The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Bonereapers really need more battleline options to become interesting, even conditional battleline would be welcome. Their legions need a huge rebalancing, it is the worst internally and externally balanced lineup of sub factions I have seen.

The RDP system needs to be reimagined from the ground up, it has no identity of its own in AoS 3.0 and right now is almost more of a liability, making the army feel extremely limited in options.

I hope they get a new monster. The harvester i more a support piece. AoS 3.0 is the time of the hero monsters, so some kind of monster construct with sentience would be cool. Can't help but look at the nexus and imagining that big guy with the huge sword coming to life. I do not think that will happen though, I am pretty sure it will just be a book when it arrives at some point.

Bonereapers could get pretty interesting with just a few new tools. That archer unit, a big monster, a hero that makes Stalkers and Immortis better... Arkhan could get a real Bonereaper body. Maybe throw in chariots for that retro Tomb Kings feeling. In theory, the army could change a lot even with a relatively small amount of new kits. However, I am not sure if GW does small releases anymore. It seems more like the two options are a single new hero and maybe some kind of side game (Underworlds, Warcry) unit or a full 10+ new kits all at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I really hope bonereapers will get a second wave like Lumineth and Slaanesh did...

Honestly i'm worried they'll just revamp the rules and call it a day.

The archer unit is mostly expected thanks to the underworld warband but some other infantry,cavalry or warmachine could be added (or some bone construct).

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Bonereapers really need more battleline options to become interesting, even conditional battleline would be welcome. Their legions need a huge rebalancing, it is the worst internally and externally balanced lineup of sub factions I have seen.

The RDP system needs to be reimagined from the ground up, it has no identity of its own in AoS 3.0 and right now is almost more of a liability, making the army feel extremely limited in options.

I hope they get a new monster. The harvester i more a support piece. AoS 3.0 is the time of the hero monsters, so some kind of monster construct with sentience would be cool. Can't help but look at the nexus and imagining that big guy with the huge sword coming to life. I do not think that will happen though, I am pretty sure it will just be a book when it arrives at some point.

I hope Bonereapers have a second wave and a considerable one at that. 

An Archer unit alongside another troop choice would go a long way.

Add in a Chariot or new Warmachine alongside a new named Hero would flesh that out and more importantly a new monster.

Something like the Bone Giant from Tomb Kings but made from the bones of many different beasts. A massive Bone Construct with Stardrake wings, Stegadon head, Mega Gargant torso and a Bloodthristers arms, Ghorgon legs and the tail of a Manticore. Oh my.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

This is s funny old site, we get lots of pages of off topic discussion and when actual rumours (weather they prove to be true or not) pop up they are instantly dismissed and not even considered 😂😂😂

I mean they are being considered, and found to be basically just the sort of thing anyone could easily make up combined with some really made-up sounding stuff. Just because there's other discussion going on doesn't mean folks have to be completely credulous to every random 4channer that claims to be a GW employee.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope Bonereapers have a second wave and a considerable one at that. 

An Archer unit alongside another troop choice would go a long way.

Add in a Chariot or new Warmachine alongside a new named Hero would flesh that out and more importantly a new monster.

Something like the Bone Giant from Tomb Kings but made from the bones of many different beasts. A massive Bone Construct with Stardrake wings, Stegadon head, Mega Gargant torso and a Bloodthristers arms, Ghorgon legs and the tail of a Manticore. Oh my.

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: GW NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE TOMB KINGS WARSPHINX!!! It bugs me how a rather nice and new kit was given the shaft, alongside the tomb guard and the sepulchral stalkers. Those were new kits with a working mold, why weren’t they somehow integrated into legions of Nagash/Soulblight Gravelords?

Rant aside, @KingBrodd you’re idea sounds amazing. Maybe since we’re in Ghur they could be made up of more Destruction monsters, like the horns of a Thundertusk or a shield made from a Stonehorn’s face?

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Hello am GW employee

New models from a faction... soon! 40k

maybe some for Sigmar

pls trust

This is more AoS news than we’ve had out of GW all week.

Actually nothing Sigmar related since last Friday. Just all 40k all the time.

Edit: coming up on another hour, primed for disappointment.

edit2: lmfao they pushed it out early and it’s black library 😒 tune in again tomorrow for another round of “age of who?”!

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: GW NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE TOMB KINGS WARSPHINX!!! It bugs me how a rather nice and new kit was given the shaft, alongside the tomb guard and the sepulchral stalkers. Those were new kits with a working mold, why weren’t they somehow integrated into legions of Nagash/Soulblight Gravelords?

Having worked with all three of those kits within the last 12 months or so, they definitely all hold up. Great sources of bits, too, especially the sphinx and snake kits.

