The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Nos said:

I mean..I don't think that would actually amount to anything 

My personal assumption is precisley that they have had some complications somewhere, Nurglings in the System as you say. It's sort of inconceivable that it could he anything else. I dont think they have ceased to exist, or are no longer due for release. The only sane conclusion to draw is pretty much the only one there is.

But people are still going wild over it. I dont think stating the obvious would do anything to satiate people angry about it. People are annoyed  because they want stuff sooner than they can have it, not because they dont know know why its delayed. 

I'm not defending GW here btw- this is the die by the sword aspect of living by the sword of constant Hype generation.

Yeah, no. This isn’t people whining out of entitlement.

People are annoyed because a commitment has been made, missed, no explanation provided, no new date announced, and all references to the original commitment scrubbed out of existence.

For all intents and purposes people feel like they have been lied to and treated like fools.

A simple explanation wouldn’t change things but it would go a long way.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Yeah the writing has been on the wall here for a while. The dearth of AoS articles last week, the delayed App, and the now 2 week late FAQ were all red flags.

I guarantee they won’t release the battletomes until the app is ready so people can use their digital codes. Buckle up we could be waiting weeks here.

I always try to be patient and gracious when things don't turn out the way I want. Things happen, stuff gets delayed, these are only plastic toys. It costs me nothing to be a good sport about it.

But that does still come with a certain degree of expectation. Communication being the key. I don't need details, I don't need GW to unpack the intricacies of the struggles they're facing, I just need them to have the stones to tell me up front that things have changed.

Sure, they're going to catch heat over the delays no matter what. That's what happens when you create expectations and then have to alter course, even if your reasons are legitimate.  But dragging out our expectations to the breaking point and then stealth editing their articles from behind to make it look like they never created those expectations is definitely the worst way to approach something like this, especially when we all know and can easily prove that they're doing it.

It literally adds insult to injury, making something that many would be able to come to terms with if GW had just been frank with us utterly intolerable now.

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Yeah, no. This isn’t people whining out of entitlement.

People are annoyed because a commitment has been made, missed, no explanation provided, no new date announced, and all references to the original commitment scrubbed out of existence.

For all intents and purposes people feel like they have been lied to and treated like fools.

A simple explanation wouldn’t change things but it would go a long way.

Meh- the context for this is a two month window (when the first announcement was made re August) in which the world is still experiencing massive logistical dysfunction. A lot of supermarkets have been experiencing difficulty getting *food* in that window.

I'm not surprised, put it that way. 

I doubt anybody who has that degree of strength of feeling over it- like moral offence at how a corporation might not be being entirely transparent with them or accurate with Information (like corporations always are, of course) -  would feel sated by any explanation. 

The number of people who wont buy KB or SC stuff because of this will be utterly minuscule, if at all. So GW dont care.

That's why I dont feel offended or hurt by anything GW does re stuff like this- because I know they dont care about me, or you, or anyone, as anything more than siphons of our money in the first place.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

AoS 3.0 become a joke at this point. There is no a new single battletome. Faq broke so many things (lookint at you SCE "Translocation" prayer) and 3.0 is a bucket filled with holes. 

Why GW? You went from ****** to awesome and now again to being ******. 

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Nos said:

Meh- the context for this is a two month window (when the first announcement was made re August) in which the world is still experiencing massive logistical dysfunction. A lot of supermarkets have been experiencing difficulty getting *food* in that window.

I'm not surprised, put it that way. 

I doubt anybody who has that degree of strength of feeling over it- like moral offence at how a corporation might not be being entirely transparent with them or accurate with Information (like corporations always are, of course) -  would feel sated by any explanation. 

The number of people who wont buy KB or SC stuff because of this will be utterly minuscule, if at all. So GW dont care.

That's why I dont feel offended or hurt by anything GW does re stuff like this- because I know they dont care about me, or you, or anyone, as anything more than siphons of our money in the first place.

If you think it’s ok for a company to outright lie to you, rewrite history to pretend they never lied, and treat you like ****** because all they want is your dollar, then that’s on you.

• Like 4

I am quite tired that most corporations due to some idiotic managment ethics think that lies, deceit and disregard are mostly better than honesty and transparancy. No they are not, it only works for a time and only versus people that do initially do not give it much though. If you fail your promise, you can't really hide it, but you can lessen the blow by taking it on the chin, not by hiding under the table. Or better yet, be clear about your situation and warn people that you could fail beforehand. An innovative thought, is it not? 

