The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

They’re obviously doing a series leading up to the Black Templar release. Do we have to do this dance every Monday?

Yes. Remember that OWC and SCE should have been out by now, so naturally the marketing plan is to switch to the next release - which according to the schedule is Black Templars. They aren’t doing AoS reveals because there aren’t any: everything kruleboyz and SCE is out there already (but weird there’s no faction terrain but oh well).

They’ll probably mix in a few side games, before pivoting back to AoS for that Chaos battletome. Should maybe see AoS stuff again late September/October I’d guess depending how far back that battletome has been pushed.

Only somewhat related to AoS, but today's Black Templar preview may be evidence towards the validity of those deleted rumors from Bolter and Chainsword.

Spoiler

image.png.7d846098e731288c66f2b852c30a75c2.png

Spoiler

70865995_BTFlamer.PNG.9e12c1c7b31f46d1832495b37420c51f.PNG

Related because those rumors also said we'd be getting new Daemons and World Eaters, hopefully Khorne Daemons too. I'd fully expect those to be useable in AoS like other any other Daemon.

Spoiler

1454829918_40KRumors2.PNG.67d6e78a7d508b2c11c5912b98e3c8c8.PNG

Also I guess Squats confirmed. At last, time for my sinister plan to use the Squats as Kharadon Overlords in AoS, and then the Kharadon Overlords as Squats in 40K.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Only somewhat related to AoS, but today's Black Templar preview may be evidence towards the validity of those deleted rumors from Bolter and Chainsword.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Related because those rumors also said we'd be getting new Daemons and World Eaters, hopefully Khorne Daemons too. I'd fully expect those to be useable in AoS like other any other Daemon.

Hide contents

Also I guess Squats confirmed. At last, time for my sinister plan to use the Squats as Kharadon Overlords in AoS, and then the Kharadon Overlords as Squats in 40K.

RUMOURS!!! At the very least this could mean updated Daemons. 

Edited by KingBrodd

46 minutes ago, FFJump said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Delightfully devilish!

I really hope it's true cuz Space dwarves are sorely needed in 40k.

Still sadly this rumor did'nt talked about aos at all though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

RUMOURS!!! At the very least this could mean updated Daemons. 

This is gonna be real good! I'm hoping for updated daemonettes and perhaps some undivided monstrosities. 

3 minutes ago, Austin said:

Bob on War of Sigmar said those 40k rumors were legit- and in the comments someone asked about next army for AoS and he posted a goat picture. 

So what you're saying is my Night Lords will soon have a legion of chaos Robins to go alongside their Terrorist Batman gimmick? Good times are ahead for Chaos Space Marine players.

While I’d love for beasts to get a big release to replace a lot of their finecast, frankly I’ll be  delighted if we only get a new impressive Shaggoth. While I think the quality of the sculpt it self is nice, it’s just far too small for a monster as powerful as they’re supposed to be. 

• Like 1

-Doombull

-Beastlord

-Tuskgor Chariot

-Razorgor

-Shaggoth

-Jabberslythe

-Cockatrice

-Centigors

And that's ONLY the resin kits. Pretty rough considering how many plastic ones have not aged very gracefully, to put things kindly. I don't see GW doing such a big refresh right off the back of two other ones, so I'm not sure if a BoC update would be anything more than a new battletome. Since they were mentioned on their own, I doubt they'd even get a VS box with a new plastic hero.

But who knows, I don't think I've ever had a single accurate prediction. If my track record holds true, then you guys will get the exact opposite of what I just said. So a complete BoC redo is pretty much confirmed.

No need to thank me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I think the chances for a complete redo are good, as we're so focussed on Ghur right now. And BoC at least have Beast in their name. When if not now, is the time for their BIG update.

They could even go to far as to reference Kragnos who shares many traits with the BoC.

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shearl said:

While I’d love for beasts to get a big release to replace a lot of their finecast, frankly I’ll be  delighted if we only get a new impressive Shaggoth. While I think the quality of the sculpt it self is nice, it’s just far too small for a monster as powerful as they’re supposed to be. 

A new massive Shaggoth as a centrepiece for BOC would be epic!!

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

I think the chances for a complete redo are good, as we're so focussed on Ghur right now. And BoC at least have Beast in their name. When if not now, is the time for their BIG update.

They could even go to far as to reference Kragnos who shares many traits with the BoC.

There are only 2 Factions in AOS with Beast in the title, Beasts of Chaos and Beastclaw Raiders. I sure hope at least one is updated during Era of the Beast!!

• Like 1

The rumors are new Jabberslythe, Minotaurs, and Doombull. 

But, I don’t really know how reliable those are. Bob said he just didn’t know. I WANT them to be true. Just those new models would be fine, though I do agree BoC desperately need a couple plastic Hero kits. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know how the GW NDA's work when they send out preview/review copies of Battletomes? I'm quietly hoping that the NDA will still lift this week with the original pre-order date and so there is a chance we get a man reading book to reveal all the rules for us.

55 minutes ago, Kelsicle said:

Does anyone know how the GW NDA's work when they send out preview/review copies of Battletomes? I'm quietly hoping that the NDA will still lift this week with the original pre-order date and so there is a chance we get a man reading book to reveal all the rules for us.

Influencers probably get their copies from the same pile as everybody else, so if they're ready to send out to them, they're ready for everybody else to get their copy. I wouldn't expect anything to be any different on that front.

The fact they're stretching things out with fluff pieces about the art and Le Cute Heckin Woofer Doggo-Grypherinos suggests they're just stalling for extra time rather than teasing much 'as normal' despite the delay.

35 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Influencers probably get their copies from the same pile as everybody else, so if they're ready to send out to them, they're ready for everybody else to get their copy. I wouldn't expect anything to be any different on that front.

The fact they're stretching things out with fluff pieces about the art and Le Cute Heckin Woofer Doggo-Grypherinos suggests they're just stalling for extra time rather than teasing much 'as normal' despite the delay.

I'd expect, even if influencers had their copies, GW will have sent another email asking them to hold off on their content until just before the actual release. Even if the NDA's aren't in effect and the reviewers could legally post their reviews, it would likely strike them off GWs early pre-release list.

While they are definitely scrapping the bottom of the barrel with these updates, I'm hoping they might preview some of the sludgeraker or sloggoth rules next.

Edited by Qrow