The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

You people who hate aelves need to get on board with this. It has all been telescoped in the fluff for years. There’s going to be another Lumineth wave. There’s going to be at least one malerion release. There will probably be kurnothi. We may well see another Idoneth release.

The sooner you learn to be at peace with it the better. Nothing worse than seeing people moan about aelves each time they get something else when it’s been clear for so long that, yes, there’s more coming.

"you people", usually not a great choice of words to start off; a rant about expectations.

Thing is the community is getting tired and security in the games have been exceptionally rocky because of the total lack of communication lines and feedback no longer a priority for improvement. They very well might release another  6 waves  of release flavours before rule overhauls, not the end of the world. Complaining about wanting change isn't constructive, the game, stories, and hobby have endless opportunities we can discover and collaborate together.   

If anyone wants to take this topic into your own hands to  make a more enjoyable experience then don't wait  for it.

I'll be the first to admit it took me years to learn this and losing my passion for it many times.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Alright people lets take a pause and chill for a second.

We all have things we'd like GW to focus on and to do for our armies or armies we want etc... There is no sense in getting into a fight because fans predict that certain things might or might not happen and the order in which they might happen. It's all just fan theories and guesswork and dreams. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

I won't, and if gw doesn't change it then I'll leave the aelf boardgame. No reason to support a game that continually disappoints you tbh

Bye then.

Because these things are happening and were decided by GW about 4 years ago. Complaining about it now isn’t going to force them to change direction.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

You people who hate aelves need to get on board with this. It has all been telescoped in the fluff for years. There’s going to be another Lumineth wave. There’s going to be at least one malerion release. There will probably be kurnothi. We may well see another Idoneth release.

The sooner you learn to be at peace with it the better. Nothing worse than seeing people moan about aelves each time they get something else when it’s been clear for so long that, yes, there’s more coming.

Wow. You’re really gonna start your post with “You People”? Alright then, let’s begin.

I would love to see a new Deepkin release, because unlike Lumineth they haven’t had two releases back to back. I don’t buy into the belief that the original release was halved due to COVID, that s would still mean they’ve had the biggest model update outside of space marines. Meanwhile, we have two of the more iconic armies(Seraphon and Skaven) languishing in fine cast and metal(!), I mean there’s a skaven kit from 1999 still being sold! 

To the moderators of the chat, I’m sorry for answering this troll. As penance I will try to get us back on the path of rumour/speculation by asking if anyone has a “friend” inside CA that is working on Cathay.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Chikout said:

New Scyla for Blood Bowl. A big improvement over the AoS version028185A3-662B-4AA4-B19A-7753E3392601.png.61f0a6c0dca7b3a401d9e2b24fc73a4c.png

Not sold on that if I'm honest, compared to the previous sculpts. I guess the cartoonish sculpt fits more the BB aesthetic, but couldn't see myself using him in AoS. 

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

Alright people lets take a pause and chill for a second.

We all have things we'd like GW to focus on and to do for our armies or armies we want etc... There is no sense in getting into a fight because fans predict that certain things might or might not happen and the order in which they might happen. It's all just fan theories and guesswork and dreams. 

@Overread, you’re a better man/woman/(I don’t know because this is the internet) then me.

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

Not sold on that if I'm honest, compared to the previous sculpts. I guess the cartoonish sculpt fits more the BB aesthetic, but couldn't see myself using him in AoS. 

Yeah I prefer the horrifying bloodthirsty primate spawn over the 80's ghostbuster toy style for me  personally. I think theres a lot of great details on  this new sculpt and great possibilities  on making the skin different.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blood0Tiger said:

I for one want GW to chill with the new armies and factions. Focus on what already exists in the game and continues to suffer to negligence and malpractice of handling most armies  from first edition  to now. Sure they are  teased a ton but GW has done this  thing before much like most  other  world  building with various factions in conflict, not all of them  need  to be fleshed out right away, especially not when both of their big games are not doing  so hot right now. 

I think it is possible to do both, simply by expanding the current armies to include newer subfactions. I had previously created a thread on soup armies and I realized that I am a fan when using soups to introduce new sub-factions, but I am not always the biggest fan of souping currently established factions. Having new subfactions added to pre-existing factions will expand the armies that currently exist, and also let Games Workshop actually introduce many of the teased parts of the lore while also giving people more freedom to choose what they want to collect. I also like when there is some direct tension between subfactions as it gives more reason to focus on a specific subfaction and also for mirror matches to have some more characterful fluff in terms of their reasons to fight.

