The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Bonegrinder to Legends
Dread Saurian to Legends

Of the 11 AoS things still available on Forgeworld, these two are present.

Now I do think they'll be dumped, but there is no indication of that having happened, they are also not present in the compendia.

Here's another genuine rumour for you. A Japanese games workshop store just posted a list of items that are set to be replaced.

Here's the translation of the tweet.Screenshot_20210807-143220.png.73d6129ba79fef12a6e70d881ae4434b.png

And here's the list of items. 20210807_143156.jpg.99560568f87e766b7425f1f316155e83.jpg

Most of this makes sense. Old kill team, malign sorcery, Soul wars, Stormcast and warclans battletomes. Two items stand out, however. The Skaven and Cities of Sigmar battletomes are in there. Could they be the next books to come for AoS???

Whitefang did hint at Skaven earlier and they are Chaos. Also new minis for Cities of Sigmar is one of the most requested things right now. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Here's another genuine rumour for you. A Japanese games workshop store just posted a list of items that are set to be replaced.

Here's the translation of the tweet.Screenshot_20210807-143220.png.73d6129ba79fef12a6e70d881ae4434b.png

And here's the list of items. 20210807_143156.jpg.99560568f87e766b7425f1f316155e83.jpg

Most of this makes sense. Old kill team, malign sorcery, Soul wars, Stormcast and warclans battletomes. Two items stand out, however. The Skaven and Cities of Sigmar battletomes are in there. Could they be the next books to come for AoS???

Whitefang did hint at Skaven earlier and they are Chaos. Also new minis for Cities of Sigmar is one of the most requested things right now. 

Don’t forget that white dwarf article featuring “The Realm of The Horned Rat” from a while back. Cities also makes sense with the rumors we had about the Dawnbringer Crusades and The Old World clearly showing people want regular humans.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Interesting, as you mentioned this would imply an update to Cities of Sigmar and Skaven. CoS could use some nee models to better match the setting, whereas Skaven (IMO) are some of the most outdated models in the range. If anyone deserves a new model refresh, it’s absolutely Skaven and their play doh muscle arms lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I'm on board with Cities of Sigmar, but I would for sure have thought that Nurgle or Beasts are the next Chaos tome. If Skaven and Cities are indeed next in line, Vince Venturella at Warhammer Weekly will be kicking himself or doing his "Cities in AoS3" and "Skaven in AoS3" shows so early.

• Like 2

I could see Cities coming early, if for no other reason than to integrate the Broken Realms cities into the book proper, maybe also adding in the Dawnbringer Crusades as an option (like Stormhost/Scions in Stormcast) whatever that turns out to be. I doubt it will get many models, maybe a hero or 2.

Skaven I'm a little more torn on, I think they really need a new book and desperately need some models updated but I can't see a big range refresh happening this close the release of another brand new army.

Cities vs Skaven would be a good battlebox though.

2 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

Interesting, as you mentioned this would imply an update to Cities of Sigmar and Skaven. CoS could use some nee models to better match the setting, whereas Skaven (IMO) are some of the most outdated models in the range. If anyone deserves a new model refresh, it’s absolutely Skaven and their play doh muscle arms lol 

We need new freeguild models!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

I could see Cities coming early, if for no other reason than to integrate the Broken Realms cities into the book proper, maybe also adding in the Dawnbringer Crusades as an option (like Stormhost/Scions in Stormcast) whatever that turns out to be. I doubt it will get many models, maybe a hero or 2.

Skaven I'm a little more torn on, I think they really need a new book and desperately need some models updated but I can't see a big range refresh happening this close the release of another brand new army.

Cities vs Skaven would be a good battlebox though.

I could see Dawnbringer Crusades being pushed a lot - mortal auxiliaries will push more people to buy the new SCE units even if its just a couple of flavourful heroes or unit that fills a gap for SCE lists. Plus GW mention the crusades a LOT.

From a lore perspective it would make sense to have Skaven in with CoS for a boxed set. All those new settlements to be infested..

Undercities of Sigmar?

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

This is SUUUUUPER interesting!! Chaos is due for a Battletome in October but coming after the massive SCE and Kruelboyz range has me concerned that it will be another Hero model, Endless Spell/Terrain Piece situation. Skaven deserve so much more than that. 

Even as a fan of skaven I'd say if  Cities and Skaven came alongside I'd 100% want Cities to get more attention. Whilst Skaven DO need attention its mostly in terms of updating models to plastic. Skaven have a really diverse and varied force right now. They've a sweet spot for choice.

Cities just needs more attention, even if it might come with model loss I'd hope it would come with a big solid update to the human side. It would also be neat to see them clean the elf and dwarf sides up more. Elf wise we've got mostly the whole dark elf army nad a few dregs of the others; meanwhile dwarves are bitty, but still fairly well there.

• Confused 2

New battletome doesn't mean new models. Actually in that list it is named only battletome, not other boxes for skaven. So, if that is a clue for the new battletome, it seems there will be no new miniatures, otherwise the actual model would be in that list

Edited by Kramig
  • Like 1

From what I've seen GW is more likely to pull codex/battletomes from sale entirely whilst old model stock is normally just left to dwindle out until the very last moment. Which makes sense, old clan rats (or whatever) still work even if new ones are released; its really only the battletome/codex/rules that becomes totally invalid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Here is a rumour.

I've heard the aos app has been canceled / indefinitely delayed and will not be launching in either a beta or complete state as part of wh+.

That would be incredibly dissapointing.

Would add to my general feeling that AoS 3.0 has been a bit of a damp squib (although my inability to play games atm probably hasn't helped).

• Confused 1

The novel "Dominion" was really interesting to describe the life in Excelsis, and then the crusades they organize in Ghur

the result could be superb, hoping they do more than just a Battletome

and I dare not even imagine the new miniatures that the Skaven can have with the Aos touch

• Like 3

3 hours ago, xking said:

Wow, some people are mad. There seems to be a mass downvote campaign on the GW YouTube channel. 

Always makes me laugh when people down vote things on YouTube as it still counts as a interaction.

Doesnt matter if its posative or negative, the more interactions, the wider the reach of the video. 

As from when the SCE and War clans battletomes drop, I quite like there has been a gap, means Ive been able to paint up my Dominion box set and save up some money to drop on new stuff. 

And now you know why GW keeps comments off on youtube videos. It's mostly just in reaction to GW enforcing its IP on content creators making videos they get paid/donated too. It's a blip and once warhammer + lands and once its been a week or two it should all blow over

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I heard that the CoS + Skaven release is like Blood of the Phoenix release (two heroes and two units).

Mmm....i could see something like this but would be bad for both the armies...skaven need at least Eshin or Moulder full model wave without considering the resin leftovers for many old units.
And skaven already had similar problem considering the FeC vs Skaven first dual box, seems strange having them in 3rd edition again being neglected.
Also if that if Cities are coming "soon" so we'll get 4 battletomes without having something for death...and seems strange.
Perhaps Nighthaunt BT will come first?

@OverreadWhile i agree that the human side needs more love, some elves and dwarves needs to remain as the settings already established that point.I could see something about dark elves getting diminished when malerion get his army(as Lumineth were preceded by an HE model purge from Cos) but it would be really lame to eliminate the whole idea that cities are composed by those three species azyrite descendants.Probably if we'll see the "dwarf soup" tome or Malerion before Cos we'll get a better picture how GW want to handles the cities.Imho they should get a wave about faithful of Sigmars bringing back priests and many other cult members,fitting the theme of the dawnbringer crusades.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1