From the perspective of where we are now, Tomb Kings could work great as a Gravelords/LoN subfaction. I wonder if keeping only the plastic kits from Tomb Kings could have been an option in the transition between Warhammer Fantasy and AoS. That would have left us with the chariot, snake, sphinx and tomb guard kits. And I guess the shield/banner upgrade sprue. So, probably not a realistic way to move foreward at the time.

Adding these kits back into Gravelords now as their own thing would be cool, though. It would certainly be a way to give Legion of Blood a bit more of an identity. Tomb Guard would look pretty weird next to the new skeleton kit, though. Their bones are really chunky in comparison. But maybe that's just the DEEPEST LORE: Ancient Nehekarans were all 8 feet tall and built like brick houses, actually!

• Like 3

Some Kruleboyz lore News! 

alright, my local game store over in Illinois is run by some pretty decent chaps. How decent? You might be asking? They let me pick up a copy of the new White Dwarf yesterday.

In the SoB segment it mentions how the sons and Kruleboyz don’t really get along, with fights between the Stomps and Klaws being common. There’s also mention of a bunch of gargants being led by a pair of spectral feet, and that at least one big boi worshipped Sigmar enough to become a saint.
pic(s) for proof:

image.jpg.5d271965fa906df7fefffa614f79fd2c.jpgimage.jpg.56cffc7e2b00d61a64c3c0520eec6d8e.jpg

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Bonereapers could get pretty interesting with just a few new tools. That archer unit, a big monster, a hero that makes Stalkers and Immortis better... Arkhan could get a real Bonereaper body. Maybe throw in chariots for that retro Tomb Kings feeling. In theory, the army could change a lot even with a relatively small amount of new kits. However, I am not sure if GW does small releases anymore. It seems more like the two options are a single new hero and maybe some kind of side game (Underworlds, Warcry) unit or a full 10+ new kits all at once.

Hopefully we will have a new model for Arkhan and a new wave of units for OBR, but not now. I think they need to develop the actual plot in Ghur, so a new OBR will come with the return of Nagash and his minions, and like Sigmar, unleashing a new ‘chamber’/better constructs. So I would see this in 2023.

10 minutes ago, japaricio said:

Hopefully we will have a new model for Arkhan and a new wave of units for OBR, but not now. I think they need to develop the actual plot in Ghur, so a new OBR will come with the return of Nagash and his minions, and like Sigmar, unleashing a new ‘chamber’/better constructs. So I would see this in 2023.

It's tricky with OBR: I think they could use both a range expansion and a quick new battletome, but as you say doing both in one go is seems hard to fit into the developing narrative. It would probably also be good to avoid a Lumineth situation with a second battletome only about a year after the first, which would be necessary if they get a quick tome soon and a range explansion later.

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's tricky with OBR: I think they could use both a range expansion and a quick new battletome, but as you say doing both in one go is seems hard to fit into the developing narrative.

I dunno, doubt it's likely but I think there's room for a background development of the OBR as something like a dark mirror to the Dawnbringer crusades and the foundation of the new cities in Ghur. New cities of bone, a challenge to Sigmar's expansionism, a continuation of the 'Feast of Bones' plot as they try to exert pressure on ogres/greenskins/giants for tribute and inadvertently attract Kragnos's attention.

From a certain angle I'd judge OBR a pretty good 'secondary antagonist to Order' in the narrative or a standard-bearer sort of faction for Death while Destruction takes the spotlight. A single-minded imperial machine that still functions startlingly well even in their god's (temporary) absence.

Agreed about the potential for a Lumineth multi-battletome situation though.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

My wishlist for OBR would be the archers most of us assume are in the works, a 5-man unit of heavy hitters that bridge the gap between Mortek Guard and Stalkers/Morghast, one hero akin to the big guy from Underworlds, and one or two proper big monsters (the specifics of which I'm not too worried about.)

I've a hunch that the lore bit from BR: Teclis where the OBR collected the Lumineth bones may tie in to the archers.

But we'll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, japaricio said:

I feel like Arkhan's current model works well enough for this edition. He got it in the WHFB 8th edition End Times, it's still a fairly impressive model and I'd argue it's suits the OBR aesthetic fine (like the morghasts and Nagash himself do).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Some Kruleboyz lore News! 

alright, my local game store over in Illinois, is run by some pretty decent chaps. How decent? You might be asking? They let me pick up a copy of the new White Dwarf yesterday.

In the SoB segment it mentions how the sons and Kruleboyz don’t really get along, with fights between the Stomps and Klaws being common. There’s also mention of a bunch of gargants being led by a pair of spectral feet, and that at least one big boi worshipped Sigmar enough to become a saint.
pic(s) for proof:

image.jpg.5d271965fa906df7fefffa614f79fd2c.jpgimage.jpg.56cffc7e2b00d61a64c3c0520eec6d8e.jpg

I probably wouldn't shout out the store that let you buy something pre street date as that could hurt them with GW. (Assuming this isn't supposed to be available till saturday)

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1