The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

Umbraneth Meltlords, that picture represents a new battleline unit. They coat their armour in cheese, any time they take a wound in melee roll a die. On a 6, the attacker takes a mortal wound (cheese is hot) and can't retreat from combat (cheese is sticky).

Umbrieneth

Generals: Wa'lace and Grom

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

It's mostly about that. As uncool as I might personally find parts of Lumineth (hear me out, I'm in turn ok with everyone finding my army lame), they should get as many releases as their fans could want - but they already got a ton of new kits in their first release(s), so it should be way AFTER some other armies got some decent range expansions or first updates.

That is where I have to strongly disagree. The first LRL tome contains:

Leaders:

Teclis
Eltharion
Scinari Cathakkar
Alarith Stonemage
Avalenor

Units:
Wardens
Sentinels
Dawnriders
Stoneguard

Monsters:
Spirit of the Mountain

Misc:
Endless Spells (counted as one)

That's a total of 11 entries. Now let's look at the Idoneth's first and only release:

Leaders:
Volturnos
Lotann
Isharann Soulrender
Isharann Tidecaster
Ishrarann Soulscryer
Akhelian King

Units:
Reavers
Thralls
Allopex
Ishlaen Guard
Morsarr Guard

Monsters:
Eidolon of Storm
Eidolon of Sea
Leviadon

Misc:
Shipwreck

That's 15 entries, with the Idoneth slightly beating Lumineth in every category. Now, how about the new kids, Kruleboyz, who are just an expansion of Orruk Warclans?!

Leaders
Mouth of Mork
Killaboss on Vulture
Killaboss on Gnashtoof
Killaboss on foot
Murknob Banner dude
Swampcalla Shaman
Named Swampboss on sludgeraker
Generic boss on sludgeraker
Breakerboss on Trogoth

Units:
Gutrippaz
Boltboyz
Hobgrotz
Beastskewer Killbow

Monsters:
Sloggoth

Provided that is really it for Kruleboyz and don't get, for example, any cavalry or a Hobgrot hero, they sum up to 14 entries. Still 3 more than Lumineth's first wave. So if you are advocating for Lumineth should have waited like three years before receiving backup, they would have had considerably less entries than other factions. How would that have been fair?! Now, could the second wave have been smaller?! That's another topic.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

I think they just shouldn't have released LRL when it was one of the army with the less avilable units. No matter how necessary was the second wave, a new battletome one year later isn't going to be well received.

Those who collect are crossed because they have to update the army they just completed, and those who don't are going to feel like they should have been next in line.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

It's the classic stupid reinforcement where GW pushes and caters to a few armies too much, so people stop buying the other relatively unsupported armies (with ancient or small model ranges). Then GW takes this as the armies not selling well but it's essentially because they don't put any effort into the armies to make them sell.

9 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

That is where I have to strongly disagree. The first LRL tome contains:

Leaders:

Teclis
Eltharion
Scinari Cathakkar
Alarith Stonemage
Avalenor

Units:
Wardens
Sentinels
Dawnriders
Stoneguard

Monsters:
Spirit of the Mountain

Misc:
Endless Spells (counted as one)

That's a total of 11 entries. Now let's look at the Idoneth's first and only release:

Leaders:
Volturnos
Lotann
Isharann Soulrender
Isharann Tidecaster
Ishrarann Soulscryer
Akhelian King

Units:
Reavers
Thralls
Allopex
Ishlaen Guard
Morsarr Guard

Monsters:
Eidolon of Storm
Eidolon of Sea
Leviadon

Misc:
Shipwreck

That's 15 entries, with the Idoneth slightly beating Lumineth in every category. Now, how about the new kids, Kruleboyz, who are just an expansion of Orruk Warclans?!

Leaders
Mouth of Mork
Killaboss on Vulture
Killaboss on Gnashtoof
Killaboss on foot
Murknob Banner dude
Swampcalla Shaman
Named Swampboss on sludgeraker
Generic boss on sludgeraker
Breakerboss on Trogoth

Units:
Gutrippaz
Boltboyz
Hobgrotz
Beastskewer Killbow

Monsters:
Sloggoth

Provided that is really it for Kruleboyz and don't get, for example, any cavalry or a Hobgrot hero, they sum up to 14 entries. Still 3 more than Lumineth's first wave. So if you are advocating for Lumineth should have waited like three years before receiving backup, they would have had considerably less entries than other factions. How would that have been fair?! Now, could the second wave have been smaller?! That's another topic.

Yeah and that's where you are turning a blind eye and kinda lose the argument - those other armies you've posted didn't get a "second wave" (or a second part of the first wave if we wanna be pedantic) like 3 months later that bumped their kit number almost to the top. And Lumineth will get a third (or second) wave too once Tyrion will be back. 

There's a reason IDK feel just like their minions, cast out and forgotten, compared to Lumineth... 

Edit: Like I've said, every army should get lots of kits but the timing leaves a very bad taste in everyone's but Lumineth player's mouths when we got BoC, Skaven, Seraphon and a ton of mini factions that need to be shown any or more love.

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah and that's where you are turning a blind eye and kinda lose the argument - those other armies you've posted didn't get a "second wave" (or a second part of the first wave if we wanna be pedantic) like 3 months later that bumped their kit number almost to the top. And Lumineth will get a third (or second) wave too once Tyrion will be back. 

There's a reason IDK feel just like their minions, cast out and forgotten, compared to Lumineth... 

Edit: Like I've said, every army should get lots of kits but the timing leaves a very bad taste in everyone's but Lumineth player's mouths when we got BoC, Skaven, Seraphon and a ton of mini factions that need to be shown any or more love.

