The Rumour Thread

LotR models are more realistic i n their proportions, but aren't true 25mm either. Terrain is terrain though, and only somewhat sticks to a scale. It should be absolutely fine for AoS. I use all of the present middle earth terrain kits like the rohan and laketown buildings and they all look fine with AoS models. These kits look lovely and it's great to have the next two books confirmed.

• Thanks 1

Well we are here again. Sunday Funday. Today SCE and Warclans books should definitely be announced for Pre Order next weekend!!

What do we think the first kits to be up for Pre Order will be? Theres quite a few so they may be stretched over 2 weeks.

I'm also convinced that the Online Preview shows as we know them are finished. It looks like it's back to event reveals for everything*.

*Fingers crossed once again for ONE LAST PREVIEW before we go back to events!!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I figure the beastskewer and the mirebrute will be first up for Kruleboyz, as they were the first to be previewed.

Similarly, the chariot and shooty boi for stormcast. They are easy to build kits, and they'll probably be what gets released first. I think that's what happened with second edition AoS and 9th 40k

16 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

The Old Bale-Eye animation was interesting. Given that I'm on book 46 on HH, I have to say I think it would be awesome if they did a complete HH series in the old Batman cartoon style, or something like that.

It was somewhat entertaining, but I don't really think it played to the strengths of 40k at all, it was very much a saturday morning cartoon vibe and the animation seemed somewhat cheap.

It does seem this is sort of like a Love, Death, Robots, so there might be some lukewarm stuff and some great stuff too. Probably not much to go around for the AoS crowd though.

• Like 5

I think there will be a mix of online and offline previews, depending on what it is. Large announcements like a new edition or Broken realms equivalent could be online. I can see army releases being offline and coincide with Gencon or Adepticon, usually as an excuse to get people to come to the stand and buy stuff. 

I'm sure we'll some faction dice included in the pre-order today too.

• Like 1

There's just something dreadful about realizing that no one had anything to post in the Rumour Thread for two hours...

Are these slow, painful aeons of silence akin to galaxies screaming in soundless agony an indicator for a) a Lovecraftian Horror new Chaos faction or b) Silent People coming next??????

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

There's just something dreadful about realizing that no one had anything to post in the Rumour Thread for two hours...

Are these slow, painful aeons of silence akin to galaxies screaming in soundless agony an indicator for a) a Lovecraftian Horror new Chaos faction or b) Silent People coming next??????

Nah, here in the UK it's everyone tucking in to their Sunday roast dinner! 

6 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Similarly, the chariot and shooty boi for stormcast. They are easy to build kits, and they'll probably be what gets released first. I think that's what happened with second edition AoS and 9th 40k

Was that confirmed that they're easy to build? I thought we'd seen the mirebrute with options, which usually aren't included in the easy to build kits.

31 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Was that confirmed that they're easy to build? I thought we'd seen the mirebrute with options, which usually aren't included in the easy to build kits.

Newer ETB kits do have options for example the Firestrike Turret or Necron Warriors

6 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Any rumors on the new app?

it should be available before warhammer+ and new armybooks.

This would be the last week.

It's been indefinitely delayed. WH+ is launching prior to any app rollout. They are focused on making sure that the WH+ app itself functions and dealing with the work on that.

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It's been indefinitely delayed. WH+ is launching prior to any app rollout. They are focused on making sure that the WH+ app itself functions and dealing with the work on that.

I still find it so weird that full range of core books and now the first BTs of the new edition have been / will be published with no option whatsoever to have them in a digital format. This is such a straight downgrade of my experience as a customer (often travelling, wanting to buy books in a language different than the country where I live) it's demoralising

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Where have you got indefinitely from? 

The last news we had for it was the 11th August 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/11/warhammer-is-packed-with-amazing-shows-and-features-heres-how-youll-access-them-all/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/22/sunday-preview-warhammer-launches-alongside-gladiatorial-gameplay-and-fantastic-fiction/

Ok so here’s the actual article. This time they directly mentioned “greenskin goodness” so it looks like we’ll be seeing Warclans terrain and endless spells. Then, it’s a definitely gonna be a pre order for next week, and not a moment too soon. Sometimes you really gotta wonder whatever they were thinking in leaving a literal 3 month gap.

Edited by JustAsPlanned
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.  No battletome pre orders?  Seriously, what is their problem?  They should at least acknowledge the fact that they are going to be later than what they said, but they didn't even do that.  Why are they dragging their feet so much on these battletome?  Why are they being so sparse with previews?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This is genuinely surprising. What's going on with AoS? This is the first time I can think  of GW missing a pre-order date without any explanation. Did we all dream that they said pre-orders in August?

Still August next week