The Rumour Thread

The arm really is dwarfy in its proportions, though the gear looks pretty 40k. The cross-hatched grip on this tool/weapon feels like it might be distinctive.

Another squat for necromunda? Or something more, given there was mention of forthcoming 40k squats in that disappeared bunch of 40k rumours?

Edited by sandlemad

59 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Another squat for necromunda? Or something more, given there was mention of forthcoming 40k squats in that disappeared bunch of 40k rumours?

Them being stated as something 'in the pipeline' implied it was some ways away and I guess Rumour Engines have ranged from anything five minutes away to over a year.

There was no context to WHAT they would be, but the rumours only covered 40k and a bit of Kill-Team, which does suggest it's not just a gang for Necromunda.

There is also the matter of the sci-fi limb replacement-with-a-shoe Rumour Engines that people speculated might be Duardin, but between that, this and the Squat rumour it's looking less likely to be something for AoS.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The arm really is dwarfy in its proportions, though the gear looks pretty 40k. The cross-hatched grip on this tool/weapon feels like it might be distinctive.

Yeah could be a Squat killteam coming which might tie in with those 40k rumours [which were taken down pretty quickly -the source had the DeathKorps vs Orks a year before release]. So it's possible along with the other 2 dwarf type rumour engines. 

I'd love something dwarf-y, squats would do fine if it wasn't new Grungni faction dwarfs..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Bretonnia or Tomb Kings might be taking it a bit far but yeah, BT went from being posterboys for 40k to having their own codex and unique minis, to being folded into Space Marines at large and had a lot of its unique flavour dropped. I get why people are (justifiably!) treating this as Yet More Space Marines but this is also a situation where a faction with a big fandom was minimised for about 15 years and is having something like a triumphant comeback.

Still marines, still moving between tiers of well-supported 40k armyhood, still more than random Stormcast factions and a big deal to a lot of people in a way that e.g. a new regular marines kit wouldn't be.

Fingers crossed! SCE and Kruleboys seem like near-guarantees for WHU but I do wonder if we'll stay in Ghur to sync with AoS's current emphasis on the realm of beasts or if we'll shift to somewhere new.

Honestly WHU feels like it could do with a more significant rules refresh anyway, it's gotten very bloated with all these crufty rules in the last two seasons.

I believe we may move Realms and have it set in the next location for the Narrative, perhaps even Ulgu!! Though Ghur is my favourite Realm I'd love to see Ghyran.

Regarding the RE based off the Rumours and the more teams coming to Kill Team I think it could be a Squat Kill Team. 

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Wall to wall 40k. Throw us a bone GW!

"Stormcast and Kruelboyz are coming soon, you won't have to wait long! 

Speaking of bones, the Bonesplitterz of the Orruk Warclans sure love them! Why not pick up a box of Savage Orruks and Savage Boarboys today?!"

- GW, probably.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

41 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Wall to wall 40k. Throw us a bone GW!

36 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Speaking of bones, the Bonesplitterz of the Orruk Warclans sure love them! Why not pick up a box of Savage Orruks and Savage Boarboys today?!"

- GW, probably.

At least we know the new tomes and some of the models will go on Pre Order on the 28th!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

- GW, probably.

"All out attack makes Savage Orruks real winners in their new battletome" 

A "playtester" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

36 minutes ago, Talas said:

A lot (and I mean a lot) of new rumors are being posted in 4chan right now, take with a grain of salt and all that: https://boards.4channel.org/tg/thread/80850610#p80850742

His December codieces are different than the B&C leak which is from a guy that got Octarius right so should be trustworthier.

There are some things that are the same like Tau in January or Killteam with Tau and Sisters so seems kinda strange to have something big like two Codices in December different

Here is everything he said concerning AoS:

Spoiler

- Rework of Slaves to Darkness
- Fyreslayers/Kharadron double release
- Bonereapers
-Chaos Dwars in 2022
-What plans does GW have for AOS in the foreseeable future?
> Army books are the big one, no factions are getting squatted but there may be a few mergers. Also looking at trying to make Combat Patrol equivalents to make getting into AoS easier
-Finecast models are slowly being rolled into plastic with a goal to have no materials other than our plastic by 2030

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2