Here are some of the potential soups/expansions that were discussed in that thread:
Malerion's Umbraneth /DOK: To start, I think this is the most obvious and fitting. I think having Witch Aelves and updated dreadspears form the basis of the army with the lamian and draconic Aelves as the more specialized units could help create a great aesthetic unity that harkens back to WHFB with an AOS twist.
Kurnothi/Sylvaneth: I am so confused why this has not happened yet. Some people have mentioned that Kurnoth and Alarielle are not on the best of terms but the Kurnoth Hunters and Skaeth’s Wild Hunt indicate at least their followers are willing to work together.
Tyrion's LRL/IDK: I feel really weird about this one, but I would love for Tyrion to make amends with the IDK and create a coalition force with rules that prevent Teclis from being run with the Deepkin. However, despite liking the idea narratively and the aesthetic diversity it would create, I feel like the Deepkin would lose their gameplay identity which would be a terrible shame as they have such cool and interesting rules. As such I doubt this one will happen.
Dwarf Soup: I think this is the most controversial and also the most likely to occur. However, I feel most of the issue for me comes from Kharadron being a newer faction with a distinct aesthetic and fiercely independent identity in the lore. However, the current lore set up has been really interesting. I also feel that Fyreslayers and updated Dispossessed together will give some serious WHFB vibes. However, what will happen to City Duardin?
Grotbag Scuttlers/Gloomspite: I feel this is an obvious choice and likely to occur. I just want the gobbos to wear tricorn hats and wield rusty cutlasses. 
Chaos Dwarves/S2D: I think this would be the safest way of introducing a beloved army that historically did not have the best support. Tying Chaos Dwarves to Slaves to Darkness will allow dedicated followers of Hashut to field their forces in peace while also expanding one of the most iconic armies in a new interesting direction. I also want this to happen on purely selfish terms. I think of all my proposed expansions this would be the most likely to break off into a separate army eventually.
Dawnbringers: I was certain this was going to be the updated name for Cities of Sigmar. Despite what people have been mentioning about it being a human oriented faction, the lore clearly makes reference to Duardin and Aelves taking part in the crusades. I still think it is going to be a rebranding of Cities of Sigmar but maybe with a greater emphasis on alliances. The only thing that gives me pause on this matter is that the recent Stormcast rules still obliquely reference Cities of Sigmar.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Any indication that new model Mondays are still a thing? Really fancy staring at something shiny and new. 

The article revealing  a new model usually is the last one they post in the day, so its possible. They ended the new model monday after May, so it's also possible the last two weeks weren't part of a pattern.

• Like 1

I personally really hate the old Scyla. It's right up there with the razorgor as my least favourite sculpts. The new one is fine. 

As for today on the last three Mondays we have seen the AoS starters, the mouth of Mork and the Dragons. They all went up at 4pm UK time which is about an hour and a half from now. Really hoping we see the Drake riders today.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Scyla is one of those models I keep forgetting exists. For all of the releases Khorne Bloodbound got in AoS1, it would have been nice for them to update him and Valkia

With this new BB sculpt, he's on his 4th sculpt. That's more than even Archaon right?

7 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Bye then.

Because these things are happening and were decided by GW about 4 years ago. Complaining about it now isn’t going to force them to change direction.

This attitude doesn't get messages across and neither does it help bring this discussion to a resolution.

Could  we work towards some kind  of guidelines for this forum outlined for everyone to read and understand what you the mods want in this thread? Policing each of these kinds of discussion isn't helping stop them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

This attitude doesn't get messages across and neither does it help bring this discussion to a resolution.

Could  we work towards some kind  of guidelines for this forum outlined for everyone to read and understand what you the mods want in this thread? Policing each of these kinds of discussion isn't helping stop them. 

I don’t know what want from me. I have no influence at GW, but I can tell you more aelves are definitely coming.There’s no other resolution to this discussion as the other poster decided they hate aelves and will quit if more come, and I can’t stop more aelves. So what do you want me to do to further this discussion?

