The Rumour Thread

I'm personally not really sure I like 4+ saves on big monsters better than 3+. Even considering how strong god models are right now. In my mind, 3+ seems appropriate for a big, armoured monster. Even getting to 2+ with a save buff would not be too problematic without rend stacking and easy heroic recovery. You can still break through a 2+ save in a few turns if you have rend -2 or just lots of rend -1. And honestly, if I look at a unit like Nagash who is very nearly 1000 points now, you should not be able to kill him or make him useless in a turn by hitting him with one of your hammers and maybe some shooting.

I think the current save values and ease of buffing saves would be fine if you could not stack to protect against rend. If big monsters were capped at 2+, no rerolls or easy ignore rend, things would honestly probably be managable.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:
2 hours ago, SunStorm said:

How many people play the game currently using just the free warscrolls and not the associated army books?

I play with the (digital) BT but I use the freely available warscrolls on the freely available app (rest in peace) *all the time* to check both my units' and the opponent's warscrolls. So this looks more and more likely to result in (another) straight downgrade of my experience with AoS

For me money is tight. I rely on the free warscrolls. I can justify £25 for the Cities tome, just, but if I then have to buy the SCE and Sylvaneth tomes to have the rules for all my units then that's £75 just for the rules for my army. And against family finances I can't justify that.

Even worse is not being able to research what my opponents might be bringing to the table. Am I meant to buy the tome for every faction I might face?

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Thanks for the tag mate just read this article now, oh boi! I preferred it when they didn't believe The Emperor was a God, and just venerated him as THE greatest being of all humanity, but this right here is exactly why I love the Templars, just brothers utterly driven to their cause and will fight on no matter what stands in their way. 

I shall finally achieve my final form once the army box is released. 

Hope it's straight back to AoS after that!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Hopefully we get a roadmap in the next few weeks for Underworlds. Just like they did for last Season. 

We dont even need dates on it just the sequenchel order the Warbands are going to release alongside their Factions Glyph. Thatll generate some hype and rumours!! 

I believe we may see the next Season kick off in January and become a Jan-Dec event before Season 6 in January 2023. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Thanks for the tag mate just read this article now, oh boi! I preferred it when they didn't believe The Emperor was a God, and just venerated him as THE greatest being of all humanity, but this right here is exactly why I love the Templars, just brothers utterly driven to their cause and will fight on no matter what stands in their way. 

I shall finally achieve my final form once the army box is released. 

Hope it's straight back to AoS after that!

How the hell is this related to AOS rumours?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Seeing as there are only 3 Saturdays left in the month, we could get the announcement that the SCE and OW stuff is going on pre order next week. 

I'm hoping for something like this 

11th - week 1 of AoS preorders, last lot of 40k orks

18th - week 2 of aos preorders, some boxed game stuff maybe. 

27th - Black templar army box. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Seeing as there are only 3 Saturdays left in the month, we could get the announcement that the SCE and OW stuff is going on pre order next week. 

I'm hoping for something like this 

11th - week 1 of AoS preorders, last lot of 40k orks

18th - week 2 of aos preorders, some boxed game stuff maybe. 

27th - Black templar army box. 

I'd love for this to happen!!

• Like 3

I honestly don't think the AoS app is remotely close to finished so i highly doubt we are gonna get battletome preorders before the last weekend of September, and im not sure we will even then. This is probably one of the worst releases of a new edition i have ever seen.

Edited by Benkei
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Am I crazy or did warhammer+ originally say it came with beta access to the app? Assuming I'm remembering correctly than has anyone gotten beta access or is it really that far from launching?

Pretty sure it was full access to the app, minus the stuff in the new battletomes, and maybe, if it's ready  the list building software