The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Benkei said:

I have the feeling they had the battletomes ready for release this week but it's the crappy AoS app holding them down, not Brexit nor Covid. Which is pretty infuriating. 

Or it is the physical books holding back the app release.

The truth is we don't know for sure, although GW have said that it is down to supply issues. Which doesn't sound that unreasonable seeing as plenty of major UK companies are having issues with stock and transport. McDonalds, Nandos, Supermarkets, building suppliers, etc. all reporting stock shortages and some even closing branches. Toy stores already reporting that they expect shortages in the run up to Christmas as they cannot get the stock they need from China. 

Do we have any evidence for it being the other way around and the apps delaying the physical books?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

Wait I'm not a GL player. How is this different than it already is?

Also the bit on the claw about not being able to do anything else that turn, is that new?

Not sure about the claw but zombies can now go over their max number of 60.

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

The truth is we don't know for sure, although GW have said that it is down to supply issues. Which doesn't sound that unreasonable seeing as plenty of major UK companies are having issues with stock and transport. McDonalds, Nandos, Supermarkets, building suppliers, etc. all reporting stock shortages and some even closing branches. Toy stores already reporting that they expect shortages in the run up to Christmas as they cannot get the stock they need from China. 

Overhearing the purchase team where I work, the UK have got logistics issues all over the shop.  Containers from other countries aren't anywhere near back to normal and there's a lack of drivers within the UK for transporting them when they do eventually arrive.  At times it's like the team here are doing the hokey cokey with incoming deliveries 🤣  Wouldn't be surprised if this weren't the culprit of the various delays/shuffling - would still be useful to have an update from GW on WarCom though.

• Like 6

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Overhearing the purchase team where I work, the UK have got logistics issues all over the shop.  Containers from other countries aren't anywhere near back to normal and there's a lack of drivers within the UK for transporting them when they do eventually arrive.  At times it's like the team here are doing the hokey cokey with incoming deliveries 🤣  Wouldn't be surprised if this weren't the culprit of the various delays/shuffling - would still be useful to have an update from GW on WarCom though.

Exactly, I think we all agree they could do with better communication on this. 

Many companies had gotten used to a way of global business pre-pandemic and I think it'll take some time before we get back to how things were, even if at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

WHAT? This is truly the edition for the Sons of Behemat, isn't it? o.O

1. The strongest SoB lists does not see much play for the 3 man mancrusher units anyway.

2. It is still not possible to use the same ability more than once and you will often have monsters engaged elsewhere, so this clarification only really affects those very unique scenarios where you only have a 2/3 man unit of mancrushers engaged, while nothing else is engaged. Expect this to have minimal impact, although it does help the least used tribe "Stomper" a little bit. 

SoB are not happy about Nagash with Vile Transference now (rolling 35 dice and 6s are MW and also heals a wound to caster). The new orruk boltthrower also easily averaging 12 dmg against them, will bring more hard counters into play.

10 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Makes a lot of sense. The books are printed in China, right? 

Delays are the rule with COVID and shipping.

Just for AoS though, 40K seems to ship just fine. I don't buy it. "The global situation" has just become a catch all excuse for any company these days whenever they mismanage something or have delays. It has become the "my dog ate my homework" of corporations these days. 

The "global situation" is not worse than it was a year ago, at this point delays should be planned for and managed.

I don't think this is related to shipping at all, just GW "gaslighting" the customers at this point, to divert attention from internal issues, which are most likely related to their app. As we know anything related to apps and GW is a match made in the deepest pits of Shyish ;)

40K: Here is a roadmap for what will be released for the rest of the year (ok not great, but it is there at least). Please also have a new boxed game and updated app.

AoS: ummm Global situations! Who knows, anything could happen (it is going to be delays). Did somebody say app? Call the commisar! (They are in AoS too right?)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, SunStorm said:

Or it is the physical books holding back the app release.

Do we have any evidence for it being the other way around and the apps delaying the physical books?

Then how come 40k books are not delayed? 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Just for AoS though, 40K seems to ship just fine. I don't buy it. "The global situation" has just become a catch all excuse for any company these days whenever they mismanage something or have delays. It has become the "my dog ate my homework" of corporations these days. 

The "global situation" is not worse than it was a year ago, at this point delays should be planned for and managed.

I don't think this is related to shipping at all, just GW "gaslighting" the customers at this point, to divert attention from internal issues, which are most likely related to their app. As we know anything related to apps and GW is a match made in the deepest pits of Shyish ;)

40K: Here is a roadmap for what will be released for the rest of the year (ok not great, but it is there at least). Please also have a new boxed game and updated app.

