The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Imho, that should be good news for every AoS player! Let's be honest, tankcrushas are a thing and half of AoS armies can't deal with this monsters.

I hope that Archaon, Nagash, Gotrek, Morathi, etc... are the next ones. 

I think it's pretty terrible news for destruction. They get to be fair and balanced in a world of Gotrek & Archaon. Was Gordrakk and mawcrushas causing problems... no.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Giving warscrolls a worse save doesn't actually fix the save stacking problem.

The biggest issue with save stacking is it completely negates units with -1 or -2 rend, causing those units to lose most of their value in favor of anything that can do mortals.

But they need resources to do that, and doesn't matter what they do, tankcrusha will have 3+ save or worst, that's better than 2+!!

Still with Ward 5+, but that's another story...

Btw, we already saw some -2 and -3 rend in some SCE and Orruks warscrolls, that's something to take in mind.

10 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

I think it's pretty terrible news for destruction. They get to be fair and balanced in a world of Gotrek & Archaon. Was Gordrakk and mawcrushas causing problems... no.

That's because a world with Archaon & Gotreks is boring. Don't follow them, instead, remove (I mean nerf) them!! Archaon already lost his rerolls of 6 when he was hit, time to nerf Gotrek & all other 3+ Kaijus!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

But they need resources to do that, and doesn't matter what they do, tankcrusha will have 3+ save or worst, that's better than 2+!!

Still with Ward 5+, but that's another story...

Btw, we already saw some -2 and -3 rend in some SCE and Orruks warscrolls, that's something to take in mind.

That's because a world with Archaon & Gotreks is boring. Don't follow them, instead, remove (I mean nerf) them!! Archaon already lost his rerolls of 6 when he was hit, time to nerf Gotrek & all other 3+ Kaijus!!

My issue is that they are not touching the actual Kaijus. They are just nerfing already ok units that were not causing any issues.

So maybe in 2 years time when they get to fixing the actual problems, this will feel like a good thing for the game.

Until then, destructions expensive monsters are just going to end up objectively worse than the other alliance’s kaijus.

1 minute ago, C0deb1ue said:

My issue is that they are not touching the actual Kaijus. They are just nerfing already ok units that were not causing any issues.

How do you know? Usually, warscrolls are changed when their battletome is released (and some Kaijus already had a minor nerf in the last FAQ).

And we don't know what are we going to see in the first two battletomes for 3.0!!

Btw, did you see that Kruleboy's Artillery? It seems good for big Kaijus!! Maybe we are going to see more mechanics that indirectly touch/nerf all Kaijus.

20 minutes ago, Beliman said:

How do you know? Usually, warscrolls are changed when their battletome is released (and some Kaijus already had a minor nerf in the last FAQ).

And we don't know what are we going to see in the first two battletomes for 3.0!!

Btw, did you see that Kruleboy's Artillery? It seems good for big Kaijus!! Maybe we are going to see more mechanics that indirectly touch/nerf all Kaijus.

I think it’s called the wisdom of  knee ****** reaction

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Might be the way going forwards for big stuff. Rather than giving it better saves, will just have average save and more wounds 

This is how it was since the beginning of AoS and it always annoyed me. Wounds is NOT a good way to represent how tough something is due to multiple damage weapons 

Do we have a list of the kits that have the updated rules in them?

Is it only Orruk Warclans and Stormcast that have the updated Warscrolls or are the rolling reworks being introduced to other armies? Is that a good indication of which armies may get future updates or will it always be announced prior to the rerelease of boxes? 

I want to know as this can and likely will inform my purchasing habits for units.

Edited by Neverchosen

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Do we have a list of the kits that have the updated rules in them?

Is it only Orruk Warclans and Stormcast that have the updated Warscrolls or are the rolling reworks being introduced to other armies? Is that a good indication of which armies may get future updates or will it always be announced prior to the rerelease of boxes? 

I want to know as this can and likely will inform my purchasing habits for units.

