The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have told all my 40k playing friends that I would 100 percent play a Dark Mechanicus army no questions asked. Even if I hated the models I would just paint up some admech and kitbash them with my S2D bits (although I think I will take a cue from your post and also look at some Necromunda gangs). Then I would toss in a big Chaos Knight to get me to 2000 points. 😇

But back to AOS I feel we will get a reveal later today. I am hoping for something Kruelboyz related but I am not holding my breath. We have had mixed messages on wether we have seen the whole range but we do know that there is some Stormcast yet to be revealed. So I feel it is a toss up regarding Kruelboyz. 😨

I’m working on a dark mech army right now, it’s Japanese biker gang themed(and corrupted by Slaanesh).

AOS wise I’m done wishing for things for Kruleboyz, they’ve jerked us around too many times already. Now I’m hoping for Chaos Dwarfs or that STD gets a new chaos warrior multipart kit.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

A new model for Titanicus revealed, so perhaps that was it for today.

It was. It’s rare for them to have articles this late (apart from previews at 6 on a Sunday and other scheduled previews), and they’ve sent out their Monday email which they do after the last article on a Monday. 

4 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Good news everyone! The 40k article for today seems to be for the… codex… cover. Jeez, they’re really just throwing anything out and making an article for it, aren’t they?

Black Templars didn't have their own codex since 4th edition while being one of the most popular SM factions. It's like they announced Bretonnia or Tomb Kings codex for AoS. Hype is massive in 40k community.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

Black Templars didn't have their own codex since 4th edition while being one of the most popular SM factions. It's like they announced Bretonnia or Tomb Kings codex for AoS. Hype is massive in 40k community.

I mean Black Templar are part of the Space Marine range aren't they? Have people not been able to play Black Templars since fourth edition? Isn't this more like if Stormcast: Astral Templars or Stormcast: Hallowed Knights got a book?

Bretonnia or Tomb Kings getting a new book would be more like Squats getting a new codex. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Sadly yes. It’s missing out on a lot of potential imo. Just imagine all the abominations chaos could spawn or the Xenos.

The unknown vastness of space, the literal limitless possibilities for Xeno life and they, just dont do anything with it? I cant get into 40K for that reason alone. AOS has an almost near limitless setting and look how they've expanded and what they've done. 40K to me will always be Marines and Friends.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The unknown vastness of space, the literal limitless possibilities for Xeno life and they, just dont do anything with it? I cant get into 40K for that reason alone. AOS has an almost near limitless setting and look how they've expanded and what they've done. 40K to me will always be Marines and Friends.

Exact same here. I had a stint in 40k with some KISS themed Chaos Knights which I really enjoyed painting, but I really couldn't get into anything else or even feel excited about releases as everything felt so Space Marine centric. And not just SM getting more models, but moreso all of the important lore revolving around them in some way. I felt that a bit with Stormcast in AoS, but they moved away from that and now nearly every faction (sorry Beastmen) seems important in the lore which is great. 

For those interested in the KISS knights, here they are :P

RDT_20210816_2007323805154850310775804.jpg

RDT_20210816_2007126652189383717090788.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Just imagine all the abominations chaos.

Sooo Spikes?
Every time I see Space Marines Fighting Chaos Space Marines I think of this scene:

Tying this back to AoS I am so happy that Stormcast and Chaos Warriors derive design elements from different historical sources creating some actual visual variety in the game.

In other words I am happy that we have Angelic Bronze Age Warriors fighting Demonic Viking Knights.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Exact same here. I had a stint in 40k with some KISS themed Chaos Knights which I really enjoyed painting, but I really couldn't get into anything else or even feel excited about releases as everything felt so Space Marine centric. And not just SM getting more models, but moreso all of the important lore revolving around them in some way. I felt that a bit with Stormcast in AoS, but they moved away from that and now nearly every faction (sorry Beastmen) seems important in the lore which is great. 

Absolutely stunning mate!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I mean Black Templar are part of the Space Marine range aren't they? Have people not been able to play Black Templars since fourth edition? Isn't this more like if Stormcast: Astral Templars or Stormcast: Hallowed Knights got a book?

Bretonnia or Tomb Kings getting a new book would be more like Squats getting a new codex. 

Did somebody mention TOMB KINGS?!  Oh wait, it’s just the usual complaining comparison…… *summons the necropolis* WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?!?!?!

