The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

People derive from the path because they don't want to leave the responsibilities with GW with whatever actions or inactions they have done to make people think twice. Believe it or not people eventually want productive change and they will not wait for it.

I‘ve been in this hobby for 20 years and that has never happened. It‘s usually a tiny spark that drowns within days, due to the reasons I‘ve stated above. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ve been in this hobby for 20 years and that has never happened. It‘s usually a tiny spark that drowns within days, due to the reasons I‘ve stated above. 

20 years into the hobby, then you must be aware of just a few following examples that have made impactful changes in both the hobby and skirmish games by the community or individuals:

• 3D printing
  • Homebrew rule groups
  • Campaign groups
  • Indie franchises
  • Online forums such as TGA
  • Ebay or sites like Kijiji
  • LSG's table space
  • Hobby supply franchises

There are numerous other things that have made impactful changes, I bet you yourself have been involved in at least a few of these points. Just because you yourself have not been directly impacted whether by your own choices or not doesn't mean they do not exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Blood0Tiger said:

20 years into the hobby, then you must be aware of just a few following examples that have made impactful changes in both the hobby and skirmish games by the community or individuals:

• 3D printing
  • Homebrew rule groups
  • Campaign groups
  • Indie franchises
  • Online forums such as TGA
  • Ebay or sites like Kijiji
  • LSG's table space
  • Hobby supply franchises

There are numerous other things that have made impactful changes, I bet you yourself have been involved in at least a few of these points. Just because you yourself have not been directly impacted whether by your own choices or not doesn't mean they do not exist.

I am pretty sure we‘re not talking about the same topic.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

i mean there a big chance a lot of armies won't get significant updates in this edition not just skaven.

in reality GW usuallyonly  have their flagship armies get stable updates every edition or so (Space marines, some imperium army and then a mix of either Orks or CSM depending on your view point.) rest usually wait 6 to 9 year or so depending the army.

Oh I fully understand most Factions wont get significant updates this Edition. In that list for AOS I'm assuming that; Sons of Behemat, Gloomspite Gitz, HOS, Soulblight, Nurgle, KO, Nighthaunt and more probably wont be updated in any major way. I just think its Skavens time.

2 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

On a different topic, in the recent Thousand Sons codex there was a page of fluff for a named character for each subfaction, which I think is really neat. Hope they start doing them for the new Battletomes.

I would absolutely love this!! Some people prefer not having many names characters in AOS but I bloody love it!! It helps ground the Realms and gives us focal points in the narrative.

2 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

On a different topic, in the recent Thousand Sons codex there was a page of fluff for a named character for each subfaction, which I think is really neat. Hope they start doing them for the new Battletomes.

That's nice. I got worried when I saw the Ork codex in my Beast Snagga box because it feels kind of... empty compared to the last one. The 8th edition codex had full lore pages for all the different units (from Boyz to Bonebreakas), named characters, klans, and then a timeline of short fun events (like a Mek looting a Necron Tomb while the Phaeron sleeps). The new codex feels a lot shorter: Here is what an Ork is, here is what a Beast Snagga is, here are what Speed Freeks and Meks are, and here are the Klanz. Then rules. Half of the Klan pages lost a lot of the art (such as what their Boyz look like, and alternate glyphs) and some of the entries are significantly shorter. Here are some rushed comparison photos, left is 9th and right is 8th. Goffs got the least text despite being the "face" of our army. On the old codex the lore pages end at page 68, while the new codex the lore ends on Page 36. I am the guy who cares about fluff more than crunch, so it's been bothering me a little.

I guess they had to make space for the Crusade rules, but it still feels oddly empty.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
  • Like 8

On 8/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, zilberfrid said:

Of the 11 AoS things still available on Forgeworld, these two are present.

Now I do think they'll be dumped, but there is no indication of that having happened, they are also not present in the compendia.

Zilberfrid, are you from Germany?

It seems like the rumors for the upcoming releases are relatively scattered.

First it was mentioned that Kruelboyz would be getting some sort of Calvary option, chaos dwarfs would be in the distant future, and that Dwarfs will be souped into a single book. Now, there’s speculation that both Skaven and Cities of Sigmar would be getting some sort of update. 

Anyone hear of any news or rumors that could suggest when we would be seeing any of these releases? My guess, from looking at GW’s release trends and from what others have said, is that September (or the very least October) will have something, possibly Skaven/CoS due to the discontinuation of some of their products from the webstore. 

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

First it was mentioned that Kruelboyz would be getting some sort of Calvary option, chaos dwarfs would be in the distant future, and that Dwarfs will be souped into a single book. Now, there’s speculation that both Skaven and Cities of Sigmar would be getting some sort of update. 

Anyone hear of any news or rumors that could suggest when we would be seeing any of these releases? My guess, from looking at GW’s release trends and from what others have said, is that September (or the very least October) will have something, possibly Skaven/CoS due to the discontinuation of some of their products from the webstore. 

We already know that October will have a Chaos-related release, so that's not a rumour but something confirmed. The question is what exactly, especially since most of Chaos still needs expanded releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

There has been rumor of a skaven update😍😍😍😍😍image.png.023b687f27de82084e0f0cb3b44fb6d1.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Tbf their App Department seems to be either extremely understaffed (maybe no one wants to work for them at their current minimum wages) or chaotic. 🤷🏼‍♂️
outsourcing a app to a agency that’s specialized in it would speed this up significantly.

