The Rumour Thread

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Thanks for this mate!! I'm going to be shocked if we dont eventually get a model!!

At least one that isn't a conversion. Also, anyone here anything about chaos dwarfs? I'd also take speculation for Cathay in Total War: Warhammer III. I don't know about you guys, but I really want to see some cathayan undead (particularly vampires). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Thanks for this mate!! I'm going to be shocked if we dont eventually get a model!!

I hope his model is a pair of feet ending in clouds around the ankles... implying that there is more towering above the battlefield. But I still want it to be biggest model in the range.

• LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I hope his model is a pair of feet ending in clouds around the ankles... implying that there is more towering above the battlefield. But I still want it to be biggest model in the range.

28 minutes ago, CDM said:

I honestly think he'll be coming in a year or two. I would like to see gargants expanded on eventually

For Era of the Beast and 3.0 it would be the perfect way to add a named character to the Sons and at the same time expand their range by having a 3rd kit!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jackroks981 said:

Personally I count the hobby bit as a complete chore! I love the game and hobby is something I have to do if I want to play it. That doesn't mean I don't put the effort in mind you, I take pride in my hobby, I'd just genuinely rather be doing literally anything else than painting 99% of the time.

What would make it interesting to you if you could make personalized changes to make it less of a chore? This is not to discount what you feel, I can say I find many parts utterly annoying and just less accessibility to people than some other hobbies have evolved in time.

What would you remove or change from the processes, the tools, materials, etc? 

6 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

What would you remove or change from the processes, the tools, materials, etc?

That's a really good question. Maybe we could start a thread about what people think about AoS (the game) as a whole product and what changes we want/love to see.

Edited by Beliman
Grammar
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Every single spell and ability previewed has been keyword locked to the sub faction of Kruleboyz or Bonesplitterz. They even showed the new named guy on the bird along Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz while highlighting a spell, which is of course only beneficial to Kruleboyz. 

Nothing so far has shown they will not continue the trend with making a soup, yet having no rules interaction between the heroes or units. This is why I am very worried about that book. Not that it is not "strong" but that there is basically no point to having it souped up, besides simply having to release fewer books.

The other aspect of this is they don't have to bother supporting the two old lines of models because they superficially are adding models to the warclans battletome even though there is no keyword crossover 

19 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I'm looking forward to it as well, I love the look of the kruleboyz and ironjawz together and as always, models and how they look come first. Rules come and go and change, awesome looking models will always be awesome looking models!! 

Considering model first it's still sad to see ironjawz and Bonesplitterz left without new models though.

Imagine siege equipped brutes or new morboys what could have been.

Still kruleboyz are nice.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering model first it's still sad to see ironjawz and Bonesplitterz left without new models though.

There is yet another megaboss on foot after being subscribed for 1 year to warhammer plus. That Megaboss on foot you never use? How about another of that guy, in a year... yay! 

Now we got 3 different kind of orruks, wonder if even one of them will get any endless spells or a terrain feature as a last minute reveal. Bonesplitterz also got priests GW, how about invocations there? Anything? Did GW forget? Foot of Gork (or mork) would be the most obvious endless spell in the history of endless spells.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

If they were to make a Brodd model I think a little bit bigger than a standard Mega-gargant would be cool :D 

Edit: and if they update Mancrushers, let's have some lady Gargants too!

A bit of green stuff and you could easily make a female gargant. Give them a backstory as being a transgender gargant or something even.

Then you can beat games workshop in having the first transgender model. Though I'm sure we'll get an official one sooner than later with the diversity push.

• Confused 2

43 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

A bit of green stuff and you could easily make a female gargant. Give them a backstory as being a transgender gargant or something even.

Then you can beat games workshop in having the first transgender model. Though I'm sure we'll get an official one sooner than later with the diversity push.

I think something like a canon trans (or even otherwise LGB, which I don't think we have seen yet) character model would be pretty cool. There was that mention of a non-binary/third gender Stormcast and nonbinary-to-female Skink Priestess in one of the Soulbound books, and I thought that really added to the atmosphere of how vast and full of possibility the mortal realms are.

Really, in a place as magical as the mortal realms, I would be surprised if people didn't change their bodies to better match their souls occasionally.

I also want it to be known that my skeleton hordes are strictly equal opportunity.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
word filter is causing me grief
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think something like a canon trans (or even otherwise LGB, which I don't think we have seen yet) character model would be pretty cool. There was that mention of a non-binary/third gender Stormcast and nonbinary-to-female Skink Priestess in one of the Soulbound books, and I thought that really added to the atmosphere of how vast and full of possibility the mortal realms are.

