The Rumour Thread

I am tempted, it will be my first white dwarf since I was a teenager. 

I really hope that they eventually update the Eye of the Gods Table. I think it would be cool if it worked on a point system like the other Chaos factions and depending on the mark of the general they would follow the basic point proceeder of their associated god. Undivided will need a new method for gaining points as slaying a hero/monster is a pretty inconsistent way to generate points. What would happen is that as you gained points you could spend them on the chart for your chosen blessing. I would update spawndom to retain the flavour of the original, but function as an upgrade by following the rules of Gift of Morghur, namely if the hero is slain they are replaced by a spawn. I would think of it as their failure is punished by the gods by turning them into a spawn a fate worse than death if you are not already a Beast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

I really hope that they eventually update the Eye of the Gods Table.

In general this tires into how inconsistent StD are with their allegiance abilities. Only some non named characters, and not all of them, got eye of the gods, most of these are entirely too feeble to actually achieve killing another hero or monster... Also the marks are incredibly inconsistent and they just plastered warcry units and other stuff in there, which does not tie into the allegiance abilities at all. Like why is the darkoath chieftain unable to take a mark of chaos while marauders are able to??? it makes no sense! 

Will probably be disappointed in the WD update, but eh, still interested in seeing whatever they come up with, I really dislike the entre wholly within 12" aura system, it would be lovely to see something else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

In general this tires into how inconsistent StD are with their allegiance abilities. Only some non named characters, and not all of them, got eye of the gods, most of these are entirely too feeble to actually achieve killing another hero or monster... Also the marks are incredibly inconsistent and they just plastered warcry units and other stuff in there, which does not tie into the allegiance abilities at all. Like why is the darkoath chieftain unable to take a mark of chaos while marauders are able to??? it makes no sense! 

Will probably be disappointed in the WD update, but eh, still interested in seeing whatever they come up with, I really dislike the entre wholly within 12" aura system, it would be lovely to see something else.

It is funny I only use warcry models for rally the tribes and enjoy them for that reason... like a bunch of random heavily armed psychos that don't have marks just showing up on a battlefield and seeing hulking viking knights and thinking... I think I will take their side in this fight. 😉

But yes other than that one aspect making me laugh it is a really stupid oversight and I already think Idolators proved they will be moving away from that. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It is funny I only use warcry models for rally the tribes and enjoy them for that reason... like a bunch of random heavily armed psychos that don't have marks just showing up on a battlefield and seeing hulking viking knights and thinking... I think I will take their side in this fight. 😉

But yes other than that one aspect making me laugh it is a really stupid oversight and I already think Idolators proved they will be moving away from that. 

Honestly my two biggest complaints regarding Warcry and it’s models are as follows: We can’t really customize them in the same fashion as a Necromunda gang (which have been used for many an awesome cultist conversion), and that it’s seems as if we’re not getting any more warbands. What’s the point of buying these cool models if we can’t really use them for anything else?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Odd they are doing a larger battletome update like this in a WD, guess they are on the clock making stuff AoS 3.0 compliant. 6 pages of rules with new allegiance abilities and core battalions. "An official tournament-legal update to Battletome: Slaves to Darkness".

image.png.050c458b60bbe7a7210c819505b2d193.png

Oh good there's DLC for my army book

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

If only there was some kind of way, perhaps an app of some kind, where rules could be updated on the fly. Of course this would not be entirely free, perhaps some kind of subscription service, surely people would be ok with that... Nah just release it in paper format from a country that can't buy or ship paper or cardboard apparently, that will also be great to carry around with your tome, 300 page rulebook, rulers, terrain, small dog and umbrella.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Yeah, I mean... I guess it's cheaper than a new battletome but honestly. A white dwarf update? I'm hoping it's light enough that I can skip it like I did broken realms and wrath of the everchosen but I'm worried I won't be able to this time.

I don't even know how to get a white dwarf, can I order it through a store or do I have to get it directly through GW? If I don't order it right away will I miss it or do I have the full month to pick it up before it goes out of print?

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Odd they are doing a larger battletome update like this in a WD, guess they are on the clock making stuff AoS 3.0 compliant. 6 pages of rules with new allegiance abilities and core battalions. "An official tournament-legal update to Battletome: Slaves to Darkness".

Also this seems like a nail in the coffin for anyone suggesting that sons would be the only ones to get faction specific core battalions due to their weird models. The gates are open again and GW dropping standard battalions to even out the playing field is officially a total waste of time. Now the only thing stopping us from going back to the way things were with the old battalions is self control on the part of GW. I give it to the fourth battletome until things start breaking again. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 7

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I don't even know how to get a white dwarf, can I order it through a store or do I have to get it directly through GW? If I don't order it right away will I miss it or do I have the full month to pick it up before it goes out of print?

Depends what part of the world you are in, but in the UK for example, it can be found in most places that sell magazines, such as supermarkets, news-agents, some toy-stores/hobby shops. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Depends what part of the world you are in, but in the UK for example, it can be found in most places that sell magazines, such as supermarkets, news-agents, some toy-stores/hobby shops. 

Canada unfortunately, I don't think I've ever actually seen one outside of a GW. That's wild to think they actually sell them in supermarkets over there... it's super rare to see warhammer stuff outside of purely dedicated gaming stores here. I was shocked to see some warhammer models at a general hobby store, I'd be blown away to see something at a grocery store. 

