The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Two weeks for kill team are you kidding me GW.

This is almost as bad as the dragged out LRL release but at least that had Covid as an excuse. This is a deliberate marketing strategy.

That’s because the vacation week they get in August

Getting painful now, my regular opponent and i are waiting on those battletomes before getting too in depth on the edition as they are the main armies we are running right now. Between this and the complete absence of Titanicus news its a lot of wheelspinning from GW

6 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just came across this on facebook, probably just coincidence but what a coincidence if BoC have been rumoured to be next and they're not shown in the 'getting started' booklet. I want to believe. 

It occurs to me that they just put up some really nice shiny new coalition rules for the chaos books that allows them to more freely take beasts units. What better time would there be to do a full range refresh and a bunch of competitive new rules for BoC? Most chaos players would scramble to pick up a few units to compensate for the issues that the new rules created in their books, and hey, maybe they'll get a few more and then they have a full beasts army too. It'd certainly be a pretty smart marketing decision on GWs part. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

If a new tome is dropping in October, what’s usually the lead time in these? I mean, should we expect to see or hear something about it soon? 

If we presume for a moment that GW are going to do the whole last-week-of-August preorder for the SC and OWC battletomes, then I'd assume they'll start talking about the next book pretty much immediately after those books drop in the first week of September.

GW won't want to overlap their hype, but unless there's anything else for AoS coming up for them to promote, I'd expect a September/early October marketing campaign for the October Chaos book.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Right now I have to say that I don't really see any Chaos models coming in October if Kruleboyz and Stormcast won't get their simultaneous big releases before September...

Let's all hope for the be(a)st!! 

The problem is also that 40k is about to get the orks beast snaggas wave and perhaps black templars, the latter rumored in October...
Imho the Chaos battletome will be one with few kits...too many things cramped together if we count also Orruks and Stormcasts.

Still i'm a bit bummed that gw is putting too much time between Dominion and the new releases for those two armies...iirc also SM and necrons with Indomitus had similar timeframe.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

In terms of the Getting Started booklet, 

They also feature some Skaven... but weirdly the Warlock Bombardier and an 1990s Skyre Acolyte... for some reason? 

With the rumours of Skaven being updated - as well as the BoC rumours - seems weird that these are the factions with the least representation or the very much 'weirdest' representation.

If it is to be a smaller Chaos release than I hope it's not Beasts of Chaos. Much like the Mawtribes rumours I'd much rather wait longer for updated models and range refreshes then be the book with a model or Spells this Edition.

Which was Mawtribes and BOC last Edition so fingers crossed for them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The problem is also that 40k is about to get the orks beast snaggas wave and perhaps black templars, the latter rumored in October...
Imho the Chaos battletome will be one with few kits...too many things cramped together if we count also Orruks and Stormcasts.

Still i'm a bit bummed that gw is putting too much time between Dominion and the new releases for those two armies...iirc also SM and necrons with Indomitus had similar timeframe.

Agreed, though I'm really hoping that if we do get a new chaos battle tome this October that it's Slaves To Darkness or BoC, that way there's still hope for Furnace Kings to get a massive release. Also, really hope Kruleboyz come out soon. I just want to build an army of swamp monsters so bad!

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If it is to be a smaller Chaos release than I hope it's not Beasts of Chaos. Much like the Mawtribes rumours I'd much rather wait longer for updated models and range refreshes then be the book with a model or Spells this Edition.

Which was Mawtribes and BOC last Edition so fingers crossed for them.

They need to expand Beastclaw Raiders and Firebelly if GW if going for a big plastic release. That way we(the players) could do an army of Ice and Fire(no Game of Thrones references intended) and make jokes about hot/cold packs. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

I heard today that the October Chaos book is Darkoath...

But the voices in my head say a lot of things. And I found a FW mammoth yesterday so....

I still wish we had a darkoath line...for years i was looking forward to it with the chieftain and war queen. A new mammoth, skinwolves etc, like norsca of sorts.... ugh.....

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Tervindar said:

I still wish we had a darkoath line...for years i was looking forward to it with the chieftain and war queen. A new mammoth, skinwolves etc, like norsca of sorts.... ugh.....

I have a feeling the darkoath line is going to be released as Norsca when Warhammer Fantasy gets rebooted through forgeworld, or when GW finally decides to update Marauders. 

• Like 1

Hmm... alternatively the lack of BoC in the getting started book could mean that we are getting them folded into a different faction. Slaves to Darkness being the most likely candidate. As much as I would love to bring some Dragon Ogors into the fold, I am left with the immortal words of Switch from the Matrix.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber

If there is an army book, but not a big miniature release later this year, then that could point towards Maggotkin right? Their model range on the whole is pretty good. Maybe a new hero or a replacement for one of the few resin heroes they have, plus the book is all they'd need.

Just my personal wishlisting, they could do a new plastic Pestigor unit as part of Maggotkin, that then could be used in BoC when they eventually get re-done.

• Like 2