The Rumour Thread

Can we keep the moaning about W+ to one of the other moaning about W+ threads?

So much negativity about the hobby recently, i'm almost ready to pack up just to get away from the community.

I wouldn't care if it was all in one place so i could just avoid opening that topic, but people are hell bent on spreading it everywhere.

I want to read wild speculation about new Blades of Khorne releases, not endless posts about GW being bad. This place is a real bummer to visit recently.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I want it to fail enough they have to improve their offering or are disincentivised from paywalling previously free content. 

As of today, what is paywalled that was previously free? 

10 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

So much negativity about the hobby recently, i'm almost ready to pack up just to get away from the community.

I wouldn't care if it was all in one place so i could just avoid opening that topic, but people are hell bent on spreading it everywhere.

I want to read wild speculation about new Blades of Khorne releases, not endless posts about GW being bad. This place is a real bummer to visit recently.

This^^

Some speculation about warcry. 

I can see the edition being about beast hunts and tribal clashes. 

Maybe some blades of khorne out to prove themselves to khorne by clashing with a ogor tribe. 

Or some bonesplitters hunting a large beastie

Or Gloomspite gitz fighting skaven for control of some tunnels. 

So many possibilities!!! 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

This^^

Maybe some blades of khorne out to prove themselves to khorne by clashing with a ogor tribe. 

So many possibilities!!! 

I'm subscribing to the view the rumour engine yesterday was Khorne related. I've seen people say Genestealer Cults for some reason but i'm not having any of that.

I want a Bloodletter Priest, i would settle for the Bloodthrone becoming a priest if no new models though.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

On the other foot, an atmosphere of endless white knighting and pretending everything is perfect and positive is what drives others away from communities - if that occurs it can feel more like Stepford Wives than a forum and that's why I can't touch Facebook groups with a ten foot pole anymore.

Obviously there's a balance to be struck, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that when there's a string of events that cause people to react negatively there would be a period of discontentment.

It'll probably fade away once the next set of AoS reveals appear anyway.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 5

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

On the other foot, endless white knighting and pretending everything is perfect and positive is what drives me away from communities - It feels more like Stepford Wives than a forum and that's why I can't touch Facebook groups with a ten foot pole anymore.

Who's white knighting? I just want it kept in one of the other threads, is that unreasonable?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/25/the-warriors-from-dominion-arrive-in-warcry-with-free-fighter-cards-and-a-new-campaign/

Warcry rules for the Dominion kruleboys and stormcast, which is nice. These Warcry WHC posts by Sam Pearson have tended to be pretty great, good rules and fairly hefty campaigns for free stuff.

Looks like this is the last one for now though, with an interesting coda.

I feel this is the nail in the coffin for new models/units. I hope I am wrong as cavalry and medium sized ogre units are sometimes overlooked in Warcry... but this still feels like the whole range regarding what is shown in terms of Warcry profiles. They still are my favourite orc based faction by GW I was just hoping for more models.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

New Warcry Warbands!! Let's expand the line just like the Khainite Shadowstalkers!! The perfect Warband for Warcry, for Destruction AND an update to the range would be a box of 6 Ogor Maneaters.

I think this is a brilliant way to bring out Maneaters. I would suspect three a box... but maybe they release 3 boxes with a maneater from each realm, plus the eightpoints for a total of 9 unique models. Here is an example off the top of my head:
Box One: 
Eightpoints: 2 headed chaotic mutant Maneater
Azyr: A maneater in patchwork Stormcast armour. (See Chris Peach's SCE Ogor conversion)
Shyish: Updated Executioner Ogor
Box 2:
Aqshy: A firebelly themed maneater
Ghyran: I am imagining a hippy themed ogor covered in moss
Chamon: Maybe a smith themed ogor based on Hephaestus
Box 3:
Ghur: Beastclaw themed unmounted Maneater
Hysh: An update of the pirate Ogor but a little more gentlemanly. 
Ulgu: Updated Ninja Ogor 

53 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Rules coming out of ploos battle report:

Hammers of Sigmar apparently get 6+ ward when wholly within 12 of an objective

Hammers command trait: if a unit within 12” suffers a casualty, they get +1 sv for the turn.

Artefact: double damage to 1 weapon on 6’s to wound

Kruleboyz Grinnin Blades subfaction:

Out of the mist: kruleboy units are not visible to enemy units over 12” away during first BR

Kruleboyz: command trait: retreat and charge, artifact: horde clearing on 5+ for an enemy unit that ends charge move within 6” (Something like once per battle when an enemy unit ends a charge within 6" you can roll one die for each model in that enemy unit. On a 5+, that unit suffers 1 MW)

These are really cool fluffy rules, I really like the Out of the Mist rules making the Kruelboyz feel like proper ambush fighters and the 6+ ward near objectives for Stormcast making them staunch defenders of sacred sites and artifacts. Lets hope that they can better balance subfactions this edition with no more Petrifex styled auto picks. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Rules coming out of ploos battle report:

Hammers of Sigmar apparently get 6+ ward when wholly within 12 of an objective

Hammers command trait: if a unit within 12” suffers a casualty, they get +1 sv for the turn.

Artefact: double damage to 1 weapon on 6’s to wound

Kruleboyz Grinnin Blades subfaction:

Out of the mist: kruleboy units are not visible to enemy units over 12” away during first BR

Kruleboyz: command trait: retreat and charge, artifact: horde clearing on 5+ for an enemy unit that ends charge move within 6” (Something like once per battle when an enemy unit ends a charge within 6" you can roll one die for each model in that enemy unit. On a 5+, that unit suffers 1 MW)

Out of the Mist is such a cool thematic rule!!

