The Rumour Thread

Kind of sounds like it's just repeating a lot of the details from the B&C stuff but with a few random colour details to make it seem like it's coming from an 'industry insider', stuff anyone could have predicted, some general guesswork, and, well, smirking.

There's a few things in general that sound weird too, like Adeptus Titanicus being dropped when we've heard about it selling particularly well.

Edited by sandlemad

40 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

His December codieces are different than the B&C leak which is from a guy that got Octarius right so should be trustworthier.

There are some things that are the same like Tau in January or Killteam with Tau and Sisters so seems kinda strange to have something big like two Codices in December different

Here is everything he said concerning AoS:

Hide contents

- Rework of Slaves to Darkness
- Fyreslayers/Kharadron double release
- Bonereapers
-Chaos Dwars in 2022
-What plans does GW have for AOS in the foreseeable future?
> Army books are the big one, no factions are getting squatted but there may be a few mergers. Also looking at trying to make Combat Patrol equivalents to make getting into AoS easier
-Finecast models are slowly being rolled into plastic with a goal to have no materials other than our plastic by 2030

I'm assuming the Fyreslayers/KO release means a Souping? 

Chaos Duardin in 2022 seems likely enough, probably an end of year release.

Everything is so frustratingly vague in that thread. Chaos Dwarves 2022, but no hint at their lore, what they look like or how they play? Tau and Eldar are getting new models, but what are they? A large number of the posts just seem to be defending Games Workshop against fan backlash and the boycott, making me suspect this is either a fanboy or a PR move, but either way we are not getting anything substantial in terms of reveals. 😔

Edited by Neverchosen

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Everything is so frustratingly vague in that thread. Chaos Dwarves 2022, but no hint at what they look like or how they play? Tau and Eldar are getting new models, but what are they? A large number of the posts just seem to be defending Games Workshop against fan backlash and the boycott, making me suspect this is either a fanboy or a PR move, but either way we are not getting anything substantial in terms of reveals. 😔

Is just wild guessing considering the source..

They are all old rumors rehashed and mixed with something vague, i really doubt it's a pr move.

For example the titanicus part does'nt make sense.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Is just wild guessing considering the source..

They are all old rumors rehashed and mixed with something vague, i really doubt it's a pr move.

For example the titanicus part does'nt make sense.

I should have clarified that I do not think it is a PR move but rather that this sort of marketing is becoming more commonplace. Namely if this is a PR move it is a very, very bad one. In other words this reeks of 'a fanboy' who is attempting PR for the company they love.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

I still don't know why any "reliable" leaker would come out on 4chan. I trust absolutely nothing that comes from that cesspool of children, bigots, and trolls. If a leaker wanted to be trusted, they should do it on a less infamous platform. Anonymity is still possible elsewhere.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I still don't know why any "reliable" leaker would come out on 4chan. I trust absolutely nothing that comes from that cesspool of children, bigots, and trolls. If a leaker wanted to be trusted, they should do it on a less infamous platform. Anonymity is still possible elsewhere.

It's happened before plenty of times. Other websites still have accounts that can be tracked, even if there's no personal information involved

Spoiler

Also: I know what you actually meant, but seeing children grouped in with actual bigots as if they're both equally bad is hilarious

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Considering the /tg/ poster is contradicted by the B&C leaker who was accurate about Kill-Team/DKoK/Cadians almost a year ago, I'm going to trust the latter.

Was there any other leaks that this B&C leaker have? Also what is B&C? 

13 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

No need for specualtion ladies and gents, this is obviously fake - they claim that GW is going to lower prices in Australia, New Zealand and Japan...... 

When I end up moving back home to Oz my hobby spending will take a nosedive. I'll have to buy up everything here first, ship it over and paint my pile of shame for a few years.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Tbh some rumors were reliable,iirc the primaris was one of them.

Still like every other rumor site, only a tiny fraction of them will be true.

If GW were going to squat a game it would probably be Aeronautica Imperialis. Titanicus regularly sells out of most stuff on Forge World's site, the Battlebox they released the other month sold out very quickly and it's been getting consistent support for several years now - if they were pulling the plug I sincerely doubt we'd have seen stuff like the Warmaster.

That, and the /tg/ person mentions price reductions for the Aussies and Kiwis which- well, everyone's already had a good laugh at that one already.

• Like 2

Overall it looks like a collection of rumours assembled from the various things that've been muttered over the past months, woven together with some reasonable predictions and best-guess ideas plus a bit of attitude. There's nothing in there that absolutely proves the provenance of the guy's claims, and nothing he pointed to in the very short-term that would prove or disprove.

If he really was a GW employee with all that knowledge, I'd have expected him to throw out something that'd be shown as true in the next few weeks as proof of his claims. As it is, it'll be months before anything of the sort, at which point half of it will have percolated out into the wider rumour mill and be repeated until most people who hear it don't know the source any more.