This goes towards everyone actually. Maybe I too agree other armies should have more models or range refresh. Maybe I too think GW should create new things. Regardless of any of that, new aelves are still coming eventually. It’s as inevitable as new Stormcast every edition. I don’t see what whining about it constantly achieves or why people want to live in denial and whine about it later.

Edited as it was a different poster 

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Thing is, I don't think Tyrion is going to be part of LRL. Controversial, I know.

But if Tyrion and his aelves (Sunnysideupeth?) roll out as their own faction, GW gets to play with a different playstyle and a different aesthetic without bloating the Lumineth range any further.

Then you have the Tyrionic and Teclian aelves as one coalition, Sylvaneth and Kurnothi together, DoK and Malerion's forces together. The only one that doesn't fit is the Deepkin.

Here is where I have a great idea though... What if Malerion had a similar problem to Teclis, and the shadow daemons he uses rebelled or got exiled, then the shadow daemons come out as their own faction and form a coalition with Deepkin as the outcasts? That would be immense. 

And people who think that is too much aelf should maybe compare it to the fact that Chaos has 4 god-specific factions, each of whom can be split into daemon or mortal... I think there's precedent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

id love more idoneth, theres lots more to be explored there i think! I'm not arsed for Lumineth really but they just dont do it for me aesthetically other than the big cows.  I will be going all in on Malerion elves though. 

Obviously I'm a massive idoneth fan but I can live without a second wave major release. Ideally I'd be happy with a hero + endless spells or a new sea beast of some kind. 

It feels like for the first time since the book came out we've reached a point where Idoneth are really well balanced. They are sitting right in the middle of the pack with the ability to do really well, but also no obviously overpowered units. 

You can also make a case for pretty much every unit in the book now. Really it's only Lotan, Aspect of the Sea and the Soulrender who have no place in lists at the moment.

I'd be happy for a battletome that tidies up a bit, maybe adds some more distinctive enclave abilities and some more appealing spells / artifacts. 

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I only wanted to to hit the major beats, but you are right, of course. I fully expect expansions to all kinds of armies through "side game" content like Warcry, Underworlds and Warhammer Quest over the life span of AoS 3.

Here is a speculative relese schedule I could see happening:

First, I assume that we will stick to one realm per GHB for AoS 3. First year is in Ghur, and I am going to speculate that we will go to Ulgu next, then Azyr.

Year 1 - Azyr:

Kruleboyz/Stormcast are already out and have set the stage.

Dwarf Soup: Already fairly well substantiated by rumours, and it will probably come with new Dispossessed in some form. Might actually be a more minor release in terms of new models, sorry Dwarf bros :(

Dawnbringer Crusades: If I had to guess, they will be a refresh of the worst Freeguild kits and some new Order of Azyr and Ironweld Arsenal (Steam Tank) stuff. Perhaps Dwarf Soup and Dawnbringers are a joint release (somehow) because of the overlap between the two in the Ironweld Arsenal

Kurnothi: As an expansion of Sylvaneth. Unsure how big this release can be because...

Beasts of Chaos: ...also should really go into the Ghur year. Range refresh if I'm right.

I think having Dawnbringers, Kurnothi and Dispossessed in year 1 makes sense, since they rae all Cities of Sigmar related.

Year 2 - Ulgu:

Umbraneth: Malerion's elves are the perfect army to open up the Ulgu year. Could be merged with Daughters, Orruk Warclans style. Could be their own thing. They will be fighting...

Tyrionic Lumineth: Fighting Malerion is presumably the important thing Tyrion is doing that has been foreshadowed in Broken Realms.

Skaven: Skaven have a strong presence in Ulgu so they go here.

Year 3 - Azyr:

War finally reaches the heavens. In this year, I expect Chaos activity to ramp up to lead into the next edition similarly to how Destruction got more play in Broken Realms.

Chaos Duardin: We finally get Chorfs now. They can play a role in the siege of Azyr with their war machines.

Years 2 and 3 have room for expansions and new army releases that are not covered anywhere else. All the Destruction factions will probably get something cool at some point. Same with FEC, OBR or Idoneth. However, I could also imagine all of those factions not to get any substantial amount of attention this edition.

maybe its just me but i would assume their be a major destruction release or two considering that its Era of the Beast like how last edition was largely Death focus. 

and they also then to cycle through each GA (thought Order still gets the most) when it comes to big releases.

• Like 1