56 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

As of today, what is paywalled that was previously free? 

This^^

So many possibilities!!! 

Absolutely lets throw more Monsters in there!! Blades of Khorne Vs Ogor Maneaters would be a perfect new starter set!! Chefs kiss for that idea mate.

33 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel this is the nail in the coffin for new models/units. I hope I am wrong as cavalry and medium sized ogre units are sometimes overlooked in Warcry... but this still feels like the whole range regarding what is shown in terms of Warcry profiles. They still are my favourite orc based faction by GW I was just hoping for more models.

I think this is a brilliant way to bring out Maneaters. I would suspect three a box... but maybe they release 3 boxes with a maneater from each realm, plus the eightpoints for a total of 9 unique models. Here is an example off the top of my head:
Box One: 
Eightpoints: 2 headed chaotic mutant Maneater
Azyr: A maneater in patchwork Stormcast armour. (See Chris Peach's SCE Ogor conversion)
Shyish: Updated Executioner Ogor
Box 2:
Aqshy: A firebelly themed maneater
Ghyran: I am imagining a hippy themed ogor covered in moss
Chamon: Maybe a smith themed ogor based on Hephaestus
Box 3:
Ghur: Beastclaw themed unmounted Maneater
Hysh: An update of the pirate Ogor but a little more gentlemanly. 
Ulgu: Updated Ninja Ogor 

These are really cool fluffy rules, I really like the Out of the Mist rules making the Kruelboyz feel like proper ambush fighters and the 6+ ward near objectives for Stormcast making them staunch defenders of sacred sites and artifacts. Lets hope that they can better balance subfactions this edition with no more Petrifex styled auto picks. 

Aww mate that would be a dream come true!! I'm salivating over the Mawpot at the idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Out of the Mist is such a cool thematic rule!!

It's too bad all the most powerful shooting/magic doesn't require line of sight, and KO can just drop within 12" if they want. 

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It's too bad all the most powerful shooting doesn't require line of sight, and KO can just drop within 12" if they want. 

Yeah just more ineffectual debuff rules for Kruleboyz. A predominance of fluff rather than decent powered stuff.

Edited by C0deb1ue

1 hour ago, C0deb1ue said:

Yeah just more ineffectual debuff rules for Kruleboyz. A predominance of fluff rather than decent powered stuff.

I think it's a nice little ability. Gives you some level of protection against shooting for a fairly combat heavy army. 

Some units, sentinels, tzeentch archaon, nagash, severith etc are broken to the extent that any rules that work effectively against them would be their own kind of toxic. Better to nerf these units.

I suspect the proof for warclans will be in how big wagggh works rather than these subfactions.

Stormcast continue to look very strong on the basis of previewed rules. A 6 up ward might not sound like much, but bear in mind most of this army will be on 2+ saves and Praetors exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

Apart from Sentinels, who ignores LOS on shooting?

Warsong ignores LoS with his spell and drycha can shoot you out of dr, every umbral user can place it inside the 12" bubble, Sentinels as said, Seraphon with comet, the big dino that throw 3 dices and makes stuff and the teleport; stormfiends, tp and bell, CoS with the teleport, KO with the teleport + movement, SCE with DR+teleport, DoK with Khailebron/Mirror dance, idoneth with Tidecaster as general can run+shoot you, flyers being summoned...

Cool rule for 2nd edition, now is being surpassed for everything that has a strong shooting.

Edited by Ragest
  • Thanks 2

Warcry is the archetype of the new KT release.

Which sounds great - though I'm hoping we don't have another Compendium crisis and GW just keeps the old compendiums running.

At worst, simply print the WHC rules in a book? 

As much as I like the idea of Ghur, Beastgrave and now 3rd have covered Ghur now.

I'm hoping we get a KT style 'realm a week' system - a nice boxset, some new models and a new campaign setting every couple of months. 

Can use it as a chance to do what we did with the Eightpoints and flesh out some of the more 'unspoken for' realms - Shadows, Life, Metal etc. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Warcry is the archetype of the new KT release.

Which sounds great - though I'm hoping we don't have another Compendium crisis and GW just keeps the old compendiums running.

At worst, simply print the WHC rules in a book? 

As much as I like the idea of Ghur, Beastgrave and now 3rd have covered Ghur now.

I'm hoping we get a KT style 'realm a week' system - a nice boxset, some new models and a new campaign setting every couple of months. 

Can use it as a chance to do what we did with the Eightpoints and flesh out some of the more 'unspoken for' realms - Shadows, Life, Metal etc. 

Give me Ghyranite Warbands!!

• Like 2

Out of the Mist is not an "auto-win vs alphas", but there shoudn't be any Allegiance Ability that totally stops a strategy just because you play that subfaction.

12 hours ago, Ragest said:

Cool rule for 2nd edition, now is being surpassed for everything that has a strong shooting.

It's still useful. Remember that there is a Dirty Trick for -1 to wound in the first round. That can stop a KO alpha if played well (cover+AoD).

• Like 1

I think people should chill a bit about the warclans rules. Remember you're not playing a Kruelboyz army, you're playing a Orruk Warclans army. 

Most of the strength in the book will be based on how good big waggh is when choosing the optimal units from across the range. 

That range is pretty big and Orruk Warclans were a fairly solid pick for a lot of AoS2. I can see them doing ok in AoS 3.

• Like 1