• Like 2

This is s funny old site, we get lots of pages of off topic discussion and when actual rumours (weather they prove to be true or not) pop up they are instantly dismissed and not even considered 😂😂😂

A lot of it does sound like piecing together bits and bobs here, like a rumour engine being an avatar of Khaine and chaos dwarves are coming but surely it warrants a discussion rather than the same old off topic debates. 

Will be interesting to see if Dominion does sell out in the next few weeks as was started they are down to the last 10-15% as would mean the timing between Dominion and the new SCE and OW battletomes is about right. 

And imperial guard and nids as the December codexes sound right as nids are the big bad with orks in the latest upcoming campaign books and makes sense to release imperial guard to capitiluse on the Dkok from kill team. 

• Haha 1

Since it's mostly just existing rumours regurgitated, though, we've already discussed most of it to death.

The only AoS thing on there that'd be a surprise is Bonereapers being the first Death battletome for a revamp rather than Nighthaunt or FEC. Of course, Bonereapers need a new tome given their Relentless Discipline rules, and we've had the rumours for a while that they'll be getting a second wave some time next year - particularly the oft-suggested archer unit - so even that's not wildly unlikely. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Since it's mostly just existing rumours regurgitated, though, we've already discussed most of it to death.

The only AoS thing on there that'd be a surprise is Bonereapers being the first Death battletome for a revamp rather than Nighthaunt or FEC. Of course, Bonereapers need a new tome given their Relentless Discipline rules, and we've had the rumours for a while that they'll be getting a second wave some time next year - particularly the oft-suggested archer unit - so even that's not wildly unlikely. 

There is a bit of a pattern with GW of armies that have some glaring issues that are not getting adressed even though there is opportunity to do so (in an FAQ, GHB, Broken Realms...) actually having a battletome in the works. I think Relentless Discipline not being fixed in the FAQ could be an instance of this.

• Like 1

I really hope bonereapers will get a second wave like Lumineth and Slaanesh did...

Honestly i'm worried they'll just revamp the rules and call it a day.

The archer unit is mostly expected thanks to the underworld warband but some other infantry,cavalry or warmachine could be added (or some bone construct).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

Yeah I agree those rumours look like they've taken a few things already circulated and fleshed them out a bit. As much as Nids and Guard would fit a Christmas release the more reliable rumour guy has Custodes and GSC as the Christmas release plus the inclusion of Nid rules in Octarius book1 makes it look likely that the Nid book is a good bit out [these rules to get by in the meantime -GW are hardly going to invalidate a book 2 months later]. 

I also don't buy the Cursed City loss thing and Fyreslayers and Kharadron combined release would be more believable if they had mentioned a 3rd faction of dwarfs tying them together. I believe Whitefang on the combined dwarf book and that is significant because of the new faction of duardin, not just that KO and Slayers share a book. I don't feel that the combined book is soon though .

I do expect Squats next year, even just as a Killteam/gang. 

Hopefully a new preview/reveal will shed some light on what os coming and confirm/deny the various collections of rumours. The Christmas codexes will be the first test ,

6 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I really hope bonereapers will get a second wave like Lumineth and Slaanesh did...

Honestly i'm worried they'll just revamp the rules and call it a day.

The archer unit is mostly expected thanks to the underworld warband but some other infantry,cavalry or warmachine could be added (or some bone construct).

Bonereapers really need more battleline options to become interesting, even conditional battleline would be welcome. Their legions need a huge rebalancing, it is the worst internally and externally balanced lineup of sub factions I have seen.

The RDP system needs to be reimagined from the ground up, it has no identity of its own in AoS 3.0 and right now is almost more of a liability, making the army feel extremely limited in options.

I hope they get a new monster. The harvester i more a support piece. AoS 3.0 is the time of the hero monsters, so some kind of monster construct with sentience would be cool. Can't help but look at the nexus and imagining that big guy with the huge sword coming to life. I do not think that will happen though, I am pretty sure it will just be a book when it arrives at some point.

• Like 1

Personally I think the B&C leak is pretty credible. 

I've kind of given up on 4chan. It's 99% ****** posting. I used to go there for resources but there are better places now.

Also the Incel style alt right humor has become less tolerable since it started to lead to actual real life violence.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I agree those rumours look like they've taken a few things already circulated and fleshed them out a bit. As much as Nids and Guard would fit a Christmas release the more reliable rumour guy has Custodes and GSC as the Christmas release plus the inclusion of Nid rules in Octarius book1 makes it look likely that the Nid book is a good bit out [these rules to get by in the meantime -GW are hardly going to invalidate a book 2 months later]. 

I also don't buy the Cursed City loss thing and Fyreslayers and Kharadron combined release would be more believable if they had mentioned a 3rd faction of dwarfs tying them together. I believe Whitefang on the combined dwarf book and that is significant because of the new faction of duardin, not just that KO and Slayers share a book. I don't feel that the combined book is soon though .

I do expect Squats next year, even just as a Killteam/gang. 

Hopefully a new preview/reveal will shed some light on what os coming and confirm/deny the various collections of rumours. The Christmas codexes will be the first test ,

They mention kharadon and fyreslayers uniting in the core book and I assume broken realms.