It's not that big of a thing for me personally, but such attitude sure feels... condesending.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 4

On 8/20/2021 at 5:50 AM, Blood0Tiger said:

Hope that one day most will understand that it means more than just a social movement, its part of life and should be accepted. But as much as we can all talk about it we can show this through the hobby and other means any can access. It would mean much to the community.  

I appreciate all of your support towards this comment. Maybe we can start a community project? Message me if you are interested. I will try to organize something.

Thought I'd just bring this back here since its picked up more notice than I thought. 

GW saying nothing is saying enough to me personally. Comments or advertisement about themselves ( any company) as a company and 'community supporter' cares about the community as a whole are what they feel are never real to me at least. A company does not feel anything, but as people inside they do, and are deciding what this company does as a collective. If you are someone who believes in changes, get out there and prove change can come. Posting here is not enough action for change if you feel it is. Just more talk like this post. Covid-19 has made it difficult for many people, but its never impossible. 

Make change now, don't expect it tomorrow morning

49 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

If you think it’s ok for a company to outright lie to you, rewrite history to pretend they never lied, and treat you like ****** because all they want is your dollar, then that’s on you.

I I didn't say I thought it was ok, or right. Far from it. As I said, I'm not excusing it, or saying it's fair or anything of the sort.

But Its precisley because I know the nature of GW that I base my *expectations* of them on their *actions* and not the principles of a moral compass which I'm well aware they dont adhere to.

If you dont have high expectations or emotional investment in someone or something which has demonstrated it dosent care about your feelings, it has far less power of you. In fact it's the most empowering, self respecting thing you can do in that instance. 

I don't repeatedly post that GW dont care about us as anything other than customers as some sort of nihilistic dogma- I do it to speak truth to power and to encourage people not to let GW have an undeserved place in their emotions. 

*Especially this year* life is too short to let GW burn people's crucial energy and optimism.

I'm massively invested in the KB and eagerly awaiting them. But I'm not getting them when I hoped, I've sort of expected that the past week or so as I said above. Ok. Theres literally nothing I can do about it.

So I'm building Rippas Snarlfangs just now instead. I'm using time and energy for me and my hobby and looking forward to that. 

Note I'm not censoring anyone or saying people arent entitled to their opinion. I'm just offering mine.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

I must admit general frustration with GW since the release of 3.0 has now reached boiling point for me. I just have no motivation to hobby at all right now.

Got to take a break for a week or 2 I think.

I'm sorry all this negativity has come to pass and I don't blame you at all, I'm feeling fairly burned myself. Take all the  time you need, If GW somehow disappears in 2 weeks which I doubt, there will always be warhammer in some form waiting if you choose to  return. But there's always a chance to create whatever you want to do with warhammer,  GW's vision is never your own right? 

I just feel like 3.0 has had such a rocky start hype wise. It feels like its over before it really began and we're straight back on the 40K train. Itll likely be 3 months since launch for our first tomes. I try to remain positive on here but this is starting to annoy me a little.

• Like 4

If anyone is interest in creating something together and to make your own mark on warhammer creatively and open to the  community just send  me a private message about anything about this and we can go from there. This is purely community collaboration and out of free time to post here on TGA as individuals. 

Shout out to the  mods if  they are interested in making it official here to  post as a public category anyone can use and post their own ideas to share if they wish. 

Edited by Blood0Tiger
  • Like 1

My issue isn't the delay.  Things happen, I get it.  My issue is the stealth edit and lack of communication.  Those together are just beyond the pale imo.  Like who are they trying to fool?  Do they really think the stealth edit will work?  It's insulting and basically makes THEM look stupid, trying to pretend they never said something that we all read and that several people in this very thread have proven that they said. 

In what way does doing this actually help?  Who was the genius that said "Yeah, let's pretend we never said it would be out in August and then edit our articles to reflect that!  No one will notice and if they do we can say that our articles never said August!  I mean, it's not like we posted said articles on the internet where people can save them and then easily prove we are lying!"  And who was the genius that said in response to that "brilliant let's run with that!"  

It makes them look scummy ( which it seems they are) and makes them look stupid ( which maybe they are?)  It boggles the mind frankly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1