The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

I still find it so weird that full range of core books and now the first BTs of the new edition have been / will be published with no option whatsoever to have them in a digital format. This is such a straight downgrade of my experience as a customer (often travelling, wanting to buy books in a language different than the country where I live) it's demoralising

They mentioned in their last earnings call that they are working on this. The current "downgrade" is to prevent piracy. It was way too easy to get a nice hq full text searchable version of any codex/battletome in minutes, I can understand why they would try to address that. 

6 minutes ago, Celestantpants said:

Nos, the thing is, if the battletome where coming out for pre order next week they would have announced them today.  They didn't, as far as i can tell.  Their preview of what to expect for next weekend didn't have it.  

Ah yeah I forget how dumb this whole thing is

See what happens for me is my FLGS takes orders the day after previews day to make sure they get a handle on stock/dont order stuff that dosent shift

Obviously I dont get it til the week of release like everyone else but my "order" is the day after.  So if its up next week, ill still be placing my order in August, is how my brain is wired 

But yeah, mea culpa.

Even the use of the word ‘soon’ is frustrating at this point. It hasn’t been soon. And October has also been removed, so expect the Chaos tome to drop later…

I’m the first person to defend GW and advocate patience, and I actually wouldn’t mind the delays to the launches — if they were just honest with us and better at communicating.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, SlyRebirth said:

Just be straight with us...

Oh you want them to admit the reason they're delaying the battletome for weeks is for the new app tie-in for digital rules that is so poorly received by the community? Yeah, I'm sure they're working on that statement right now....

1 minute ago, SlyRebirth said:

I hate being treated like I'm stupid... retro-editing the dates and trying to pretend "it never happened..." - it was the thing that really annoyed me about Cursed City. Just be straight with us...

Yeah, I agree. When they had that delay to the Sylvaneth battletome, they explained the situation and everyone was ok with it. This is just going to ****** people off. 

• Like 4

Just now, sorokyl said:

Oh you want them to admit the reason they're delaying the battletome for weeks is for the new app tie-in for digital rules that is so poorly received by the community? Yeah, I'm sure they're working on that statement right now....

They don't even need to go deep into reasons; even if that's the case, just a line in the article saying "Oh by the way, we know we said August for the battletomes, but the nurglings have messed up some of the wires, and it'll be a little longer now. Sorry about that!"

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

They mentioned in their last earnings call that they are working on this. The current "downgrade" is to prevent piracy. It was way too easy to get a nice hq full text searchable version of any codex/battletome in minutes, I can understand why they would try to address that. 

It‘s called photo-copy. Almost the same quality and one can‘t prevent it. They‘re focusing at the wrong issue once again. Perhaps if they wouldn‘t charge two kidneys for a lackluster, mistake-ridden piece of near-future trash paper, people might buy it. As it stands now books actually have almost no value, yet you pay way too much for almost copy-paste, will be outdated in a month books which don’t even work without an FAQ.

I‘d still buy Battletomes if they were costed like they were back in the first edition/start of second edition. Yet they‘d have to include quite some complete Warscroll rewrites and the bravery to include new flavorful ideas instead of „how many core rules are we going to break today“, or „let‘s completely ignore the background and do Sth blunt (Soulblight Vampires & Dynasties)“

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 6

Here is the situation with the app. The team they have working on it is tiny and split across the AoS app, the 40k app and now the WH+ app. Their priority right now is the launch of WH+ and that is only going to be a success if they make sure the app that hosts it is working. That means all their developers are 100% focused on getting it ready and fixing any issues post launch.

The goal was to release the aos app with the new edition, but they don't have an MVP yet. So what is going to happen is that the aos app in a very basic state is going to "launch" in a free beta version. This means they can excuse all the bugs, lack of working content and options. The app will stay in this "beta" state indefinitely with no work being done on it.

Once they are confident with WH+ they will return back to fixing issues and putting content into the AoS app. It is unlikely to be functional until at least next year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Here is the situation with the app. The team they have working on it is tiny and split across the AoS app, the 40k app and now the WH+ app. Their priority right now is the launch of WH+ and that is only going to be a success if they make sure the app that hosts it is working. That means all their developers are 100% focused on getting it ready and fixing any issues post launch.

The goal was to release the aos app with the new edition, but they don't have an MVP yet. So what is going to happen is that the aos app in a very basic state is going to "launch" in a free beta version. This means they can excuse all the bugs, lack of working content and options. The app will stay in this "beta" state indefinitely with no work being done on it.

Once they are confident with WH+ they will return back to fixing issues and putting content into the AoS app. It is unlikely to be functional until at least next year.

What a bummer. They should just put the new warscrolls on the old app in the meantime. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

This is laughable.  I can, and have, copied the paper 40k codexes into my photos via a scanning app.  All GW is doing is royally irritating a lot of people, also ****** themselves out of folks like me who bought both digital and paper version.

4 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Sometimes, it is like GW is working against their own success.  Hard carried by their sculptors.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I'm no GW fanboy but these are pretty big claims. Do you have any proof?

Edit to clarify. I'm asking if this is insider information in any capacity or just inference from what we're seeing.

Edited by The Red King

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I'm no GW fanboy but these are pretty big claims. Do you have any proof?

Edit to clarify. I'm asking if this is insider information in any capacity or just inference from what we're seeing.

I mean also we will find out in three days.

• Like 1

The editing situation reminds me when someone here made a picture of Grungni with Stalin ( then making Grungni disapear like USSR did with some people on pics)

GW removed Grungni's name from the article, he became "an important dwarf" or something like that

I would prefer them to say it simply delayed than editing things

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

They don't even need to go deep into reasons; even if that's the case, just a line in the article saying "Oh by the way, we know we said August for the battletomes, but the nurglings have messed up some of the wires, and it'll be a little longer now. Sorry about that!"

I mean..I don't think that would actually amount to anything 

My personal assumption is precisley that they have had some complications somewhere, Nurglings in the System as you say. It's sort of inconceivable that it could he anything else. I dont think they have ceased to exist, or are no longer due for release. The only sane conclusion to draw is pretty much the only one there is.

But people are still going wild over it. I dont think stating the obvious would do anything to satiate people angry about it. People are annoyed  because they want stuff sooner than they can have it, not because they dont know know why its delayed. 

I'm not defending GW here btw- this is the die by the sword aspect of living by the sword of constant Hype generation.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2