... . No need for new battle tomes (way before their time), no need to bring additional books (Broken Realms style), just everything in one place.

Or they just up their app game and do the same but digital. ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I picked Chaos as I assumed that the next edition will be Order vs Chaos... but I realized we have yet to have Order vs Order so maybe civil strifes in the aftermath of the "colossal waagh". But I think this edition requires the settlements to be established and order to spread throughout the realms before something bad happening and forcing these scattered outposts to become the new norm for order.

I am still holding out hope that Destruction will burst through to Azyr opening up the heavens as a more playable area in the lore as the major event of 3.0. I would be especially pleased if there was a sentient species new to the lore in Azyr that will join the Destruction forces. Maybe the 'lesser drakes' like wyveryns and wyrms!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Vk2NoykLbbC15PYw.jpg.50c0e43fd7fc3c0328cfb6e43b6ddd3e.jpg

Chorfs?!

The protrusions on the back of the hammer look a bit like horns or something, but I think they are actually cables or rubber tubes of some kind. I would lean more towards 40k on this one for that reason. It looks a bit too SciFi.

Although looking at Kharadron models again, they sometimes have hammers with weird rubber tubes on them as well, so what do I know?

99070205012_ArkanautAdmiral02.jpg

Might be one of those ~D A R K  M I R R O R~ situations GW loves so much between Kharadron and Chorfs.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 1