The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/10/magic-and-mayhem-the-dragon-princes-rules-make-them-a-ruinous-tag-team-in-battle/

Hahaha cool, another run of the mill rules preview. I’m sure glad we know there’s no more new models, otherwise we’d go into a frenzy thanks to all the directionless hype. Anyway- wait? What was that? 

2296A787-B5E5-4045-89A3-C6D02E3D1C9B.jpeg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Any guesses? Even more dragons? I kind of want to see another Stormcast warmachine - but then, I want to see more warmachines in general. I do think the Thunderstrike wave has done a good job in covering almost every battlefield role and weapon type.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

"It contains 76 warscrolls for Stormcast Eternals of every flavour, as well as all the battalions, battleplans, artefacts of power, traits, and spell lores. "

Battalions are part of path to glory now so they will still be in the book.

18 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/10/magic-and-mayhem-the-dragon-princes-rules-make-them-a-ruinous-tag-team-in-battle/

Hahaha cool, another run of the mill rules preview. I’m sure glad we know there’s no more new models, otherwise we’d go into a frenzy thanks to all the directionless hype. Anyway- wait? What was that? 

2296A787-B5E5-4045-89A3-C6D02E3D1C9B.jpeg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Theres still a chance for Kruelboyz to get a Cavlary option then!! Or it's more Stormcast Drake units!! Regardless I'm very happy with the Kruelboyz release, I'm happy to see Destruction start getting the attention.

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

So there are going to be 12 more units in the new stormcast book (76 as opposed to current 64 on GW site)

Are those all accounted for? I'm not a stormcast player.

Hmm, as for new stuff...

Yndastra, Bastian Carthalos, Lord-Imperatant, Knight-Arcanum, Knight-Relictor, new Knight-Vexillor, Knight-Judicator, Praetors, Annihilators, Vindictors, Vanquishers, Vigilors, the chariot, Stormguard, Knight-Draconis, Kondrys, red dragon...

We're way past 12??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Hmm, as for new stuff...

Yndastra, Bastian Carthalos, Lord-Imperatant, Knight-Arcanum, Knight-Relictor, new Knight-Vexillor, Knight-Judicator, Praetors, Annihilators, Vindictors, Vanquishers, Vigilors, the chariot, Stormguard, Knight-Draconis, Kondrys, red dragon...

We're way past 12??

I could see them combining some warscrolls together, like Protectors/Retributors/Decimators and the Dracothian Guard.

• Like 2

Just now, PJetski said:

I could see them combining some warscrolls together, like Protectors/Retributors/Decimators and the Dracothian Guard.

That would certainly make a lot of sense! I understand that AoS wanted lots of gear-swapping and equipment lists, but I never understood why they had to give different names to otherwise identical units. Made the battletome (and webshop) look very bloated. And inconsistent too: Liberators are Liberators, regardless of hammers and swords, but Retributors become Decimators when they wield axes?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

I don't think the KB roster is small, but it's definitely lopsided toward (assumedly) expensive monster-mounted heroes that are going to be competing for limited roster slots and points. They're definitely missing roles in their army, which isn't uncommon in AoS, but the army as a whole feels like it's one unit shy of being a nice, complete force.

Yup, that's how I feel about it. Maybe even would have helped my perception of the Kruleboyz release if the Hobgrots looked more like part of the rest of the faction too, but I also would've happily traded them for a different unit of Orruk Kruleboyz instead and see Hobgrots be their own thing.

Edited by Gareth 🍄

10 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Hmm, as for new stuff...

We're way past 12??

When I look in battlescribe, they have 60 warscrolls with the new stuff from dominion, not including the warbands cause idk if those are included in battletomes. So 10 accounted for past that, so six unknown? 

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Theres still a chance for Kruelboyz to get a Cavlary option then!! Or it's more Stormcast Drake units!! Regardless I'm very happy with the Kruelboyz release, I'm happy to see Destruction start getting the attention.

THE FAITH IS RETURNING TO ME!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

36 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

I don't think the KB roster is small, but it's definitely lopsided toward (assumedly) expensive monster-mounted heroes that are going to be competing for limited roster slots and points. They're definitely missing roles in their army, which isn't uncommon in AoS, but the army as a whole feels like it's one unit shy of being a nice, complete force.

AOS, at least up to this point, has not been a game where diversity and breadth equates to anything besides jack of all trades, master of none.

Most competitive lists have a central ethos and 3 or 4 units to execute it, and often one of those components makes up a huge spamor summon percentage. 

KB are not missing any of those classic AOS requirements. 

While it's true that the new rules with their reinforcement quota sort of nerf that approach, they do so *directly* in favour of massively buffed heroes and monster mechanics and participation, which are well represented among the KB.

• Like 1

There's 53 warscrolls in the old book, plus gardus and the underworlds warband from season 2 makes 56.

In Dominion there are 7 units. 

After that we have have 4 different dragons, 3 new units if annihilators get a second warscroll for the different weapon, 3 new heroes and the chariot. 

That leaves 2.

Persecutors have two listings in the store but only one warscroll currently. My guess is that is split and the missing warscroll is a new scenery kit. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

There's 53 warscrolls in the old book, plus gardus and the underworlds warband from season 2 makes 56.

In Dominion there are 7 units. 

After that we have have 4 different dragons, 3 new units if annihilators get a second warscroll for the different weapon, 3 new heroes and the chariot. 

That leaves 2.

Persecutors have two listings in the store but only one warscroll currently. My guess is that is split and the missing warscroll is a new scenery kit. 

Actually we know that Judicators get their warscroll split in the new book from the points page leak a while back in the how to play videos. So it's likely prosecutors don't change and we get judicators split plus i guess another new unit. Why do stormcast need all this stuff gw?? This is coming from a stormcast player! I love these models but give other factions love too!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Actually we know that Judicators get their warscroll split in the new book from the points page leak a while back in the how to play videos. So it's likely prosecutors don't change and we get judicators split plus i guess another new unit. Why do stormcast need all this stuff gw?? This is coming from a stormcast player! I love these models but give other factions love too!

You don't need different warscrolls to have different pitched battle profiles. For example, Steam Tanks and Stegadons 

Can't imagine it's another unit or the kruleboyz cav (because why wouldn't the hint be in the Gobsprakk article yesterday?), it'll be something gamey like dice, combat gauge or scenery presumably. Maybe a Getting Started set containing the sacrosanct from the last starter set. 

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You don't need different warscrolls to have different pitched battle profiles. For example, Steam Tanks and Stegadons 

Good point, I've never looked at Cities or Seraphon too closely so I never noticed those units. Even though its likely surprises for stormcast, I do really hope its for Kruleboyz.