Really, in a place as magical as the mortal realms, I would be surprised if people didn't change their bodies to better match their souls occasionally.

I also want it to be known that my skeleton hordes are strictly equal opportunity.

I'm guessing it's pretty easy to be a transgender stormcast. Sigmar can presumably reforge people in whatever body they want.

But I think by definition every slaanesh character is probably LGBT.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hope that one day most will understand that it means more than just a social movement, its part of life and should be accepted. But as much as we can all talk about it we can show this through the hobby and other means any can access. It would mean much to the community.  

I appreciate all of your support towards this comment. Maybe we can start a community project? Message me if you are interested. I will try to organize something.

Edited by Blood0Tiger
-Emojis in this case like thoughts and prayers to me.
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Interestingly, as @HollowHills suggested, there are a number of canonical nonbinary characters in Slaanesh however I think they're often misgendered as "she". Shalaxi, Dexcessa, and Synnessa are all only canonically referred to as 'they', but fans usually refer to them as female (though sometimes male for Shalaxi); I'd imagine that it's because they have a feminine form and name (with a vowel ending), and they sound more female when voiced over. Just an interesting tidbit!

(A few people will say all demons don't have a gender, but this isn't true in the sense that Skarbrand, Rotigus, and Kairos are always referred to as "he" - they may be malignant figments of the imagination, but they are gendered malignant figments of the imagination). 

I definitely agree that I'd like to see more representation, especially with how open a setting AoS is. While I love Slaanesh, I do hope that other factions get more LGBT+ representation because it feels a little, erm, questionable for the only LGBT+ coded faction (where it's common and very much accepted canonically) to also be the faction that represents depravity and who are probably the most deplorable and evil faction in the game. I know this is a holdover from the 80s where Slaanesh was more rockstar culture, but it'd be nice to see more LGBT+ heroes (as in, 'good' guys).

• Like 17

18 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Interestingly, as @HollowHills suggested, there are a number of canonical nonbinary characters in Slaanesh however I think they're often misgendered as "she". Shalaxi, Dexcessa, and Synnessa are all only canonically referred to as 'they', but fans usually refer to them as female (though sometimes male for Shalaxi); I'd imagine that it's because they have a feminine form and name (with a vowel ending), and they sound more female when voiced over. Just an interesting tidbit!

(A few people will say all demons don't have a gender, but this isn't true in the sense that Skarbrand, Rotigus, and Kairos are always referred to as "he" - they may be malignant figments of the imagination, but they are gendered malignant figments of the imagination). 

I definitely agree that I'd like to see more representation, especially with how open a setting AoS is. While I love Slaanesh, I do hope that other factions get more LGBT+ representation because it feels a little, erm, questionable for the only LGBT+ coded faction (where it's common and very much accepted canonically) to also be the faction that represents depravity and who are probably the most deplorable and evil faction in the game. I know this is a holdover from the 80s where Slaanesh was more rockstar culture, but it'd be nice to see more LGBT+ heroes (as in, 'good' guys).

There's at least a mention in one of the small story snippets in the LRL tome of both female crew members of a Starshard Ballista being lovers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

There is yet another megaboss on foot after being subscribed for 1 year to warhammer plus. That Megaboss on foot you never use? How about another of that guy, in a year... yay! 

I can't wait for that megaboss and will want two of them, so any other subscribers that don't want him and want to make their subscription fee back, hit me up!

They'll be added to my existing megabosses on foot and 2 on MK. Something about having a 5 man "unit" of absolute units is appealing to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Enoby said:

RDT_20210820_1130502477843418102358298.jpg

• Haha 13

I remember that a number of people were really excited and happy when this character was announced but then GW later edited the page to include male pronouns:
ar8qzgfuzc961.png
I do personally like the idea of gender fluidity in terms of Stormcast reforging. Let the Stormcast be their true selves upon being reforged. Sigmar is reforging the soul and that should reflect the thoughts and feelings of the character in respect to their identity. 

But importantly nothing can stop you from creating the lore that fits your models. If you have put money, time and effort into creating your faction then the lore you create is the canon that matters to me. No one can stop you from creating personal lore for your own characters. But that is not to let Games Workshop off the hook they still need to do much better in terms of representation. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 8