I'm a developer, and I couldn't pay my bills on the salaries GW offers ... At the rate they pay there only going to attract juniors, or people who love the hobby more than feeding their kids... I suspect that this is part of why gw apps are a bit sh*t

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

First it was mentioned that Kruelboyz would be getting some sort of Calvary option

I can't actually remember any particular rumour about that beyond people speculating that a "Great" Gnashtoof might mean there could be a "lesser" Gnashtoof. And people assuming that a like from Whitefang = confirmation of whatever. Pretty thin but it is rumours, I guess, not facts.

Personally, I would really love to see some more Kruleboyz stuff but I fear that we've seen it all. For now.

27 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

It's funny that people are speculating about Skaven now when just a few weeks ago everyone seemed to be dead sure that it'd be Maggotkin or Beasts of Chaos followed by united Duardin. 

I'm surprised at how eagerly people have been devouring the "Dude Trust Me" rumours coming from Reddit and /tg/ recently, when even on TGA a few months back I'd have expected such """rumours""" to be handwaved as lying wishlisters. It seems after that one Grimdark Live leak was right about Kruelboyz a couple of weeks before they were revealed, people are a lot more trusting of- well, anything.

The United Dawi, Chaos Dwarf and Dawnbringer Crusaders """rumours""" only started popping up around the same time the lore for those three things appeared. If we'd have heard anything prior to that I might have believed them, but it just seems like educated guesses based off lore that feels believable enough to happen eventually.

Like how we've been getting Malerion """rumours""" since 1.0 because he's appeared in the lore, so it's reasonable to expect we'll get his faction eventually and fake-rumours get thrown out and people buy into it because, yeah, he's obviously going to show up at some point so it's not totally out there.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm surprised at how eagerly people have been devouring the "Dude Trust Me" rumours coming from Reddit and /tg/ recently, when even on TGA a few months back I'd have expected such """rumours""" to be handwaved as lying wishlisters. It seems after that one Grimdark Live leak was right about Kruelboyz a couple of weeks before they were revealed, people are a lot more trusting of- well, anything.

The United Dawi, Chaos Dwarf and Dawnbringer Crusaders """rumours""" only started popping up around the same time the lore for those three things appeared. If we'd have heard anything prior to that I might have believed them, but it just seems like educated guesses based off lore that feels believable enough to happen eventually.

Like how we've been getting Malerion """rumours""" since 1.0 because he's appeared in the lore, so it's reasonable to expect we'll get his faction eventually and fake-rumours get thrown out and people buy into it because, yeah, he's obviously going to show up at some point so it's not totally out there.

Well that's how rumors usually works considering the internet (save for the reliable ones).
I could say that 4-5 armies are getting a 2nd wave and maybe getting 1 out of 5 and still people would think i'm reliable when i was just making a wishlists, based on some guesses or logical point (for example: after the cursed city live it's  certain that CoS will get "something" in the future, still it could means a lot of different things or the whole Malerion incoming part).
Also some rumors were mixed up with trolling....i remember some topics usually thrown in some board to stir the flames.
Kruleboyz were an interesting part because many threw random guesses(goblins\hobgoblins on wolf cavalry and so on) and then changed tune when Grimdark talked about the whole "Lotr orcs" thing....

15 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

That's nice. I got worried when I saw the Ork codex in my Beast Snagga box because it feels kind of... empty compared to the last one. The 8th edition codex had full lore pages for all the different units (from Boyz to Bonebreakas), named characters, klans, and then a timeline of short fun events (like a Mek looting a Necron Tomb while the Phaeron sleeps). The new codex feels a lot shorter: Here is what an Ork is, here is what a Beast Snagga is, here are what Speed Freeks and Meks are, and here are the Klanz. Then rules. Half of the Klan pages lost a lot of the art (such as what their Boyz look like, and alternate glyphs) and some of the entries are significantly shorter. Here are some rushed comparison photos, left is 9th and right is 8th. Goffs got the least text despite being the "face" of our army. On the old codex the lore pages end at page 68, while the new codex the lore ends on Page 36. I am the guy who cares about fluff more than crunch, so it's been bothering me a little.

I guess they had to make space for the Crusade rules, but it still feels oddly empty.

I really hope this isnt a trend. I'm into the hobby as a Lore enthusiast first and hobbyist second. I dont even touch the gaming side of things. If they go that route and give more of the book over to rules than lore I'll be very disappointed.

Also it's that time of the week so fingers crossed for a Preview Announcement people!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 5

It's been a pattern with all the current edition codex for 40K and its something I hope a lot of people complain about. I really loved seeing the Tyranid codex grow over the years from a few pages of lore in the 3rd edition to 100 pages ni the current but losing the unit description pages is a big blow. They set the scene for the army; they give units a sense of identity and character beyond their functionality .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I never liked the unit description page. In 8th they felt like a huge filler. Boring, redundant and vague bloat of text, didn't lose much to condensed them to one sentence with the data sheet and only keep them for characters and what to be define. 

Codex space marine is good because they actually do something with the room it gain, but many just reduce without doing anything instead. 

Edited by ian0delond
  • Sad 2