The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

So White Dwarf is going to be the way to update armies that aren't on the near-term Battletome schedule. Sons of Behemat was representative of this then. 

With respect to the next book, I think the Chaos BT is either Khorne, Beasts, or maybe Nurgle.

My bet is either Nurgle 3.0 with pestigors or Chaos Duardin.

Beasts of chaos are in the same situation as slaves to darkness. 

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I made a nurgle marked beast mage in WHFB and painted it like a skunk when I was a teenager. I will always think of Pestigors as Skunks 😆

That's actually a pretty damn nice idea. :D If I didn't hate all things Nurgle (I have to... or face spawndom), I'd totally steal that idea!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nos said:

Thanks, I got bored waiting for the new stuff so it's sort of become a redux of classic orcs and goblins at this point, am just painting stuff that "fits"

By the same token I got bored of waiting for the mirebrute troggoth and vulture so looks like I'm adding some rockgut troggoth and a mega gargant now 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can never go wrong with a Gargant!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

That's actually a pretty damn nice idea. :D If I didn't hate all things Nurgle (I have to... or face spawndom), I'd totally steal that idea!

Run them your army as Gavspawn and when you get turned into a chaos spawn it will be a blessing... that kinda three dimensional chess will get you promoted to a Tzeentch Demon Prince so you'd be Spawnprince! 

But as someone that can barely afford one army developing a narrative around opposing factions has been one of my favourite aspects of the hobby. The conflict between my Slaves to Darkness, Stormcast, and Ogors has become a really fun world to play within and the fact that I developed a narrative in which each army feels justified makes it more fun to play these engagements from different angles. I have been really considering getting some Khorne and Slaanesh demons to my Slaves to Darkness to have a schism within my undivided army with growing factions of dissent and also to put me in a position to start a Legion of the First Prince or 40k Demon army. Sadly I can no longer find Wrath and Rapture anywhere at retail price. 😢 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

You can never go wrong with a Gargant!!

@Nos' is firing on all cylinders on this project and I cannot wait to see that Mega Gargant! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

6d283032-2c34-4fa2-8105-dc3f3208e9da.jpg.8025e32d36b7ace23b0538442db493d4.jpga795f413-6233-4ac5-a2ad-5ba817e3cf4c.jpg.a84284f05818b6ab0d1d5393ed708625.jpg

Great catch!

Well, that clears 2 rumor engines! The vulture and the spear head!

Obviously, there's still a little left or the Kruel Boyz, though just how much remains to be seen. Looks like there's still hope for that "wolf" cavalry!

My money's on this lad being a support hero. Perhaps a priest? Hopefully, he appears in the battletome and is released alongside or after the books come out.

• Haha 1

But... I love this model!!!! He looks amazing!!! But... guys... He's going to be another hero, isn't he?!

Edit:

Just realized after reading comments on Instagram: Most likely he's just a different unit champion built from the complete Gutrippaz box. 

Edited by Maogrim

Yeah i also think he looks like a unit champion.

36 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Obviously, there's still a little left or the Kruel Boyz, though just how much remains to be seen. Looks like there's still hope for that "wolf" cavalry!

After all the things kruleboyz joining orruk warclans i am hoping for some wolf riders joining rippas snarlfangs at some point :D.

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Run them your army as Gavspawn and when you get turned into a chaos spawn it will be a blessing... that kinda three dimensional chess will get you promoted to a Tzeentch Demon Prince so you'd be Spawnprince! 

But as someone that can barely afford one army developing a narrative around opposing factions has been one of my favourite aspects of the hobby. The conflict between my Slaves to Darkness, Stormcast, and Ogors has become a really fun world to play within and the fact that I developed a narrative in which each army feels justified makes it more fun to play these engagements from different angles. I have been really considering getting some Khorne and Slaanesh demons to my Slaves to Darkness to have a schism within my undivided army with growing factions of dissent and also to put me in a position to start a Legion of the First Prince or 40k Demon army. Sadly I can no longer find Wrath and Rapture anywhere at retail price. 😢 

@Nos' is firing on all cylinders on this project and I cannot wait to see that Mega Gargant! 