Oh, darn, looks like I "lost the argument"... No, wait, I didn't. I just argued that only the first wave, like you were suggesting, would have been too few options compared to other single-release armies that consist of only new (meaning no WHFB remains) plastic kits as well. And you are only assuming that Idoneth will not get a second release in the same way you are only assuming that Lumineth will get a third one before Idoneth and/or Orruks. Now I for one wouldn't have had a problem with less miniatures in the second Lumineth wave, since some things like the Calligraph, the Bannerblade or the Ballista feel a little lackluster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

MODERATOR NOTICE

We are going no where productive nor constructive arguing about which army should get what. I think its time to let that debate rest and get back to news/rumours and such. If you really want to continue talking about GW's release plans you can start a separate thread on the subject. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I have a weird feeling these 2 are connected.

2021-03-23.jpg

Surprising this one didn't show up as part of the Beast Snaggas 40k release. I think it's a bit too coarse to match this new image, which is probably something DoK/40k Dark Eldar but then it also looks quite machined and different to kruleboys or ironjaws or gloomspite gear.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Overread said:

MODERATOR NOTICE

We are going no where productive nor constructive arguing about which army should get what. I think its time to let that debate rest and get back to news/rumours and such. If you really want to continue talking about GW's release plans you can start a separate thread on the subject. 

Can we have some clear outline on this thread for this? 

Its just going  to continue from another discussion eventually.

Maybe rename this general chat too? We all know much more than rumors get discussed here and some feel the  need to take matters into their own hands to inform people in non constructive ways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

yeah it set an unfortunate bad precedent that a new release may not be your full release and you now think their could be a "second wave" coming to flesh out your new army. it wasn't just LRL, you could argue that both Slaaneshi and Sisters also got their initial release split in two since they had about 18 months between their two recent release (and then Slaanesh got the twins randomly in BR)

• Like 2

Or a good one - I'm happy with the Slaanesh second wave :)

I think the only issue I have is the two special character models they released a few weeks later through Broken Realms and then the point shift in 3.0 all VERY fast after the new battletome. But a new Tome with a halfdozen to a dozen more models is a good upgrade in my view even after a year. Big chunky updates are fine in my book, its small drip-fed ones RIGHT after release that I dislike a bit. 

Plus at a functional level GW can only release so many models in one go for an army before players hit a practical limit of buying and building/painting in one go. If they released 30 new models in one big go yes its a huge release, but most of them won't sell all that well because people have finite buying power. But if they split them into several smaller big releases they can get much higher sales because now you're not burning out in one big go. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, novakai said:

yeah it set an unfortunate bad precedent that a new release may not be your full release and you now think their could be a "second wave" coming to flesh out your new army. it wasn't just LRL, you could argue that both Slaaneshi and Sisters also got their initial release split in two since they had about 18 months between their two recent release (and then Slaanesh got the twins randomly in BR)

Only difference is that Sisters of Battle had been waiting for an update since before the new millennium.

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Or a good one - I'm happy with the Slaanesh second wave :)

I think the only issue I have is the two special character models they released a few weeks later through Broken Realms and then the point shift in 3.0 all VERY fast after the new battletome. But a new Tome with a halfdozen to a dozen more models is a good upgrade in my view even after a year. Big chunky updates are fine in my book, its small drip-fed ones RIGHT after release that I dislike a bit. 

Plus at a functional level GW can only release so many models in one go for an army before players hit a practical limit of buying and building/painting in one go. If they released 30 new models in one big go yes its a huge release, but most of them won't sell all that well because people have finite buying power. But if they split them into several smaller big releases they can get much higher sales because now you're not burning out in one big go. 

sure but now your expecting every new wave to get a second release in 18 months time but what happens when you don't get it, that would be a bad one. am i suppose to just just expect Sons to get a second release all of a sudden (TBF its is in the realm of possibility) or that Kruleboyz is going to get one too? sure i understand it not good to release 30 models in one go, but i doubt every release is going to be 30 models strong every time.

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Only difference is that Sisters of Battle had been waiting for an update since before the new millennium.

yeah, i am just saying LRL wasn't the only release that may have been split, they just had the shortest timeframe

• Like 1

I don't expect an army to get a release until GW says they are getting a release. I've been following GW for long enough to know that you cannot predict. Perhaps Ossiarchs get a second wave; or they get drip fed models; or they never get anything for the next 10 years - anything is possible. You can only take it on face value as what you get. 

Trying to guess what might get a release and the nature of that release is impossible. No one guessed Ossiarchs would even happen until they happened; everyone expected Luminieth and Malarion to be around much sooner than they have. Its impossible if you're on the outside of GW's system to predict.

So just go with what you get when you get it :)

For the love of Sigmar can we please drop the “which army should get updated when” stuff, it’s been done to death.

On the topic of rumours, I’ve decided that I’m 100% sure that there’s gonna be Gnashtoof cavalry. Whilst it would be a good thing to hold over everyone’s heads for a while to build hype (a very GW-y thing to do), it would make sense for them to have a cavalry unit to contrast against the new Draconith

If they AREN’T a thing, then I’ll be retiring to the Great Oubliette, wherein I shall reflect on how horifically wrong I was. Until the Nighthaunt BT comes, that is.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, novakai said:

sure but now your expecting every new wave to get a second release in 18 months time but what happens when you don't get it, that would be a bad one. am i suppose to just just expect Sons to get a second release all of a sudden (TBF its is in the realm of possibility) or that Kruleboyz is going to get one too? sure i understand it not good to release 30 models in one go, but i doubt every release is going to be 30 models strong every time.

yeah, i am just saying LRL wasn't the only release that may have been split, they just had the shortest timeframe

200.gif

• Haha 1