The Rumour Thread

TBH i'm glad they'll putting out first the tomes..rules and changes are pivotal for the shopping list to some extent.
Considering i'm probably making a mix of Kruleboyz and Ironjawz i want to see if it's feasible without being forced to play only some units and without much interaction.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

HERE WE GO MORTALS!! It feels like forever but we are here!!

Super excited for all the SCE and Warclans players to finally be getting their hands and claws on the BTs and some models next week.

We need to remember that yes, this isnt their whole range at once but it's the start!! And if we have AOS releases every week for the next month can we really complain? 

Next up the Chaos BT announcement!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

8W, 3+ save, 4+ ward on that named stormcast hero 🤮

Edit: And he heals ALL WOUNDS if he slays ANY MODELS? Please tell me I'm misreading that.

Yep:
Save 3+// 8 wounds // 10 bravery  //  move 6"

• Big Hammer: 2", 4 Attacks, 3+/2+/-2rend/ 4 damage
  • Once per turn, chose an enemy unit in the battlefield and roll a number of dice equal to their wound characteristic. For every 6, that enemy takes 1 mortal wound.
  • At the start of the battleround, select 1D3 Hammers of Sigmar and redeploy them. Any restrictions from the battleplan still apply.
  • Can issue a Command to any Hammers of Sigmar unit on the battlefield without spending any CP.
  • Ward 4+
  • At the end of any phase, if this model slain any model, heal all the wounds allocated to this model.
Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Those Limited Edition Battletomes are a let down. I quite liked that the previous versions lacked the big AGE OF SIGMAR logo since it allowed more room for the art to feel like a proper piece, given the logo was redundant when the LE wasn't going on shop shelves.

On the other hand I like that they've gone to more simple - see: readable and rollable - designs for dice these days.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Happy to finally see the tomes, but the initial mini lineup sure leaves much to be desired, oh well, did not expect anything this week, so at least getting the rules out there is going to be nice :)

Wonder if this is due to shipping problems in the UK tbh. Oh well, fine to see them drawn out. Wonder if the rest of the Sacrosanct Soul Wars will be in an SC bundle? 

2 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

8W, 3+ save, 4+ ward on that named stormcast hero 🤮

Edit: And he heals ALL WOUNDS if he slays ANY MODELS? Please tell me I'm misreading that.

Obviously it depends on points but trying to one shot 8 wounds on a 3/2+ armor save followed by a 4+ ward doesnt sound fun for a lot of armies lol.

Bah but I'm probably over reacting, stormcast are almost never the most competitive army except when. Nobody else has a book so im sure itll balance out.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 2

If SCE are solidly in the upper field they’re done right. At least if you want them as an easy entrance into AoS.

The dude reads about right. Powerful, probably not that cheap in points and, let’s not forget, he‘s not riding a monster. He‘s just a 6“ tough guy.

Edited by Rachmani

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/05/sunday-preview-two-new-battletomes-and-a-whole-new-show-on-warhammer/

Can't believe I'm saying this but Battletomes next week! 

Also the Soul Wars exclusive Lord-Arcanum sprue as a webstore exclusive so we can expect the Nighthaunt leaders to get the same treatment 

the Knight Incantor isn't in the pack?? It's an Evocator Prime which is a unit leader... that announcement has me extremely confused. You can't do anything with the prime without 4 more bodies + can't get the Incantor anywhere but ebay or if you find one of the old starter boxes

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Those Limited Edition Battletomes are a let down. I quite liked that the previous versions lacked the big AGE OF SIGMAR logo since it allowed more room for the art to feel like a proper piece, given the logo was redundant when the LE wasn't going on shop shelves.

On the other hand I like that they've gone to more simple - see: readable and rollable - designs for dice these days.

it looked like the same exact picture to me :/ I was considering getting the limited but if I can't tell the difference at a glance then it's not worth the bigger pricetag

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

the Knight Incantor isn't in the pack?? It's an Evocator Prime which is a unit leader... that announcement has me extremely confused. You can't do anything with the prime without 4 more bodies + can't get the Incantor anywhere but ebay or if you find one of the old starter boxes

Unfortunately the Soul Wars sprue for the Lord Arcanum just has that one Evocator on it as well. The Knight Incantor is on a different sprue.

• Sad 1

It’s a quirk of the sprue but really, an Evocator-Prime and a Knight-Incantor look 99% the same, just a slightly different top to their staff. Hence the mounted Evocators kit being able to build a character too.

You could run this dude as a Knight-Incantor and no one reasonable will care, if they even notice. Maybe paint his crest in a different colour or give him a bare head if you’re running regular Evocators in the same force.

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

the cheapest way to get a knight incantor was from 2nd ed magazine or Mortal Realms collection. 

Currently you can get an Incantor from Stormsire Cursebreaker's box or build one from the evocator's box. 

And like @sandlemad said, since the weapons are the same, you could run the prime as an incantor.

I thought that they were going to do a couple start collecting sets with both halves of the Soul Wars box, but taking of the lord arcanum seems weird... 

• Thanks 1

Also I somehow missed Lord-Commander Bastian Carthalos sneaky Warscroll preview (clearly distracted by that Chaos Model)! Seriously I think that he captures the epic Primarch feel with such casualness that it is insane. Seriously he is in the pantheon of Sigvald and Morathi tier of named character sculpts for me. I hope that Chaos Undivided get a rival champion such as a resurrected Chrom, Wulfrik, or Engra Deathsword.

Between Yndrasta, New named Dragons, and my pal Carthalos I am curious how they will have rework the Celestant Prime? I still like the model, but the others are just so much cooler and their rules are all really great. I hope the ol' Prime at least gets the priest keyword going forward.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, Still-young said:

I dunno. It would be a pretty big change for the avatar design from cracked lava type entity to just a muscley boy. 

I agree but we haven't seen much of the model pre se.  And GW can move away from that cracked lava if they want.  But valid point.  

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Also I somehow missed Lord-Commander Bastian Carthalos sneaky Warscroll preview (clearly distracted by that Chaos Model)! Seriously I think that he captures the epic Primarch feel with such casualness that it is insane. Seriously he is in the pantheon of Sigvald and Morathi tier of named character sculpts for me. I hope that Chaos Undivided get a rival champion such as a resurrected Chrom, Wulfrik, or Engra Deathsword.

Between Yndrasta, New named Dragons, and my pal Carthalos I am curious how they will have rework the Celestant Prime? I still like the model, but the others are just so much cooler and their rules are all really great. I hope the ol' Prime at least gets the priest keyword going forward.

Both the Lord-Commander & Yndrasta have a very cool feel to them without the need for a gazillion wounds etc. They're both "in line" with the rest of the SC and a good chunk above them through their special rules. I'm really pleased with the poster boys (and girls) so far. They appear to shape up great. 

(From a consistency & lore PoV, we all know that tournament success might be based off of different factors.)

• Like 5