The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This is extremely well put! I am loving the recent rules for named character models as they feel really characterful but as you point out they are not always the most balanced or geared towards competitive play. I typically only use named characters if the opponent is also using them or when going past 2000 points. 

Yndrasta will pose a bit of an issue as she is my favourite model in dominion and lacks a generic alternate warscroll and I am intentionally keeping my stormcast army relatively small. However, I also love the angelic look particularly as a counter to my demon prince and have developed a narrative around that opposition.

Could you not use her as a Knight-Azyros? 

Her base is bigger sure but I can't see anyone objecting to that. 

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Could you not use her as a Knight-Azyros? 

Her base is bigger sure but I can't see anyone objecting to that. 

This is a great idea! I could even have her start as a Knight-Azyros/Knight-Venator and upgrade her to Yndrasta's profile during a narrative campaign. 

Hopefully proxying her as a Knight-Azyros will also net me enough points to add the beautiful new dragon riders into my army. Although, I feel like I will likely round out my army with a pair of ballistas and a Lord Ordinator. But as points seem to be trending upward I am not planning on anything in particular and might find myself closer to a complete 2000 point army than I realize. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

50? I checked a currency converter and it said £30 is around $41 or so. If that is GW prices before third party discount, wouldn't you only be paying 36 or so?

As stated by Heijoshin GW do not base its global pricing on current currency value. It also caps online third party discounts at 15% in the us and those prices do not include sales tax added later on so even going to a discounter it will be about $47 after tax

6 hours ago, Rachmani said:

(From a consistency & lore PoV, we all know that tournament success might be based off of different factors.)

It doesn't matter if they make a model with 10 attacks, rend 4 and damage 5, it still will not beat Gotrek for his 430 points. The only thing right now that can shift this balance is if ward save ignoring rules pop up more, which also kind of defeats the purpose of wards in the first place... 

As you well put it, tournament success depends so much more on stacking synergies in a given army, expect of course Gotrek who could probably defeat every single unit in the game, if they lined up and came at him 1 unit at a time. Scarbrand, Mawkrushas, mega gargants, it doesn't matter. 

I will agree in any other context the newer characters for Stormcast does appear to be very cool and thematic, as they both can put out some hurt while also doing things for the army and opening synergies for play, even if it is not meta defining synergy (time will tell).

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a nudge but can we get back to rumours please.

If you want to discuss the new battletome costings, please start a new topic but remember to keep it constructive. 

The topic came up three hours ago. Is it already past the time span to still be a rumour, is it too confirmed to still be a rumour, or is the tone too negative?!

I am really interested why exactly this warrants a mod call. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

The topic came up three hours ago. Is it already past the time span to still be a rumour, is it too confirmed to still be a rumour, or is the tone too negative?!

While I don't speak for the mods, we all know what will happen, there will be pages of moaning about the cost of GW. 

18 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Wilhelm Chaney previewed today.

5C854BB8-01E0-409B-A618-386ABA713F96.jpeg

And Stig Shambler for Necromunda.

D2840C9E-DCA1-4C93-A94E-F930DE1AB9F3.png

I love how Wilhelm Chaney's model matches the artwork! Awesome looking model!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Just a nudge for information 😉

Probably didn’t help I was in a uninteresting meeting and then got asked a question during composing the reply 😭

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

I'm really curious to see the size of this model and if I can replace the head with a Dire Wolf or Thunderwolf so I can have a Skin-Wolf for my Darkoath army. Proxy him as a Chaos Lord on Foot maybe...

5C854BB8-01E0-409B-A618-386ABA713F96.jpeg

It’ll most likely be similar in size to the existing Necromantic werewolves which are roughly human-sized:image.jpeg.779b6fdeed2a9eb605c0efa2f33b1313.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I've been perusing the Ole RE and I believe that these 2 may possibly be the same model. With it seeming like all the SCE have been unveiled could this be for a Dawnbringer/COS Underworlds Warband?

HlaoJCMsypp3VxwW.jpg.598dbfd553ff2cad6104225af6c15669.jpg

2021-05-11.jpg

Whatever it is is ready for anything! 

A big clever, hammer, stakes, big poles of some sort. Could be someone going camping. 

Battletome: Boy Scouts confirmed! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Part of me is actually wondering if the reason their has been such an emphasis on Dawnbringer's is not simply for a rebranding of cities but a new unified identity within order. Namely I am wondering if Dawnbringer's will be reflected in the rumoured combined Duardin book as an aspect of the Dispossessed new identity. Less a focus on isolationist miners and more on craftsfolk helping build settlements in the mortal realms. 

Then we could have some Dawnbringer flavour in Duardin, Cities of Sigmar and Stormcast armies which would explain why there was such a huge emphasis on it in the Core rules. I know that Seraphon are terraforming parts of the mortal realms and that Morathi is kind of making big plays at spreading her cult so it could also thematically go beyond the armies I listed. 

I am not a big fan of the Crusade/Manifest Destiny plot but it does have some potential as a narrative theme for the edition that will hopefully result in the Chaos Gods realizing that they need to hold the lines and then wrecking some of the major cities leading into 4.0 with the armies of order more scattered than before. 

• Like 2