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly @KingBrodd I’m not that hung up on the Xenos, mostly due to the fact that I’m not sure what kind of monstrosity they could unleash upon us that won’t just have the fans be like “Oh! They ripped off X!” But you know what? I kinda wanna see them do some kind of bio mechanical monstrosity like the quintessons from transformers: image.jpeg.793fc5e8f222aa539f84124b3f026b89.jpeg

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

First off, amazing painting as always @Enoby, you are both an inspiration and a source of envy. A big problem I have with the lore nowadays is that Chaos is now almost all Chaos Space Marines of some flavor. Some of my favorite recent releases have been the Gellerpox Infected, and the Corpse Grinder Cults.

These two “factions” showcase some of the myriad ways chaos can affect a person. The Gellerpox are sailors who’ve fallen to plague because of the ancient superstitions that are supposed to protect them from it, and the Corpse Grinders have snapped from the brutal way the Imperium handles the mortuary business. Now though, all we get is some form of space marine legion/chapter/warband, and it gets really annoying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

These are outrageous, great work

• Thanks 1

Yea, too bad most of 40k range and lore is about Space Marines of different varieties. They have good lore and models, sure, but come on, you can't build a trully immersive universe with so much of a single "good guys and bad guys" variation in the centre of it. Most other forces feel like extras there. And yet, I would still go into 40k with either Astra Militarum or Eldar if only most of their infantry and vehicle models were not so old and pretty bad for assembly qq Most vehicles still look decent, but come on, GW, every store with plastic tank models have a lot of much better and at the same time cheaper offers than you produce.

No offence to Stormcast, but I'm really glad AoS did not become "Ground Marines and friends" as well. Well, at least for now, while it's great that they got much better aestetic with new models, SCE model bloat already is in quite dangerous waters. Some of their roster feels quite redundant already, and it will only get worse if GW won't stop with forcing one faction to rule them all and start reinforcing others. Or, well, GW could indeed planning to squat all gen 1 SCE and replace their roster completely with gen 2 models in 5-7 years, but that would be controversial at best, unless older models could be officially permitted to be proxied as certain new units. Considering that this literally never happened... Well, this turn of event would suck for everyone.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

To attempt to move things slightly back on topic had all of the Necron and Space Marine stuff been revealed at this point relative to the release of Indomitus? I am wondering if they are waiting for the next big event to reveal the rest of the SCE and hopefully Kruelboyz models. 

Im hoping it gets revealed sometime this week, if they are getting more models with the book launch. We should be getting the Pre-Order announcement this Sunday for SCE and Kruleboyz unless things got pushed back. 

Still hoping for Kruleboy cavalry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

To attempt to move things slightly back on topic had all of the Necron and Space Marine stuff been revealed at this point relative to the release of Indomitus? I am wondering if they are waiting for the next big event to reveal the rest of the SCE and hopefully Kruelboyz models. 

40k actually had a longer gap between the big box set and the first codexes. Indomitus was released on July 25th and the first codexes came out on October 10th. The last miniatures preview was on September 12th, a full month before the codex came out. Some of those miniatures weren't actually released until this May. 

I really hope AoS doesn't follow that schedule. 

With nothing revealed today, I think it is highly unlikely that we see any more miniatures before launch. There is a possibility that we will see scenery or endless spells. I will also be extremely surprised if the next underworlds starter is not Stormcast Vs Kruleboyz. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2021 at 8:59 PM, SunStorm said:

Their most recent financial report says that their next project is to overhaul and redesign the website, as they acknowledge it's no longer suitable. The queue system seems to be a stop gap to prevent the scalpers, while they can implement a new system as part of the overhaul. 

I'll be more than happy to tender 😉

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

40k actually had a longer gap between the big box set and the first codexes. Indomitus was released on July 25th and the first codexes came out on October 10th. The last miniatures preview was on September 12th, a full month before the codex came out. Some of those miniatures weren't actually released until this May. 

I really hope AoS doesn't follow that schedule. 

With nothing revealed today, I think it is highly unlikely that we see any more miniatures before launch. There is a possibility that we will see scenery or endless spells. I will also be extremely surprised if the next underworlds starter is not Stormcast Vs Kruleboyz. 

I agree, SCE and Kruelboyz are shoe ins for Underworlds this Season, Underworlds usually drops in September but last year was December with the delays so I think that will hold true for this year as well considering were halfway through August without even a name for this Season.

