The Rumour Thread

So let's say you have one of the big characters and the general, how many of the regular riders do you think we can fit in 2000 points? With a Stardrake and a dracoth general you can fit 10 regular dracoths in 2000 points. You have to imagine these will cost more points. 

Edited by Chikout

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So much conversion potential here..... Chaos Dragons, a new Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon if one does some cutting and greenstuff work..... the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Do the Stormcast look a bit... big, on there? Or rather, the dragons feel too small for their riders. Really downgrades the models in my eyes.

Nah--maybe because they ride so far forward (because of wings) vs what you'd expect to see when riding something like a horse.

4 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

would be nice but seems stormcast is the major focus rather than the warclans....

i am assuming they are following a pattern of revealing stuff for one army one week and the next week is for the other army (like how they been doing for the majority of the whole SCE/Kruleboyz reveal)

2 hours ago, Tervindar said:

Does this mean we will get Kruleboyz cavalry now? *crosses fingers*

I am genuinely confused as I have been working like mad this last week. But wasn't it confirmed that we had seen all the Kruel Boyz releases?

If not I hope we get a full unit of Troggoth riders to go with the new hero, instead of the more traditional wolf/gnashtooth riders. Although, ideally there would be room for both.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

would be nice but seems stormcast is the major focus rather than the warclans....

I have the impression that these dragons are nowhere near the same size as a zombie dragon, they are probably more akin to drakes

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am genuinely confused as I have been working like mad this last week. But wasn't it confirmed that we had seen all the Kruel Boyz releases?

If not I hope we get a full unit of Troggoth riders to go with the new hero, instead of the more traditional wolf/gnashtooth riders. Although, ideally there would be room for both.

their facebook replies where not that consistent on that matter another comment was there could be more stuff soon so keep a look out

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Just a little reminder that we have an actual news thread now if you guys want to talk about those sweet dragon-lads.

Unless the mods start ruthlessly deleting every post on here about news and not rumors, I think this other thread just is gonna be a pain in the ass and fragment the discussion.  Personally at this phase in my life/hobby I really come to this forum to read one thread, I don't really want to have to look at two threads especially if its the same people making the same comments in two places. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

You people who hate aelves need to get on board with this. It has all been telescoped in the fluff for years. There’s going to be another Lumineth wave. There’s going to be at least one malerion release. There will probably be kurnothi. We may well see another Idoneth release.

The sooner you learn to be at peace with it the better. Nothing worse than seeing people moan about aelves each time they get something else when it’s been clear for so long that, yes, there’s more coming.

I'd prefer Kurnothi 1st(mashed in Sylvaneth though) and Idoneth 2nd wave than another 2 waves of Lumineth....i think that's the problem here.
But i don't even think elves should'nt get anything,just not too cramped in the releases (to be honest i heard many Lumineth player hating the "we gave you another book and many units not so long after you already bought the first part").
I'd love an Idoneth 2nd wave as are one of the most interesting concept in aos, sadly looked upon by many "purists" from the old guard.
On the other hand better be back to the rumors....i love the dragons and thankfully i did'nt split my dominion box.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

12 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Unless the mods start ruthlessly deleting every post on here about news and not rumors, I think this other thread just is gonna be a pain in the ass and fragment the discussion.  Personally at this phase in my life/hobby I really come to this forum to read one thread, I don't really want to have to look at two threads especially if its the same people making the same comments in two places. 

Like I said, it's up to the community to make it work. The whole idea is to get more organization in the conversations you want to be apart of. Prior, the Rumor Thread was a total mashed potatoes of ideas, off-topic, news, and other random conversations. It was incredibly difficult to parse, and honestly not worth the effort--I wasn't even reading most people's discussions because it was so all over the place, and all I really wanted was to see if anyone had heard any true rumors.

But as you mentioned, I'm not a mod, so you can do whatever you want. If people like the idea of a separate news thread and would like to cooperate in the endeavor, they can. It probably won't be perfect, but I think it's better than what we had before.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, novakai said:

maybe its just me but i would assume their be a major destruction release or two considering that its Era of the Beast like how last edition was largely Death focus. 

and they also then to cycle through each GA (thought Order still gets the most) when it comes to big releases.

I agree mate. I believe we will have 1 new Faction for Destruction possibly at the tail end of the Edition, I'd love for 2 personally. 

Gloomspite had their big update in 2019 so I hope they at least get an update for Spiderfang in some shape or form.

Warclans have obviously got the Kruelboyz update right now which we should remember is not really a new Faction it's an update.

Sons of Behemat I'd love to see get the Matriarch Gargant mentioned in their lore as a Leader/Shaman duel kit. Baring that an updated Mancrusher would be amazing.

Finally I believe that the biggest update to a Destruction Faction outside of an all new Sub Faction such as Kruelboyz will be for the Mawtribes. A massive range refresh or at least update of the resin, which there is a lot.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Absolutely fantastic looking. The new Thunderstrike SCE have all been incredible.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • LOVE IT! 1

Makes me wonder why a chariot with this release of dragon riders and dragons is the thing.  Surely there must be more to the chariot. Really pointless for them to have done a chariot if there isn’t.

don’t get me wrong, these are really cool. But I hope this is THE END of SCE getting new mounts that make their previous ones obsolete.

6 hours ago, PJetski said:

Two poses; wings up, and wings down. Box of 2 models.

They'll probably come in squads of 2. One of them can be built into a hero (makes the other model useless)

I am not certain about the unit of two as the body, tail and hind legs look similar in each picture. It is possible that they included an additional set of wings, arms and heads and various options for riders to sell at a premium hoping people will purchase multiples. 3.0 has a number of rules about units consisting of a single model not being able to be reinforced as well and it could apply to units of Stormdrake Guard. I am not arguing that this is the case as my initial reaction was also a unit of two, but the wording in the article is actually fairly vague about actual unit sizes... unless it has been cleared up in an edit? Which happens on Warhammer Community fairly often. I do really hope it is a two model box though as they are amazing and I will likely only grab a single box for budget and space purposes.

As for Thunderstrike being SCE Primaris, only time will tell but the reality is simply that each edition there will be a new wave of Stormcast and there will of course be a saturation point. Maybe they will update the sculpts of liberators one day or replace them entirely, but so long as you are not overly concerned about specific models and your opponent isn't an absurd stickler, it will be easy enough to clarify that your old Liberators are a unit of the new Latine Sermo Lightning Fists! 

Edited by Neverchosen

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

only time will tell but the reality is simply that each edition there will be a new wave of Stormcast and there will of course be a saturation point

That's was my personal breaking point with the faction and i sold them. Also some factions still have models from early '00 and other redone after 5 years..ok.

Edited by baiardo

25 minutes ago, baiardo said:

That's was my personal breaking point with the faction and i sold them. Also some factions still have models from early '00 and other redone after 5 years..ok.

Haha, I am on the opposite end and realized that the constant flux of new models meant I could get second hand SCE on the cheap and picked up Dominion to split with a friend... although I gifted the Kruelboyz half.

Edited by Neverchosen