I guessing reboxing will happen when each battletome comes out. I do not believe any other army has gotten new red boxes other then those two

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I'll be the first to admit something I hadn't thought of. If the boxes come with the warscroll then it increases the chance that GW isnt getting rid of free online warscrolls. 

The warscrolls we are seeing from reboxings are the same way 40K includes the datasheets, but you need the app and/or codex to actually use them as they don’t have any of the rules only characteristics.

so far, none of the new Stormcast or Kruelboyz have their warscrolls available for download. The fact said models are only available in starter sets currently is irrelevant as Soul Wars still had the warscroll downloads. Additionally, the only time prior to this that a warscroll was not posted until a later date after the models release was The Crimson Court underworlds warband who’s warscroll was not posted until the battletome went up for preorder. Worth noting that the Bonesplitterz warband was released after them and yet had its warscroll posted as normal, so I’m not convinced that waiting for the battletome is the reason. Unfortunately it really does look like free PDF warscrolls are gone and you’ll need the app or battletomes going forward 

Edited by Joseph Mackay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

The warscrolls we are seeing from reboxings are the same way 40K includes the datasheets, but you need the app and/or codex to actually use them as they don’t have any of the rules only characteristics.

Yep, it seems it is going to be like that:

image.png.8260fbc5ee8b845d8c51f34c2c252307.png

"For the full rules for this unit, see the battletome relevant to your army" 💩

• Sad 6

• Subscriber

For me having the warscrolls available online is good when I want to check a unit for an army I don't own, but often without the allegiance rules, etc they don't tell the full story. 

How many people play the game currently using just the free warscrolls and not the associated army books?

44 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Ironclad 4+ save please 

I

wouldn’t mind it.

although yet, the question remains.

can three buffed rattling guns take down an ironclad with a 2+ save, considering that he can’t be given a better save then that

unless I’m mistaken.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

For me having the warscrolls available online is good when I want to check a unit for an army I don't own, but often without the allegiance rules, etc they don't tell the full story. 

How many people play the game currently using just the free warscrolls and not the associated army books?

I play with the (digital) BT but I use the freely available warscrolls on the freely available app (rest in peace) *all the time* to check both my units' and the opponent's warscrolls. So this looks more and more likely to result in (another) straight downgrade of my experience with AoS

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

can three buffed rattling guns take down an ironclad with a 2+ save, considering that he can’t be given a better save then that

I don't know how skavens works (sorry), but an Ironclad can stack:

•  An ironclad can only use All out Defense and Mystic Shield from an allied unit because we don't have any mage or a Hero with an Arcane Tome. So +2 save max stack.
  • A gunhauler can give 6+++ to an Ironclad if it's close.
  • An Ironclad has a 3+save at the moment, the request is to make it 4+ save (if anyone want to do some maths).

We could do some maths for other units like Nagash, Gotrek, Archaon, Allarielle, Mawcrusha, Kragnos and see how good they are vs rend and mortal wounds, taking in consideration Heroic Actions, Monstruous Rampage, Artefacts, Mount Traits, Traits, etc... that will give a bit of scope to how good/terrible are some centerpieces tanking damage.

Edited by Beliman

14 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

mawcrushas

They were. Tripple Cabbage was un-counterable for a chunk of armies.

Edit: I really don‘t get Destruction players. Didn’t you know that the only Job of Orcs was to die in droves? :D

Srsly, imo destruction already has quite a lot of tools. No reason to lose your mind over a needed change to mawcrushers (which even become crushier)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They were. Tripple Cabbage was un-counterable for a chunk of armies.

I guess those armies should get a buff then, tripple cabbage is terrible, no mount trait or artifacts for all of them drastically reduces the value, see how anyone with a bit of screening and firepower would tear that apart. 4+ base saves will drastically reduce their use in the current meta, no matter how much they improve their baseline damage. Only way I would reconsider is if they get a built in 5+ ward like stonehorns, otherwise the MK is so so much worse than a Stonehorn with the new rules, especially if running multiples.

• Like 2