AoS: ummm Global situations! Who knows, anything could happen (it is going to be delays). Did somebody say app? Call the commisar! (They are in AoS too right?)

You are right, clearly all these businesses are making shipping and supply issues up...

"Tesco and Iceland bosses warn over Christmas supplies" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58329439

"Food firm in 'drastic' action amid driver shortage" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58339182

"Edinburgh toy shop owner warned of stock shortages in Christmas run-up" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-58299384

"Scottish pubs 'running out of beer' amid supply problems" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-58194011

Is there an argument that business practices pre-pandemic have relied too much on global trade and not sourcing things locally? Ofcourse there is, but to reverse that takes years. Don't forget some countries have only been back "open" for a few weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Benkei said:

Then how come 40k books are not delayed? 

I thought Grey Knights and Thousand Sons (the last books released right?) were delayed by a number of months.

Plus wasn't there an even longer delay between the Indomitus box and the release of the Necron and Space Marine books, then we're are expecting between Dominion and the KB/SCE books?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thousand Sons and GK were massively delayed. Chapter Approved (GHB equivalent) had the points costs for those codexes in it, months before they were released, due to delays. 

There are huge supply chain issues in the UK for everything - especially food. GW should be open about this tbh, it is likely not their fault at all.

Edited by The World Tree
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Although I'm of the opinion that a lot of people are using various issues as excuses at the moment, I can 100% confirm that the shipping and logistics problem does exist.  It is different from this time last year because a priority was being put on things like PPE and last September a huge amount of the UK was shut down.  It is also impossible to plan because companies have absolutely no control over the process between the point it leaves a manufacturer and when it gets delivered.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Maybe. Certainly not worse but I would argue still not better. And there are always other things going on. At my work, for example, we have just received stock that was on that ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal. And a factory fire in Japan last year means we are still struggling to get stock of products that contain their product.  I'm learning a lot about the global supply-chain this year! :)

There is the genuine possibilty that GW are deliberately prioritising 40K - if it is as large a portion of their sales as popular rumour holds than I can see why they would make sure that arrives first. Shipping containers are limited.

Maybe not popular, maybe not fair, maybe not even close to the truth. Only GW knows and they are not telling, unfortunately. Just means I don't get my Kruleboyz as soon as I thought. I can live with that.

• Like 1

I don't think we can blame GW for the supply issues. They are hitting everyone. Most of us in the UK have seen issues in shops with stuff being out of stock, big chain restaurants having to limit their menu or close.

What we can blame GW for is not being clearer and communicating about the delays. As well as going back to stealth edit articles without announcing anything.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Maybe. Certainly not worse but I would argue still not better. And there are always other things going on. At my work, for example, we have just received stock that was on that ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal. And a factory fire in Japan last year means we are still struggling to get stock of products that contain their product.  I'm learning a lot about the global supply-chain this year! :)

You don’t by any chance work in the bike industry do you ?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

I don't think we can blame GW for the supply issues. They are hitting everyone. Most of us in the UK have seen issues in shops with stuff being out of stock, big chain restaurants having to limit their menu or close.

What we can blame GW for is not being clearer and communicating about the delays. As well as going back to stealth edit articles without announcing anything.

Agreed, the communication side of things could have really been handled much better. Even if they say "we are waiting on shipments and will give further updates once we know" That would go some way to helping. 

I think the "stealth" editing of articles is understandable however, if they didn't do that they would be dealing with lots of people reading the articles and then asking why it says something is available but isn't. Especially as there hasn't been a proper communication to say otherwise, just a few lines at the bottom of another article.  

One thing I hope they don't do is go back to the previous model where they wouldn't announce or preview anything until like the week before pre-orders went up. 

There's certainly logistical issues in the UK which are having an effect (part of which might be GW deciding that they can safely prioritise 40k/kill team releases over AoS because that's a bigger market) but it is also suspicious how little we've heard of the AoS app.

It's been largely radio silence on that front other than 'it exists'. If it's not ready, well, I can easily imagine that GW want to avoid the disaster that was the launch of the 40k app.

4 minutes ago, Third said:

No one talking about the German FAQ that's up yet? Wierd 😁

My German sucks, so I have no idea what is changed.. 

Check above, there is already a recap !

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Highlights from the core rules faq:

Bodyguard shrugs classified as wards
rampages of multi-model monster unit each model gets to rampage
max size is highest # possible NOT starting size
no universal lore for uniques
endless spell range can be increased

more sons buffs 🙃

Edited by Charleston