:D A very good plan indeed but I really don't have the time to collect another army. I'm so busy with what I have, I'll never get another army done.😅

• Subscriber

The shield and spear to seem to link him to the Gutrippaz unit, so he could well be a unit champion from the upcoming mulitpart box. Although I don't think the pose matches any of the 10 body shapes shown off below (assuming the weapon variants share the same legs/body):

image.png.006e8285d6ee65e895918d873724490f.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

The shield and spear to seem to link him to the Gutrippaz unit, so he could well be a unit champion from the upcoming mulitpart box. Although I don't think the pose matches any of the 10 body shapes shown off below (assuming the weapon variants share the same legs/body):

image.png.006e8285d6ee65e895918d873724490f.png

The body is too much different. He could be another Murknob.

• Like 3

Ah, there go the dreams of a new BCR mini with a frost spear and a vulture. Oh well.

Hard to tell if this dude's a unit champion though. That seems like it'd be more plausible and would fit with the statements that we've seen everything, if he's just an optional champion build. But then he really doesn't seem all that similar to the dudes we've seen in any of his (blurry, partially obscured) details: those particular legs, the hanging shawl under his right arm.

Which could be fine, it could be that the kit has a unique torso/vulture/etc for a champion and it's not like we've seen what the spear-orks build out of the multipart kit yet.

Maybe he's one of the WHU dudes, though it would be a little odd to see him appear on his own in an image like this. Can't think of any battletomes I've seen where they've done that with any WHU kits.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

That seems the likely answer. Here's hoping for a couple more like that in the set.

That would be a first time they sneak in an underworld model into promotional material for an AoS army wouldn't it? I have my doubts about this at least, but of course can not deny it is possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

6d283032-2c34-4fa2-8105-dc3f3208e9da.jpg.8025e32d36b7ace23b0538442db493d4.jpga795f413-6233-4ac5-a2ad-5ba817e3cf4c.jpg.a84284f05818b6ab0d1d5393ed708625.jpg

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Great catch!

Well, that clears 2 rumor engines! The vulture and the spear head!

My money's on this lad being a support hero. Perhaps a priest? Hopefully, he appears in the battletome and is released alongside or after the books come out.

37 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Ah, there go the dreams of a new BCR mini with a frost spear and a vulture. Oh well.

Hard to tell if this dude's a unit champion though. That seems like it'd be more plausible and would fit with the statements that we've seen everything, if he's just an optional champion build. But then he really doesn't seem all that similar to the dudes we've seen in any of his (blurry, partially obscured) details: those particular legs, the hanging shawl under his right arm.

Which could be fine, it could be that the kit has a unique torso/vulture/etc for a champion and it's not like we've seen what the spear-orks build out of the multipart kit yet.

Maybe he's one of the WHU dudes, though it would be a little odd to see him appear on his own in an image like this. Can't think of any battletomes I've seen where they've done that with any WHU kits.

I'm so happy for Kruelboyz loverz that there are more models to be shown or may be coming!! But my Ogor loving self is a tad sad that this means no new BCR Frostlord or dismounted Underworlds Warband Frost Lord/King!!

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I hope it's for Underworlds. As a Fyreslayers player who's been eyeing up getting into Kruelboyz, having a billion Heroes compared to few units is very boring. 

Speaking of the Beard Jaws, I really hope Fyreslayers get a Warband this Season. 

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Speaking of the Beard Jaws, I really hope Fyreslayers get a Warband this Season. 

Another one ?

Well, maybe as in intro to a new unit then, that could be interesting !

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I hope it's for Underworlds. As a Fyreslayers player who's been eyeing up getting into Kruelboyz, having a billion Heroes compared to few units is very boring. 

I's hard to see but the rim of the base doesn't appears to be black like the recent underworld warbands, so...

Maybe a White Dwarf or event exclusive Hero for KruleboyZ ?

43 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Another one ?

Well, maybe as in intro to a new unit then, that could be interesting !

I's hard to see but the rim of the base doesn't appears to be black like the recent underworld warbands, so...

Maybe a White Dwarf or event exclusive Hero for KruleboyZ ?

Absolutely!! Much like Crimsom Court it could be a precursor to showing what a new wave of Fyreslayers could be!! 

I'd just love some form of Duardin in this Season; KO, Fyreslayers or Disspossessed could hopefully show up. 

Or dare I say, Chaos Duardin.

• LOVE IT! 1