7 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Im hoping it gets revealed sometime this week, if they are getting more models with the book launch. We should be getting the Pre-Order announcement this Sunday for SCE and Kruleboyz unless things got pushed back. 

Still hoping for Kruleboy cavalry. 

Battletome preorder are on 28th , i still hope for Kruleboyz cavalry too but it seems very unlikely: on AoS Facebook profile they confirmed multiple times that all have been revealed :(

14 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

Bretonnia or Tomb Kings might be taking it a bit far but yeah, BT went from being posterboys for 40k to having their own codex and unique minis, to being folded into Space Marines at large and had a lot of its unique flavour dropped. I get why people are (justifiably!) treating this as Yet More Space Marines but this is also a situation where a faction with a big fandom was minimised for about 15 years and is having something like a triumphant comeback.

Still marines, still moving between tiers of well-supported 40k armyhood, still more than random Stormcast factions and a big deal to a lot of people in a way that e.g. a new regular marines kit wouldn't be.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree, SCE and Kruelboyz are shoe ins for Underworlds this Season, Underworlds usually drops in September but last year was December with the delays so I think that will hold true for this year as well considering were halfway through August without even a name for this Season.

Fingers crossed! SCE and Kruleboys seem like near-guarantees for WHU but I do wonder if we'll stay in Ghur to sync with AoS's current emphasis on the realm of beasts or if we'll shift to somewhere new.

Honestly WHU feels like it could do with a more significant rules refresh anyway, it's gotten very bloated with all these crufty rules in the last two seasons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

I get why people are (justifiably!) treating this as Yet More Space Marines but this is also a situation where a faction with a big fandom was minimised for about 15 years and is having something like a triumphant comeback.

Still marines, still moving between tiers of well-supported 40k armyhood, still more than random Stormcast factions and a big deal to a lot of people in a way that e.g. a new regular marines kit wouldn't be.

Fingers crossed! SCE and Kruleboys seem like near-guarantees for WHU but I do wonder if we'll stay in Ghur to sync with AoS's current emphasis on the realm of beasts or if we'll shift to somewhere new.

Honestly WHU feels like it could do with a more significant rules refresh anyway, it's gotten very bloated with all these crufty rules in the last two seasons.

For me, it's Space Marines that seem even more religious. So no change really, except they have a different colour.

I would love swamp orcs in WHU, even though the price per model has bloated, it's a way to get a few different sculpts in a set. Plus, because it's mostly smaller scale, more along the lines of the potgrot and stabgrot would be logical, right? I also wouldn't mind these Stormcast.

I'm not sure less complexity is where we're heading for WHU, the main game has increased complexity as well.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

For me, it's Space Marines that seem even more religious. So no change really, except they have a different colour.

I would love swamp orcs in WHU, even though the price per model has bloated, it's a way to get a few different sculpts in a set. Plus, because it's mostly smaller scale, more along the lines of the potgrot and stabgrot would be logical, right? I also wouldn't mind these Stormcast.

I'm not sure less complexity is where we're heading for WHU, the main game has increased complexity as well.

That's my point, that as much as it can be reduced to more marines in a different scheme, this does have some traits of other situations in that this is a particular faction that was minimised, if not squatted, and whose fans saw a lot of their uniqueness stripped from their dudes for a long time. I think it's a meaningfully different situation to Primaris Bolter Infantry Release #7 or whatever. It's not entirely just ladling more of the same on top, it's something that quite a few people have been hoping for for a long time. I'm happy for them in a way I wouldn't be for (to use a particularly OTT example) lumineth players getting a resculpt for their vanari wardens or something else no one was asking for.

RE: WHU, I'm the same, no interest in getting a full Kruleboys force but the WHU sculpts are a way to have a nice little painting project in a game I can actually expect to play semi-regularly.

More's the pity about the complexity though. Hunger and primacy and the hunter/quarry mechanics really feel like rules bloat that have added more book-keeping than they have actual meaningful effect to the game. I get why they were added but it feels like the designers are edging up against the limit of the WHU design space, let alone the actual space on the cards. Along with the price, this is the sort of thing that makes it a less attractive prospect for folks starting out.

The problem is that these mechanics are rather locked in to certain warbands' rules (e.g. the vampires' theoretically cool but practically tedious mechanism for tracking hunger, etc) so any kind of fresh start would be a very difficult thing without invalidating a bunch of recent releases. I dunno, we'll see.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1