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

No worries all WD are on WH+ 🙄

If only they actually had the up to date ones I'd be a lot more interested. Or did I miss something and they've started putting the new ones on?

Edited by Grimrock

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Canada unfortunately, I don't think I've ever actually seen one outside of a GW unfortunately. That's wild to think they actually sell them in supermarkets over there, it's super rare to see warhammer stuff outside of purely dedicated gaming stores here. I was shocked to see some warhammer models at a general hobby store, I'd be blown away to see something at a grocery store. 

It doesn't help I sometimes pick it up as an impulse buy if I'm out doing food shopping. I've even heard of people being able to find the Mortal Realm magazines in some supermarkets, but I've not found them myself. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Canada unfortunately, I don't think I've ever actually seen one outside of a GW. That's wild to think they actually sell them in supermarkets over there... it's super rare to see warhammer stuff outside of purely dedicated gaming stores here. I was shocked to see some warhammer models at a general hobby store, I'd be blown away to see something at a grocery store. 

If only they actually had the up to date ones I'd be a lot more interested. Or did I miss something and they've started putting the new ones on?

Jan, Feb and March issues from this year go to the warhammer Vault on Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all. I was thinking about the rumors of united dwarfs army. Maybe Will be a book like orruk warclans with 3 individual factions. I think some friend said the possible name of the new dwarfs so maybe Will be true they get united.

And in the other Hand the cities of sigmar seems going to a more human thing with darlk elves going with Malerion. I Hope wanderers and Phoenix dont go away when they maje those changes

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think if there is going to be a dwarf soup army it's more likely to be Fyreslayers and dispossessed together. The Kharadron reject the dwarf gods and make their own way. 

Dispossessed are already souped into Cities. Be a bit weird to arbitrarily pull them out just to merge with one other army.

• Like 1

Due to circumstances beyond our control, issue 468 of White Dwarf will be unavailable in the USA until the 29th of October 2021

It's safe to say the pandemic nightmare has begun anew. Everyone prepare for 2-3 month lead times on new releases. Battletomes aren't the only thing getting massive delays.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

Used to be posted on Bolter&Chainsword (a marine-centric forum) - but you can check screengrabs here: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/5674

Wow I might break my 40k ban for that Custodes vs GSC boxset. Also I am sad as the Warpsmith implies we are not getting a standalone Dark mechanics set anytime soon... oh well I will put my non existent Darkmech money towards some Varanguard, Smug the Dragon, Be'lakor or some other AOS model that was way beyond my price range

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Due to circumstances beyond our control, issue 468 of White Dwarf will be unavailable in the USA until the 29th of October 2021

It's safe to say the pandemic nightmare has begun anew. Everyone prepare for 2-3 month lead times on new releases. Battletomes aren't the only thing getting massive delays.

I hate it when my dad's predictions are correct. He's been telling my family that October would kickstart a whole new wave of pandemic lockdown procedures. Looks like we're all going to be focussing on our pile of shame for the near future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Well, I guess now we can be sure the ‘October Chaos battletome’ won’t be a new Slaves to Darkness book.

4 hours ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

So White Dwarf is going to be the way to update armies that aren't on the near-term Battletome schedule. Sons of Behemat was representative of this then. 

With respect to the next book, I think the Chaoe BT is either Khorne, Beasts, or maybe Nurgle.

I've always thought that Nurgle seemed to be the most logical choice for the next Chaos tome. It's the oldest and already has a good range so a model or two would be a nice update.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I've always thought that Nurgle seemed to be the most logical choice for the next Chaos tome. It's the oldest and already has a good range so a model or two would be a nice update.

The real question, is it even possible to improve on the Harbringer of Decay? I didn't think they would have improved on Kroak and Be'Lakor and I was gladly proven wrong, so lets see if they can do with the best extant resin Chaos lord.

Although, I still want ol' Vardek Crom to get an updated plastic model in the style of Sigvald. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The real question, is it even possible to improve on the Harbringer of Decay? I didn't think they would have improved on Kroak and Be'Lakor and I was gladly proven wrong, so lets see if they can do with the best extant resin Chaos lord.

Although, I still want ol' Vardek Crom to get an updated plastic model in the style of Sigvald. 

He could be made into a plastic version of the same kit, including the Kislev sign since TOW is coming soon. Perhaps the reintroduction of pestigors as some kind of group jackal headed plague spreading archers? My dream though is of a Tamurkhan style lord (as in a magical maggot/parasite herokiller, not a giant dragon rider).

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Rippas look so good with the Kruelboyz!! Your paint scheme is gorgeous mate!!

Thanks, I got bored waiting for the new stuff so it's sort of become a redux of classic orcs and goblins at this point, am just painting stuff that "fits"

By the same token I got bored of waiting for the mirebrute troggoth and vulture so looks like I'm adding some rockgut troggoth and a mega gargant now 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

36 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

He could be made into a plastic version of the same kit, including the Kislev sign since TOW is coming soon. Perhaps the reintroduction of pestigors as some kind of group jackal headed plague spreading archers? My dream though is of a Tamurkhan style lord (as in a magical maggot/parasite herokiller, not a giant dragon rider).

Dog headed beastmen are khornes thing, that said I like the idea of using scavengers, so presuming they want to remain mostly mammalian I would start a whole new army for some possum men lol