The Rumour Thread

Pink Bubbles Translations:

• When a unit can use a free Command Ability, is it still affected by the "only use the same CA once per phase limit"? - Yes
  • Dispelling Endless Spells: 19.3.2 and 7.0 are contradicting regarding timing. 19.3.2 overrules 7.0 which means each player may unbind an endless spell at the begining of each hero phase
  • A unit using Redeploy may not shoot again using Unleash Hell
  • A unit may end up it's movement midway climbing a wall
  • Can a unit jump down from terrain further than it's movement characteristic? - No
  • 13.1 and 10 are contradicting. 13.1 overrules 10.0 which means you have to assign all shotting attacks to targets before rolling
  • What happens when a unit piles in and has the same distance to two targets? - It has to end the pile in in a way that does not move it further away from any of thoose units
  • Weird rule about wards that allows to use rolls that prevent wounds after making a ward save

Part 2 later, g2g

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Am I being thick but I thought they already got rid of max unit sizes?

Yeah, but a lot of rules still reference them. They're seemingly clarifying that where that happens, it refers to maximum possible reinforcement size, not the unit size.

So I want to clarify something that's confused me.

Zombies warscroll ability specifies that it can take them over their starting size, but the spells and other effects of the gravelords that return dead models do not. And the FAQ specifically says the model returned has to have come from the starting unit.

Does that mean that you have to keep track of which individual models actually came from killing units because they specifically cant be returned by other effects? That seems really complicated and unintended.

As for my armies:

Sylvaneth made again worse by limiting 1 wood per ability.

Ossiarch Bonereapers made better by allowing them to use same CA several times.

Kharadron Overlords without changes for my build.

Nothing for Nighthaunt.

Edited by Aeryenn

For Sylvaneth they changed the warscroll from Kragnos to a new one in the last FAQ, just to go back to the Kragnos on this one... Also they deleted our teleport from the allegiance and placed it in the woods warscroll, but guess what the new warscroll don't have the teleport ability!

4 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Unless I’m reading this wrong, you can boost the range of shackles and warp lightning vortex using spell portal. 😬 

No, the spell portal doesn't increase the range, it allows you to measure range and visibility from a different starting point. It doesn't change the location of the caster, and most endless spells need to be setup wholly/within range of the caster. Spell Portal cannot be used to setup other endless spells.

This is referencing effects like the Seraphon Astrolith Bearer adding 6" to spell range 

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

Just in case you've not spotted it, but there's a thread specifically for the FAQ now 😊

I'm afraid I messed this up a bit by posting the faq link here which is basically like asking for a discussion, instead of linking the thread. Old Rumour-thread Habits die hard.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Charleston said:

I'm afraid I messed this up a bit by posting the faq link here which is basically like asking for a discussion, instead of linking the thread. Old Rumour-thread Habits die hard.

Not in the slightest!  Know many people hop into the rumours thread as their first port of call so would have linked the faq's if they'd not spotted anything 😊

• Like 3

I know FAQs are the hot stuff now, but I found this very interesting:

My chrome article proposing discovery thingy just showed me an offering for a job as a terrain designer. It's been posted 19 hours ago. The interesting thing is this part:

"You will also need knowledge of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warcry Intellectual Property and games systems"

That, together with the Call of the Everchosen articles ending, makes me think things are coming for warcry soon. Terrain probably means a new starter set too. I know they design stuff really far ahead (or at least we think so) but that means they're planning on expanding warcry in the future, and for sure aren't abandoning it.

Here's link to the source: https://jobs.games-workshop.com/search-and-apply/scenery-designer-warhammer-age-of-sigmar

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

23 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I know FAQs are the hot stuff now, but I found this very interesting:

My chrome article proposing discovery thingy just showed me an offering for a job as a terrain designer. It's been posted 19 hours ago. The interesting thing is this part:

"You will also need knowledge of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warcry Intellectual Property and games systems"

That, together with the Call of the Everchosen articles ending, makes me think things are coming for warcry soon. Terrain probably means a new starter set too. I know they design stuff really far ahead (or at least we think so) but that means they're planning on expanding warcry in the future, and for sure aren't abandoning it.

Here's link to the source: https://jobs.games-workshop.com/search-and-apply/scenery-designer-warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Mate this is a great find!! Very interesting as, like you said, things are designed well into the future at GW so perhaps this is for a '3rd Edition' of Warcry after the next? Or maybe Warcry '2' is really years off still. Nonetheless new Terrain is always welcome and by that listing it could be for AOS Factions as well!! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

When do you think we'll have some news and previews about the 2nd season of warcry or the new underowrlds season?

I gonna guess sometime next year, it looks like GW are going to be busy for the remainder of this year catching up with their pending release especially with 40K and their codexes 

Gw has been moving book production into the UK over the last few years, so it's entirely possible the new books aren't being affected by the bigger delays. That said an entirely unrelated book was delayed by the appropriate paper not being available anywhere in Europe so things are rarely simple these days... I guess check the books when they arrive and see what they say? 

I had heard its the same small team doing all gws apps and it's all hands on deck to get Warhammer+ up and stable so AoS got delayed a bit as it was more flexible. 

No idea if they are linked ofc